Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: President Capilouto Blast Lexington Center Corporation Chairman over Rupp Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
University of Kentucky president Eli Capilouto sent a nasty letter to Lexington Center Corporation chairman Brent Rice blasting him for the lack of funding for the Rupp Arena renovation.

http://www.nationofblue.com/2014/05/pres...p-project/
Spot on. Good for prez cap. Someone forgot to dot I's and cross T's. Someone drop the ball somewhere.
If UK wants renovations so bad to Rupp, why not put the majority of the money to pay instead of relying on tax dollars and LCC.
Jarons Wrote:If UK wants renovations so bad to Rupp, why not put the majority of the money to pay instead of relying on tax dollars and LCC.

If they owned Rupp Arena then I'm sure they would be more willing to ante up. I say heck with Convention Center and build a 25,000-30,000 seat arena on campus someplace. But I doubt they will ask me for an opinion anytime soon
Jarons Wrote:If UK wants renovations so bad to Rupp, why not put the majority of the money to pay instead of relying on tax dollars and LCC.

No doubt!
This shouldn't be a tax payers problem.
Lville should have never gotten the yum either.

UK needs to forget Rupp and build a new arena on campus that's bigger and better. If that amount of money is going to be spent, then we might as well have the university pay for it with tuition money. The tuition prices go up every year anyways.
Hell, to get a basket weaving degree at UK would probably cost you 40000 and that's if you don't live on campus.