Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 7 - Lawrence Co. 3 57th District Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final! Congrats JC
Congrats JC.
Congrats to JC. A very talented group of kids. IMO this team is the regional winner. Not saying that Pikeville couldn't with Hamilton on the mound, or Pike Central with Justice throwing. It comes down to the draw but again IMO this is the best team left in the tourney.
Congrats to Johnson Central on beating a very well coached and fundamental Lawrence Co Bulldog team. Johnson Central continues to perform but man if the kid from Lawrence could pitch tonight that dominated Paintsville it would have been even a better game. But it's baseball and all about rotation. Both of these teams will play each other again for the regional championship IMO . Best to both and hope one of these win it all.
Congrats to jc. Very good play in all areas of the game. Well done.
congratulations to jchs. they earned it. deserve the credit. seemed like lawrence was way to flat for this game. looked more nervous than they were against paintsville which is really weird considering that was an elimination game. the first two guys on the mound just looked out of sync and rattled. difficulty throwing strikes. the jc pitcher struggled as well with the strike zone but lawrence couldn't capitalize with those opportunities and jc did. the little freshman lefty that lawrence brought in did a very good job. i believe he is the one that pitched the last regular season game against hazard and got the win in that one.

to be honest both teams stand a great shot at meeting one more time. the 57th is by far the best district. jchs and lchs have took turns in winning it since lawrence came in. with lawrence moving out to the 60th, hopefully that will start a new rivalry this time in the regional tourney. this move should open it up a bit and allow both jchs and paintsville to get there, and lawrence should be the favorite with belfry in the 60th.

2006: paintsville
2007: lawrence
2008: lawrence
2009: jchs
2010: jchs
2011: lawrence
2012: jchs
2013: lawrence
2014: jchs
lchsalumnus Wrote:congratulations to jchs. they earned it. deserve the credit. seemed like lawrence was way to flat for this game. looked more nervous than they were against paintsville which is really weird considering that was an elimination game. the first two guys on the mound just looked out of sync and rattled. difficulty throwing strikes. the jc pitcher struggled as well with the strike zone but lawrence couldn't capitalize with those opportunities and jc did. the little freshman lefty that lawrence brought in did a very good job. i believe he is the one that pitched the last regular season game against hazard and got the win in that one.

to be honest both teams stand a great shot at meeting one more time. the 57th is by far the best district. jchs and lchs have took turns in winning it since lawrence came in. with lawrence moving out to the 60th, hopefully that will start a new rivalry this time in the regional tourney. this move should open it up a bit and allow both jchs and paintsville to get there, and lawrence should be the favorite with belfry in the 60th.

2006: paintsville
2007: lawrence
2008: lawrence
2009: jchs
2010: jchs
2011: lawrence
2012: jchs
2013: lawrence
2014: jchs

Quite possibly the least offensive post ever by you. Thanks for taking the hint.
Commanche it would be nice if you could practice what you preach
My post are only offensive to the LC nuts who think there the only ones who know baseball. I try to be complimentary but some folks don't know how to take a compliment. See other thread for examples.

JC could have said it would have been worse if LC hadn't made some plays and they didn't run themselves out of two innings. But they have more class than that.
lawrence should be the favorite with belfry in the 60th.

Wonder what Chris Lawson thinks about this with his young Hawk team, which will be his 3rd year next year.
In response to what Commanche said:
My post are only offensive to the LC nuts who think there the only ones who know baseball. I try to be complimentary but some folks don't know how to take a compliment. See other thread for examples.
JC could have said it would have been worse if LC hadn't made some plays and they didn't run themselves out of two innings. But they have more class than that.

