Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madden Curse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't even think about it because nobody had mentioned it, but Alexander's on the cover of Madden 07, I drafted him in a few leagues, and what happens? He breaks his foot.

I'm starting to think this is the real deal, and if they put any Bengal on the cover, I'll bomb EA Sports headquarters. Anybody else think it's real?
It's real in my mind.
Tomcat68 Wrote:It's real in my mind.

At this point, you almost have to believe that it's real.

Why hasn't anyone said anything about this on TV or anything???
It's become a reality to me also ! I think John Madden should be on the cover for now on like old days !
BFritz Wrote:At this point, you almost have to believe that it's real.

Why hasn't anyone said anything about this on TV or anything???

They did talk about it all over TV when they announced Alexander would be out a while. ESPN went over it in great detail.
alfus21 Wrote:They did talk about it all over TV when they announced Alexander would be out a while. ESPN went over it in great detail.

Guess I haven't been watching enough TV
Yeah I totally believe it. I also drafted Alexander in my FF league and I actually had a feeling that something might happen b/c of this. I mean who wouldnt believe it, look at the past 3 or 4 coverboys.

Mike Vick-04 Broke his leg in preseason
Ray Lewis-Had an injury near the end of the season and Ravens didnt make playoffs
Donavan Mcnabb-06 Sports Hernia ended his season. Plus had T.O. on his team, nuff said right there
Now 07-Alexander-Broke foot?
Yeah this kinx is for real
-STAT- Wrote:Yeah I totally believe it. I also drafted Alexander in my FF league and I actually had a feeling that something might happen b/c of this. I mean who wouldnt believe it, look at the past 3 or 4 coverboys.

Ray Lewis-Had an injury near the end of the season and Ravens didnt make playoffs
Donavan Mcnabb-06 Sports Hernia ended his season. Plus had T.O. on his team, nuff said right there

You forgot 00, 01, 02, and 03.....

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/maddencurse.asp
Forgot 03, but I couldnt remember 01 and 02..lol
-STAT- Wrote:Yeah I totally believe it. I also drafted Alexander in my FF league and I actually had a feeling that something might happen b/c of this. I mean who wouldnt believe it, look at the past 3 or 4 coverboys.

ray lewis also went on trial for double murder but was not guilty.
t-cat50 Wrote:ray lewis also went on trial for double murder but was not guilty.

FOUND not guilty, but I think he was
I feel for the athlete that graces the cover for Madden08. Just hopes its no one from Cincinnati. lol
-STAT- Wrote:I feel for the athlete that graces the cover for Madden08. Just hopes its no one from Cincinnati. lol

Any chance we can petition for T.O. to be on the cover of Madden? That would be nice. Thanks EA Sports.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Any chance we can petition for T.O. to be on the cover of Madden? That would be nice. Thanks EA Sports.

Haha...Would like to see that. But it would b one game I wouldnt buy..lol
Still wouldn't ever stop any player from turning down the chance to be on the cover of a Madden game!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Still wouldn't ever stop any player from turning down the chance to be on the cover of a Madden game!

It might have to start being considered....... and how do you know that a player hasn't turned down being on it??
it used to be Ea sports curse because it cursed people on nba live and all the other ea sports games but dwayne wade won mvp and a championship while being on the cover of live.
Wonder how T-Mac will do this season since hes gracing the cover of NBA Live07
And could it possible be that Reggie Bush being on the NCAA07 cover carry over into the NFL? lol b/c hes not on the game
wonder if any one will ever be on ncaa and madden.
-STAT- Wrote:And could it possible be that Reggie Bush being on the NCAA07 cover carry over into the NFL? lol b/c hes not on the game

he's in the game on 07 but i think he is a back up.. on the 360 anyway
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Still wouldn't ever stop any player from turning down the chance to be on the cover of a Madden game!
BECAUSE I JUST READ AN ARTICLE FROM SPORTS ILLUSTRATED stating that Shaun Alexander said that EVERYONE wants to be on the cover of Madden because of it's popularity among players in the NFL!
crazytaxidriver Wrote:he's in the game on 07 but i think he is a back up.. on the 360 anyway
why would he be a back up
t-cat50 Wrote:wonder if any one will ever be on ncaa and madden.

If this counts Carmelo Anthony was on the cover of NCAA March Madness 2004 and NBA Live 2005. So there could be a chance that someone could possibly be on both of these covers