Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. 6, Paintsville 0 (57th district tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.
Lawrence flat out the better team. Congrats to the bulldogs, they earned it and were better prepared. Best vs Johnson Central
^Yes they were tonight. Executed their game plan perfectly.

Wallen threw a Gem. As well did Rice. The score is very misleading as to how well Rice threw.

LC did their home work. Out of the 9 hits they had, 2 were in the outfield grass. The other 7, were perfectly executed and placed bunts or just in the hole, where we couldn't make the play. Hats off.

Good Luck Thursday!
what a great atmosphere. great crowd. lc came out and did the small ball perfectly. but there were 3 or 4 balls hit in to the gaps of left and center field that paintsville's outfielders made heck of plays on. so i know you said the score doesn't reflect the outing by the pville pitcher, but if those fall then it could have been even worse. i believe lawrence also had two runners thrown out stealing second and had a runner thrown out at second attempting to stretch a bloop single in to a double. still a great game.
If they hadn't caught them they would fell. But, they were caught. The one to right was an error. That kid never dropss those. it was routine.
LCHSalumnus,
You may be the worst winner and/or loser I have ever seen post on this site. Never an eloquent post to the opposing team. This thread is full of compliments from the Paintsville fan base and when you post it automatically becomes infected. Sorry but I wish you were banned for you arrogance and ignorance.
LCHSalumnus,

After getting upset with your actions this morning I did a little extra research. Do you realize in the post Chandler era that LC is 3-6 against Painstville and 1-6 against Johnson Central. You might want to pay a little respect to those two programs that have owned your Dawgs during that time. Also dont get ahead of yourself on the region crown and place it on the 57th. The 59th won in 2012 and the 58th in 2013, this time of year nothing is a lock. Of course you will fare much better in the 60th.

Good luck to all teams in the region.
amen. anybody but lc. those people kill me down there. they are the rudest and most conceded people in the region. i wish they would go back to the 16th, but the 16th can stand them so were stuck with them.
I think every community thinks the opposing teams have the rudest fans ever so that is always the case lol. I heard last night that JC had the worst. The fact is that every community has it's good and bad. It was a great atmosphere last night. It was exciting and full of energy. Thanks for the effort to both teams.
Chandlers been gone 3 years and you still cant get over him. The Dawgs have sent Paintsville home for the region 2 years in a row. Winner may not come out of the 57th but if not it will the 58th.
kdrn Wrote:Chandlers been gone 3 years and you still cant get over him. The Dawgs have sent Paintsville home for the region 2 years in a row. Winner may not come out of the 57th but if not it will the 58th.

Nobody roots for Chandler more than me however some of your fans are total idiots that post on here. I was stating facts and facts only not my skewed opinion such as alumnus. No doubt 57th is stronger than the rest but it don't mean anything come tourney time.
I thought Paintsville played really well. The Paintsville Pitcher after Lawrence Co. scored 2 runs seemed to gotten rattled a bit. The best play I've seen in a long time The Turner Kid stealing home. The Ump on 1st and the clown wanna be Ump on 3rd made some horrible calls. Especially the clown on 3rd my goodness I couldn't believe the outs he called on LC at 2nd. It was clearly obvious he was against LC just like everyone else in the region. Thats the way I like it I personally don't want you to like Me because I don't like you either. I respect programs but not the idiots that get on here that are jealous and always put down Lawrence Co.. And it could have been worse if the clown either known what he was doing or wasn't against Lawrence County. Congrats Paintsville on a Great Season! For Lawrence Co. still work to do............
cardsrule Wrote:amen. anybody but lc. those people kill me down there. they are the rudest and most conceded people in the region. i wish they would go back to the 16th, but the 16th can stand them so were stuck with them.

Prime Example of Jealousy :eyeroll:
Great game last night, being a bulldog fan I will say that paintsville is the best team we have faced all year and if we played best of seven it would most likely go seven games with the winner going either way. Pville has a great group of kids that play hard. Wallen was on last night as was pville pitcher, pville just couldn't get an out on a bunt and lc capitalized on it. Hope we still play a couple times a year after we go to the 60th.