I have to agree with him 100%. I've thought about this all day and to me I think it all comes back to class. I have went back and read quite a few of Commanche's posts and I cannot seem to find anything negative or offensive UNLESS it's in response or defense of something that a LC faithful has said negative. Now of course I'm sure someone from LC is gonna respond back with their same broken record replies that a 3rd grader would use. "So everyone else is allowed to have an opinion, but LC people can't?". But the truth is LC people are entitled to their opinion sure. Just like everyone else. The part that LC people don't get is none on here complains about their "opinions", what we complain about is their NEGATIVITY, and inability to take a compliment without turning a congratulatory post into something negative. And then to add fuel to the fire they ALWAYS play the would've, could've, should've game and then it could've been much worse. Now I said that to say this. Look back at anything from JC, PAINTSVILLE, or another quality baseball team and see if you can find anywhere in any place to where they talk about "how much worse it could've been". I don't know why these kids even play the game if afterward we got on here and say if this play wasn't m he or that play was or wasn't made the score would've been this. I thought that's the reason the game was played and the reason the scores was what they were bc this or that did or did not happen. We could say the same thing about the LC/Pville game. If Pville would've made the plays on the bunt hits then the game would've been scoreless going into the 5th and therefore coaching and strategies may have been otherwise different and who knows what may have happened from there. But Pville didn't field them and that's why we play the games. It all comes back to regardless what kind of team LC fields no matter how great or terrible, the people of LC have no class. And therefore cannot win or lose gracefully!!! Now that is factual and truthful.
Completely Neutral Wrote:In response to what Commanche said:

I have to agree with him 100%. I've thought about this all day and to me I think it all comes back to class. I have went back and read quite a few of Commanche's posts and I cannot seem to find anything negative or offensive UNLESS it's in response or defense of something that a LC faithful has said negative. Now of course I'm sure someone from LC is gonna respond back with their same broken record replies that a 3rd grader would use. "So everyone else is allowed to have an opinion, but LC people can't?". But the truth is LC people are entitled to their opinion sure. Just like everyone else. The part that LC people don't get is none on here complains about their "opinions", what we complain about is their NEGATIVITY, and inability to take a compliment without turning a congratulatory post into something negative. And then to add fuel to the fire they ALWAYS play the would've, could've, should've game and then it could've been much worse. Now I said that to say this. Look back at anything from JC, PAINTSVILLE, or another quality baseball team and see if you can find anywhere in any place to where they talk about "how much worse it could've been". I don't know why these kids even play the game if afterward we got on here and say if this play wasn't m he or that play was or wasn't made the score would've been this. I thought that's the reason the game was played and the reason the scores was what they were bc this or that did or did not happen. We could say the same thing about the LC/Pville game. If Pville would've made the plays on the bunt hits then the game would've been scoreless going into the 5th and therefore coaching and strategies may have been otherwise different and who knows what may have happened from there. But Pville didn't field them and that's why we play the games. It all comes back to regardless what kind of team LC fields no matter how great or terrible, the people of LC have no class. And therefore cannot win or lose gracefully!!! Now that is factual and truthful.

Well since there is such a drop in talent from JC I don't think any of the teams should show up at The Regional Tourney. Thought this was what you and your Commanche was trying to say in the other thread. And you want to talk if thats Class you can keep it we don't want it. I don't see any LC fans on here crying and whining about losing to JC unlike yourself and your still crying about Paintsville losing. There is nothing wrong with losing any team can be beat on any given night. Paintsville just happened to lose the other night just like LC lost to JC. And I am sure JC will lose down the road sometime or another. I don't know when but its gonna happen sooner or later. I hope if LC doesn't win it that JC does or another team from Eastern Ky.
Well since there is such a drop in talent from JC I don't think any of the teams should show up at The Regional Tourney. Thought this was what you and your Commanche was trying to say in the other thread. And you want to talk if thats Class you can keep it we don't want it. I don't see any LC fans on here crying and whining about losing to JC unlike yourself and your still crying about Paintsville losing. There is nothing wrong with losing any team can be beat on any given night. Paintsville just happened to lose the other night just like LC lost to JC. And I am sure JC will lose down the road sometime or another. I don't know when but its gonna happen sooner or later. I hope if LC doesn't win it that JC does or another team from Eastern Ky.

