Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th region draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any word on times
Pike Central vs. East Ridge 10:30
Johnson Central vs. Allen Central 5:00

Prestonsburg vs. Belfry 1:00
Pikeville vs. Lawrence County 7:30
Times for the tournament were changed due to some counties being in school tomorrow.

10:30am Pike Central vs. Pikeville
5:00pm Johnson Central vs. Allen Central
1:00pm Belfry vs. Prestonsburg
7:30pm Pikeville vs. Lawrence County

Semi-Finals will be Tuesday at 5:30 and 8
Championship is Wednesday at 7:00pm
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pike Central vs. East Ridge 10:30
Johnson Central vs. Allen Central 5:00

Prestonsburg vs. Belfry 1:00
Pikeville vs. Lawrence County 7:30

:flame:
WOW!!!!! Potential first round, first day exit for LC. Not saying it will happen but a healthy Hamilton is definitely not something LC was hoping to draw!!!!
Ok so here are my predictions:
Pike Central over East Ridge, Belfry over Pburg in a close game, JC beats AC easily, and LC takes down Pikeville in a very close low scoring affair. IMO only 2 of these first round games will be good games. Belfry and Pburg, and LC vs. Pikeville, only bc we all know what Hamilton is capable of.
Anyone else have thought?
I would agree with your predictions. Wow never thought I say that. Lol
I think all games will be good with the exception of JC vs AC. But this is tourney time and coaches sometimes out coach themselves.
I would assume this forces lc to pitch the Wallen kid. they can't afford to give up any runs if hamilton is on. does anyone know if hamilton has a pitch count since he has been out pretty much the entire year? i can't imagine the coaches letting him go deep no matter what the score is. and just looking at the bracket, looks like lawrence and belfry got the worst draw while jchs had a great draw. i've also heard it is being played mon-tue-wed. has it ever been this way? as long as i can remember is has always been mon-tue-thur. maybe i heard it wrong from my source.
Hamilton told me hisself that he was given a full release with no pitching limitations. However I wouldn't see Prady throwing him over 100 pitches regardless of how the game is going, but I also see Prady using him in a close game the full 7 if he can keep his pitch count relatively low.
JC did get a great draw. If I was to guess JC will throw Mayes, or another pitcher and save Seth Blanton and Josh Hitchcock for the next 2 games if they continue to advance. The draw was not favorable to LC that's for sure. IMO LC has no choice but to throw Wallen. They can't look past Pikeville and throw off. That's strictly my opinion. They will still have a couple pretty good arms left after Wallen. Cavins and Bailey are not bad second choices and are #1's on most other ball clubs in our area. However I think bc of the draw JC got they definitely got the best of it and therefore being able to save their best 2 arms will prevail and take home the 15th region championship. I see JC taking their baseball and softball teams respectively to the state and possibly making some noise. Tomorrow will tell us a lot about where we're going to be come Tuesday.
Only problem, with Hamilton and his pitch count is that he has very few low count innings because he strikes so many out. Strikeout pitchers throw a ton of pitches. That should be the best game of the first round.
So JC is throwing "OFF" if they throw Mayes?
I think lc will start wallen but if lc scores early they will pull him. I am pretty sure bailey started against them in the regular season and held them to one run in 5 innings in a 12 to 1 win for lc. Look for lc to play more small ball and make hamilton field a lot balls.
I think LC better notion Wallen because even if you get a couple early that may be all you get. As an freshman until he got tired he handled the 2011 team pretty good for 5 innings. I have always beleived Henderson who was watching Shep had to gain a lot of interest in him that game. He can be lights out. It should be a great one to watch.
Lc > Pikeville. Should be a good game. Wallen will hopefully start and outshine Mr. Hamilton. (HOPEFULLY) Final in this one 4-2.