As for cardsrule deing a cards fan I can understand your lack of understanding of a program with a winning tradition such as the LAWRENCE COUNTY BULLDOGS enjoy. The hard work, dedication, and determination the players and coaches have shown over the years has led to reputation as a team to beat year in and year out we don't apologize for it we have worked hard to achieve it. ITS A DAWG FAMILY TRADITION!!!!
The above are all great examples of folks who are disoriented and the types that I spoke of initially. Soon as you lose their will be so many more excuses. What coulda woulda shoulda happened if you win and who screwed you if you didn't.
Commanche Wrote:The above are all great examples of folks who are disoriented and the types that I spoke of initially. Soon as you lose their will be so many more excuses. What coulda woulda shoulda happened if you win and who screwed you if you didn't.

so what you are saying is we, lawrence county fans, can't have opinions of what we see? everyone else can. i mean the guy said that "if" they would have field the bunts then the score would have been different. well "if" they hadn't caught 3 liners in the gaps then it could have been worse.

nice stats about shepherd. but the most important stat is that lc is 2-0 in elimination district tourney games against paintsville the past 2 seasons. that isn't a slam or negative comment towards paintsville either. you put the stats out there first. paintsville has some really nice looking young athletes. but guess what. so does lawrence. they start four sophomores and have only 2 seniors.
I would politely ask that you read any of a number of comments you make on various post. Everything has an excuse! Never see any complimentary post from you.

The thread was very complimentary and congratulatory by the Painstville faithful and you go spewing it should have been worse. I talked to someone who was there and they remembered no screaming liners. However we did have a good laugh at lunch about how you(not LC) can never even win graciously much less lose graciously. Thanks for proving us right.
It was a great game. Paintsville and lc pitcher pitched great. Yeah the bunts were well placed and lc executed well. Paintsville had chances but couldn't put hits together. The officiating was good. Some calls could or do go either way. Over the game was well played and well managed.
Commanche Wrote:The above are all great examples of folks who are disoriented and the types that I spoke of initially. Soon as you lose their will be so many more excuses. What coulda woulda shoulda happened if you win and who screwed you if you didn't.

No I am not the example you mentioned so you may want to back up. If the umps had tried to screw Paintsville I would have said the same thing. As I would for any team that get bad calls. Thats what Irks me big time is Umpires or Referees knowing it looks obvious they are against a team and still continue to make bad calls after bad calls. Same thing with Basketball I never seen so many bad calls and I am saying this not just for LC. But I have seen some bad calls both ways in All of Sports it just seems to me more against LC. I will ask again where do they find these idiots? The Ump on 3rd couldn't quit chatting with Paintsville Coaches long enough to make a call and when he did it was wrong. I don't know if He was flirting and trying to get a date or what. He was pretty Buddy Buddy :eyeroll: Luckily the calls didn't have an effect on the game last night but it could have. Paintsville is a Great Team and Program and when you play the Great Teams like Paintsville or JC. I think the best possible Umps that are not going to be biased should be there. We all are humans and I know there is going to be a bad call every now and then. But to do it call after call that then is obvious. I'm just going to start taking pictures or some video and then report crap Umps like last night.
Commanche Wrote:I would politely ask that you read any of a number of comments you make on various post. Everything has an excuse! Never see any complimentary post from you.

The thread was very complimentary and congratulatory by the Painstville faithful and you go spewing it should have been worse. I talked to someone who was there and they remembered no screaming liners. However we did have a good laugh at lunch about how you(not LC) can never even win graciously much less lose graciously. Thanks for proving us right.

And Ppl like you are perfect examples of why Eastern Ky is looked down on from everybody. And even rightly so that either you can't read or just plain stupid. I read plenty of complimentary posts to Paintsville and what a great program and the same for JC. What more do you want?
Commanche Wrote:I would politely ask that you read any of a number of comments you make on various post. Everything has an excuse! Never see any complimentary post from you.

are you serious? don't remember the liners? lc's #4 hitter smoked a ball in left center that the pville LF had to dive for. then the #6 or 7 hitter hit a ball in front of the left center wall that the cf made a running catch on. then there was another one that the cf went in to the gap and made another really nice catch. i saw them, maybe you were too busy making your own excuses for not seeing them? Confusednicker:

i am complimentary. how many times do i have to say pville has a very nice club? you keep harping on my comment about a homer by boyd county that was blown out of the park by 20mph winds. you act as if that is an excuse. that's just saying wind HELPED. it's true. every hit a ball with or against the wind in anything? golf? baseball? football? tennis? it does effect the ball.

lawrence may not win the district. they may not win the region. jc is deserving of being the favorite right now. but i think lawrence has as good a chance as any team. it will all depend on the draw. if lawrence is able to hold their #1 until the semifinals then they could win the 15th.
golfer30 Wrote:It was a great game. Paintsville and lc pitcher pitched great. Yeah the bunts were well placed and lc executed well. Paintsville had chances but couldn't put hits together. The officiating was good. Some calls could or do go either way. Over the game was well played and well managed.