We'll I can see that it's no different this time then the previous 10. You still don't get it and it's plain to see that you never will. I'll not waste my time tryin to explain it again, bc it's no use. Your like one of those characters on my kids cartoons, where something has to fall out the sky and hit them on the head, in order for them to see what's going on. In this case I'm still sure that wouldn't work either. I won't open up the conversation about the difference in test scores from all around the state and where the 2 schools in Johnson Co. rank in comparison to LC either. We can save that for another time. Just in case you don't understand, I was being sarcastic!!!
You can't fix some things!
Completely Neutral Wrote:Well since there is such a drop in talent from JC I don't think any of the teams should show up at The Regional Tourney. Thought this was what you and your Commanche was trying to say in the other thread. And you want to talk if thats Class you can keep it we don't want it. I don't see any LC fans on here crying and whining about losing to JC unlike yourself and your still crying about Paintsville losing. There is nothing wrong with losing any team can be beat on any given night. Paintsville just happened to lose the other night just like LC lost to JC. And I am sure JC will lose down the road sometime or another. I don't know when but its gonna happen sooner or later. I hope if LC doesn't win it that JC does or another team from Eastern Ky.

We'll I can see that it's no different this time then the previous 10. You still don't get it and it's plain to see that you never will. I'll not waste my time tryin to explain it again, bc it's no use. Your like one of those characters on my kids cartoons, where something has to fall out the sky and hit them on the head, in order for them to see what's going on. In this case I'm still sure that wouldn't work either. I won't open up the conversation about the difference in test scores from all around the state and where the 2 schools in Johnson Co. rank in comparison to LC either. We can save that for another time. Just in case you don't understand, I was being sarcastic!!!

talk about "class". you just indirectly called our students in lc stupid! and i have children in that school system. PUNK! i work so i don't have the time on my hands that you do to be able to go back and "research" past posts on here, but i know for a fact that i have read where jc and phs fans have stated "well if it weren't for the 4 errors" or "we couldn't throw strikes". all you have to do is think about last year's district game against sheldon clark. pretty sure there were a few comments about strikes there.

what it boils down to is that you guys don't like lawrence, and that's fine. but how dare us local lawrence countians have an opinion against one of your teams or the game itself. and if you don't believe me, look at the replies back. they usually follow something like this..."go back to the 16th"..."look at your test scores"...yeah, that shows a LOT of class....:please: it is like what my parents told me when i was young....when a person curses it is only because he/she fails to have the mental capabilities to substitute smart words for the swear words. you all can't take our opinions so instead of being smart enough to ignore what you don't like or care about, you reply with hateful words against our STUDENTS....yes....test scores are about the STUDENTS! you should feel proud.
lchsalumnus Wrote:talk about "class". you just indirectly called our students in lc stupid! and i have children in that school system. PUNK! i work so i don't have the time on my hands that you do to be able to go back and "research" past posts on here, but i know for a fact that i have read where jc and phs fans have stated "well if it weren't for the 4 errors" or "we couldn't throw strikes". all you have to do is think about last year's district game against sheldon clark. pretty sure there were a few comments about strikes there.

what it boils down to is that you guys don't like lawrence, and that's fine. but how dare us local lawrence countians have an opinion against one of your teams or the game itself. and if you don't believe me, look at the replies back. they usually follow something like this..."go back to the 16th"..."look at your test scores"...yeah, that shows a LOT of class....:please: it is like what my parents told me when i was young....when a person curses it is only because he/she fails to have the mental capabilities to substitute smart words for the swear words. you all can't take our opinions so instead of being smart enough to ignore what you don't like or care about, you reply with hateful words against our STUDENTS....yes....test scores are about the STUDENTS! you should feel proud.

lchsalumnus again you make excuses for inappropriate or inadequate behaviors for you test scores as you do for your baseball team's play . I do not like the work "class" that has been used in previous post thus, I believe a better work would to describe the behaviors would be "bush-league"(badly done or done in a way that is not effective ). Below is a few examples I have witnessed which I consider to be "Bush-league" behaviors. Please remember all teams and fans make excuses, want all the close calls, cheer for their team and want good test scores so the point of this post is all this need to be done in moderation with respect for other.
1. Making excuses for losing.
2. Expecting every close call in a game.
3. Players yell / screaming about the time the apposing pitcher get ready to pitch.
4. Making excuses for poor test schools.
5. Putting the blame of the test scores on the students.

