Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Central vs. Estill County 5/27 (14th Region)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going to be a great matchup of probably the 2 best pitchers in the region. Can't wait.
What was the score in the Knott/Wolfe game?

I double Estill will pitch Tuttle in this one. I'd say Estill will go with either French or Sparks.
Cornett is tough. If Estill doesn't pitch Tuttle it may be a mistake.
Haven't seen Estill's 2 or 3 pitcher but I know Cornett is capable of shutting anybody down.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Cornett is tough. If Estill doesn't pitch Tuttle it may be a mistake.

Estill has couple more pitchers they can use and still pull out the win..
Zach Withers is right around 7-2, 7-3 some where in that range, I know he has just a few loses.

Wade French I think is undefeated.

Trent Sparks is pitcher Estill can use. Maxpreps shows Sparks at 0-1 but all the stats for some games haven't been entered. I'd say he is about .500 in the W/L column.
I think Estill County is the home team, Knott will be visitors, according to the bracket.

Estill County (23-10) averaging 8.5 runs per game while allowing 3.9 runs per game.

Knott County Central (23-7) averaging 7.3 runs per game while allowing 4.1 runs per game.

Common Opponents:
Breathitt County
Buckhorn
Cordia
Letcher County Central
Perry County Central
Powell County

Estill County (8-1)
3/14 @ Breathitt County 11-0 Win
3/22 Cordia (@ Bath County) 10-0 Win
3/26 Powell County 3-2 Win
4/8 @ Powell County 2-0 Win
4/24 @ Buckhorn 23-2 Win
4/26 @ Letcher County Central 10-7 Loss
5/2 Breathitt County 9-0 Win
5/21 Powell County 4-2 Win
5/26 @ Perry County Central 12-1 Win

Knott County Central (7-3)
3/27 Perry County Central 5-4 Win
4/8 @ Letcher County Central 5-3 Win
4/9 @ Perry County Central 12-5 Win
4/21 Letcher County Central 1-0 Loss
4/29 Cordia 2-0 Win
5/5 @ Cordia 10-2 Win
5/12 Breathitt County 9-2 Loss
5/15 Buckhorn 13-1 Win
5/16 @ Powell County 13-3 Loss
5/21 @ Letcher County Central 4-3 Win

Last 10 Games: Knott County Central 8-2 (current 3 game win streak)
Last 10 Games: Estill County 7-3 (current 4 game win streak)

MP: Estill County 7-2
Guess we will see. Btw the Breathitt loss Knott took late in the year was their JV. The varsity was at Jenkins that night.
Also the Powell loss was with an 8th grader and 7th grader on the mound and Powell threw Skidmore.
I had heard that Knott had their JV play Breathitt. Wasn't for sure on the Powell County game.

Should be a good game. Best of luck to both teams!
Knott will upset them if they don't pitch their best. Shouldn't underestimate Cornett just saying....
Estill has more pitchers that are really good, just because Tuttle is Estill's #1 Ace doesn't mean that they don't have a #2 and #3 aces...

Either way I think it should be a good ball game tomorrow.

Anyone know if it will be on the radio?
Estill will for sure throw Tut tonight and save the rest for the final game if they are able to make it through Knott
Both teams have excellent pitchers, I'm picking Estill 3-2
At this point no guaranteed wins. I think this will be a heck of a game to watch. I'll go with Estill in a close one.