I agreed with everything up to the officiating part and calls that could go either way. I got a question for you how can someone slide into second base, get tagged in the back and it called Out? And that was just one of the many blown calls. One of the only calss he got right at second was the last out and you could tell then he didn't want to call it. Are you the one the Clown was flirting with?

LC didn't need any screaming liners they did all the damage they needed to with a bunt! :biglmao:
Copy me one post in its entirety that is not derisive. If you would read I did not say I was at the game. I still have never seen wind used as an excuse on here before. Still a classic to me. I retread the two post before yours and both were nothing but complimentary to LC, then you mess it all up.

Not sure you are capable of understanding my point.
lchsalumnus Wrote:so what you are saying is we, lawrence county fans, can't have opinions of what we see? everyone else can. i mean the guy said that "if" they would have field the bunts then the score would have been different. well "if" they hadn't caught 3 liners in the gaps then it could have been worse.

nice stats about shepherd. but the most important stat is that lc is 2-0 in elimination district tourney games against paintsville the past 2 seasons. that isn't a slam or negative comment towards paintsville either. you put the stats out there first. paintsville has some really nice looking young athletes. but guess what. so does lawrence. they start four sophomores and have only 2 seniors.

SHOW ME WHERE I SAID..."IF" WE WOULD HAVE FIELDED THE BUNTS. I said they were perfectly executed.
OffTheHook Wrote:SHOW ME WHERE I SAID..."IF" WE WOULD HAVE FIELDED THE BUNTS. I said they were perfectly executed.

"score was misleading"....maybe I'm wrong here, but i took that as saying the "if we..." statements. you followed that up by talking about how only 2 hits made the outfield grass.

if i'm wrong, i apologize. seemed like a "we should've" or "could've" posts. don't think i don't respect paintsville. heck of a team. i even said a couple of times how the outfielders made heck of catches last night.

one question about paintsville's facilities. i'm guessing that is a city park? are there any plans to fix it up a bit? maybe add bleachers or something like that?
As you can see by my # of posts, posting is something I rarely do. However, I do read from this site almost daily. As a fan of Lawrence Co. sports, I want to say to TigerBlues, Off the Hook and Commanche, thank you for your congratulatory remarks. This game last night was much much closer than a 6-0 score. Both teams played well, both pitchers threw very well. The difference in this game was bunt execution and I'm not sure it was a lack of bunt defense execution. The only bunt, in my opinion, that a play should have been made on was the bunt to load that bases in the third inning. Rice did freeze a little on LC's mistake of proper execution on a squeeze with the runner breaking WAY too early, allowing the runner to steal home. Make the one bunt play and execute properly on the squeeze and this is 1-0 after 2 1/2 innings. Then Lawrence plays a little tighter and who knows what might have happened. I think these two teams are about as even as two teams can be but I believe that Paintsville is actually more athletic. Last night just happened to be LC's night. Paintsville's future is bright as they have a load of young talent. Good luck to the Tigers in the future seasons.
As for crowning a champion in the regional tournament. I don't think you can even name a favorite until after we see the draw. There is not any one team that you can say should/could be heavily favored without a little luck. The draw is the key so I'll reserve my predictions until Saturday night.
lchsalumnus Wrote:"score was misleading"....maybe I'm wrong here, but i took that as saying the "if we..." statements. you followed that up by talking about how only 2 hits made the outfield grass.

if i'm wrong, i apologize. seemed like a "we should've" or "could've" posts. don't think i don't respect paintsville. heck of a team. i even said a couple of timeos how the outfielders made heck of catches last night.

one question about paintsville's facilities. i'm guessing that is a city park? are there any plans to fix it up a bit? maybe add bleachers or something like that?

I NEVER said we should have or we could have. I said LC execute perfectly. NO EXCUSES here. WE DIDN'T PREVENT! LC deserves the win. There os NO excuse fore how we played. Plain and as simple as that.. We had our chances. If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass on the ground. NO EXCUSES!
Anybody who faces Jake will have a difficult time beating Pikeville. I like the 57th unless the runner up faces him first. Also Mac Justice can do the same. Gonna be fun.
Pages: 1 2 3