I just reviewed the 2012-13 Department of Education Test Scores and lchsalumnus, you should be “pissed off” over the scores.
School Year State % Level
Johnson Central 2012&13 92 % Distinguished
Paintsville 2012&13 63 % Needs Improvement
Lawrence County 2012&13 36 % Needs Improvement
Do you really thank that kids in Johnson County are a 56 % or 27 % smarter than the kids at Lawrence County. They are no way that is the case but putting the responsibility no the kids is wrong. The difference should be placed on the community, teachers, parents and administration. Once you accept there is a problem then you have somewhere to start to work on solving the problem. But attacking the massagers only allows the problems to continue. How does this relater to the baseball post. Well it appears to me you do the same in your post by attacking the massagers and failing to see the problem.
Last, I want to say that Lawrence County baseball team is well coached and well respected in the 15th Region and we at JC enjoy the battles and I expect to see use play one more time this year.
Eagle84 Wrote:lchsalumnus again you make excuses for inappropriate or inadequate behaviors for you test scores as you do for your baseball team's play . I do not like the work "class" that has been used in previous post thus, I believe a better work would to describe the behaviors would be "bush-league"(badly done or done in a way that is not effective ). Below is a few examples I have witnessed which I consider to be "Bush-league" behaviors. Please remember all teams and fans make excuses, want all the close calls, cheer for their team and want good test scores so the point of this post is all this need to be done in moderation with respect for other.
1. Making excuses for losing.
2. Expecting every close call in a game.
3. Players yell / screaming about the time the apposing pitcher get ready to pitch.
4. Making excuses for poor test schools.
5. Putting the blame of the test scores on the students.

I just reviewed the 2012-13 Department of Education Test Scores and lchsalumnus, you should be “pissed off” over the scores.
School Year State % Level
Johnson Central 2012&13 92 % Distinguished
Paintsville 2012&13 63 % Needs Improvement
Lawrence County 2012&13 36 % Needs Improvement
Do you really thank that kids in Johnson County are a 56 % or 27 % smarter than the kids at Lawrence County. They are no way that is the case but putting the responsibility no the kids is wrong. The difference should be placed on the community, teachers, parents and administration. Once you accept there is a problem then you have somewhere to start to work on solving the problem. But attacking the massagers only allows the problems to continue. How does this relater to the baseball post. Well it appears to me you do the same in your post by attacking the massagers and failing to see the problem.
Last, I want to say that Lawrence County baseball team is well coached and well respected in the 15th Region and we at JC enjoy the battles and I expect to see use play one more time this year.

wow. i may not capitalize because i'm too lazy but your spelling was not too great. misspelled or misused numerous words. ouch! and you are blasting lawrence county schools? and please, everyone knows what goes on in the johnson county schools as far as testing goes. i have family that went through that school system. they told me what "testing" was like. those scores are great, too bad we know how they get that way. again, i know first hand. don't try to tell me excuses...i mean reasons...they are better. :eyeroll:

try to cover up what the poster was saying all you want. he was calling our students stupid. believe what you want.
My two cents is this... I to graduated from JC and can say with 100% certainty I received 0 help on any test. That's the most ignorant post I have read in response to the testing issue. Further more, we are loving our kids to death literally! Constructive critics is a great motivator. Rather then viewing everything as negative and responding sometimes a great deal can be accomplished by simply listening.
The grades and scores better be put ahead of baseball because that is the only thing that is going to provide a living for them.
The test scores are on the shoulders of the teachers and the parents. A student cannot answer a question correctly on a test if they are not prepared for it class. My son who is on the baseball team makes good grades which I know he works at. Most of the grades he receives are from homework assignment. Many times the lc players are doing homework to after midnight on game nights but do very little in class that's the teachers fault, most parents cannot help their child with the homework they get. So where's that leave student? Student athletes go through a lot in the course of season especially from smaller school kash is a remarkable kid if I am not mistaken he plays 3 sports at paintsville so when you think about it he has some sort of practice or game basically everyday and still keeps his grades up. So while I don't agree with lcalumnus on most things I will agree that commanche, cardsrule, and completly neutral are simply haters and your not going to change that. My son is talented, smart, and works hard to get better at both and for this bunch of never had the talent haters to get on here and post other wise shows their level of class they have NONE.
You make great points. Class should be effective and instruction should be occurring. However, I largely disagree with the statement that testing should be on the teacher and the parent. While they are huge factors, neither can require the student to truly learn the material that is presented. It is the students job to learn not memorize the content being presented. Fact of the matter is this simple, any student can learn and be successful at any school in eastern kentucky. We all know this because we all produce lawyers, doctors, etc. I believe the blunt of the blow on test scores should call on the student. However, we all have roles! Teachers should TEACH, students should learn not MEMORIZE, and parents should create standards thier children must meet or there will be consequences (lack of car, phone, girlfriend if need be).
I can see the car, the phone, the video games, but the girl come on man!! Lol.
Gotta do what ya have to do man
lchsalumnus Wrote:wow. i may not capitalize because i'm too lazy but your spelling was not too great. misspelled or misused numerous words. ouch! and you are blasting lawrence county schools? and please, everyone knows what goes on in the johnson county schools as far as testing goes. i have family that went through that school system. they told me what "testing" was like. those scores are great, too bad we know how they get that way. again, i know first hand. don't try to tell me excuses...i mean reasons...they are better. :eyeroll:

try to cover up what the poster was saying all you want. he was calling our students stupid. believe what you want.

I guess you missed the point of the post. The point of the post was to attempt to have you consider changing the way you post to accepting responsibility. I guess it must be in your DNA to make personal attacks and make excuses for you inabilities. Bush-league just as I pointed out in the previous post.
It all comes down to some Johnson Co. idiots expecting everyone to bow to them or something. And because Lawrence Co. Fans don't and actually talk back and stand up for themselves is why we are given a hard time. I got news for you idiots you haven't done anything we haven't. In Football we have been just as far, In Baseball we have a strong tradition as anyone. In Basketball we might not have won Region but we got just a good of shot as anyone. So I am not in awe of Johnson Co. or anyone in it like I've said I don't want anyone to like me because I don't like you either. All the talk about test scores being so good and the best in the area. You could fool me because what I see from Johnson Co. is stupidity. And to the post about Johnson Co. producing Doctors and Lawyers. LC has done the same I know of several that have been successful and continue to be. We even have an NFL Offensive Coordinator, several College Coaches and the list goes on. So anything Johnson Co. has done Lawrence Co. can match and most areas even better. I am for not just the kids in Lawrence Co. but all kids especially in Eastern Ky. I Love hearing when they succeed at something. If LC doesn't win Region and continues their season I really hope that JC does. If not JC I hope it is another team from Eastern Ky. I am a fan of LC but I root and cheer for Eastern Ky!
dawg fan Wrote:The test scores are on the shoulders of the teachers and the parents. A student cannot answer a question correctly on a test if they are not prepared for it class. My son who is on the baseball team makes good grades which I know he works at. Most of the grades he receives are from homework assignment. Many times the lc players are doing homework to after midnight on game nights but do very little in class that's the teachers fault, most parents cannot help their child with the homework they get. So where's that leave student? Student athletes go through a lot in the course of season especially from smaller school kash is a remarkable kid if I am not mistaken he plays 3 sports at paintsville so when you think about it he has some sort of practice or game basically everyday and still keeps his grades up. So while I don't agree with lcalumnus on most things I will agree that commanche, cardsrule, and completly neutral are simply haters and your not going to change that. My son is talented, smart, and works hard to get better at both and for this bunch of never had the talent haters to get on here and post other wise shows their level of class they have NONE.
I challenge you to find posts where I dog the kids, I am a Hater of the morons(not all LC fans) who post the excuses and show their ignorance on this site. I hope all kids get a good education but I will tell you most of the time it is the parents fault for not staying on top of it. If Feltner wasn't doing a good job you would all be calling for his head, time to do the same with educators not doing theirs. As for me and my children, we have done alright on the field and in the classroom, don't worry about us.
KyRock Wrote:It all comes down to some Johnson Co. idiots expecting everyone to bow to them or something. And because Lawrence Co. Fans don't and actually talk back and stand up for themselves is why we are given a hard time. I got news for you idiots you haven't done anything we haven't. In Football we have been just as far, In Baseball we have a strong tradition as anyone. In Basketball we might not have won Region but we got just a good of shot as anyone. So I am not in awe of Johnson Co. or anyone in it like I've said I don't want anyone to like me because I don't like you either. All the talk about test scores being so good and the best in the area. You could fool me because what I see from Johnson Co. is stupidity. And to the post about Johnson Co. producing Doctors and Lawyers. LC has done the same I know of several that have been successful and continue to be. We even have an NFL Offensive Coordinator, several College Coaches and the list goes on. So anything Johnson Co. has done Lawrence Co. can match and most areas even better. I am for not just the kids in Lawrence Co. but all kids especially in Eastern Ky. I Love hearing when they succeed at something. If LC doesn't win Region and continues their season I really hope that JC does. If not JC I hope it is another team from Eastern Ky. I am a fan of LC but I root and cheer for Eastern Ky!

Do you understand how foolish you look in your post. No one has attacked you, LC Baseball Team or the kids of LC just inappropriate and Bush-League Behaviors. Many of us in JC can remember when our school system was as poorly ranked as LC is currently or worst. It would appear to me intelligent and caring parents / school officials would want to model not attack JC / Paintsville success. That being said where does that put you KyRock?
Eagle84 Wrote:Do you understand how foolish you look in your post. No one has attacked you, LC Baseball Team or the kids of LC just inappropriate and Bush-League Behaviors. Many of us in JC can remember when our school system was as poorly ranked as LC is currently or worst. It would appear to me intelligent and caring parents / school officials would want to model not attack JC / Paintsville success. That being said where does that put you KyRock?

Well not sure if want to model after JC/Paintsville to much. Because I see reading is not one of your strong subjects. If you go back in this thread or any thread usually with JC, Paintsville and LC in it you would see it for yourself. Test scores are always or seem to always be brought up when JC/Paintsville Fans run out of things to say. All I am saying is don't try to act and talk like you are so much better than LC. Because you are not and LC can match success with just about anyone. I will tell you where it puts me you people got an opinion I have one to and just like you I will give mine also. I give respect when respect is given. Anyone wants to run their mouth I can run mine pretty good to! I will not let anyone put down LC and will stand up for LC everytime. Even in this thread all I see was congrats to JC on winning the District and playing a great game. And there is a few that couldn't thank LC for their Congrats and started on LC Fans. Thats all we hear on here how LC Fans are so bad. When if you go read it is the other way around. So if you can't read or just haven't go back up and read the comments for yourself. You will find that I am not the one that looks foolish but it is yourself and a few of the other JC/Paintsville Fans that does. I am done arguing with you ppl there is Baseball games coming up to go watch. Good Luck to All the Teams and hope everyone stays safe and has safe travels. Again I will be rooting for LC but I am a fan of every team in Eastern Ky.