Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eric Ratliff as SV new coach---Thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is your thoughts on this hire. Who will be his assistants?
Practice start tomorrow why don’t you go watch and see what you think!!!I think he will do a good job; our community needs to give him 100% support. With all the talent they should have, Shelby Valley should be a very good football program for the next few years.My only concerns is the line, we lost some good senior lineman and the we be hard to replace.
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Practice start tomorrow why don’t you go watch and see what you think!!!I think he will do a good job; our community needs to give him 100% support. With all the talent they should have, Shelby Valley should be a very good football program for the next few years.My only concerns is the line, we lost some good senior lineman and the we be hard to replace.

I heard he was handing the defense over to you sv02.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:I heard he was handing the defense over to you sv02.

HAHA—only if you run the offense
David Osborne is going to be the O Coordinator from what I have been hearing.

I think I get what you are getting at. Defense definitely needs improving.

shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Practice start tomorrow why don’t you go watch and see what you think!!!I think he will do a good job; our community needs to give him 100% support. With all the talent they should have, Shelby Valley should be a very good football program for the next few years.My only concerns is the line, we lost some good senior lineman and the we be hard to replace.

I'll be there and we can discuss this then. My post was only to get others predictions and thoughts,not to get a third grade opening reply.
If they will turn the line over to Coach Mihalik and let him teach them "modern" line techniques(i.e. hand placement, proper foot movement, proper spacing) instead of the 70's era techniques they have been taught since they were kids, the line will be fine. They need more time devoted to one on one "trench warfare" in practice and less time devoted to trying to make them skill players.
Mjolnir Wrote:I'll be there and we can discuss this then. My post was only to get others predictions and thoughts,not to get a third grade opening reply.

Hey man wasn’t bashing you, just saying come out and gets your own thoughts on the program. No reason for a smart remark!!! SMH
East ridge running back Feilds to valley. Heard it here first folks.
Rumors of East Ridge assistant Keith May heading to Valley with Ratliff.
Deebo Wrote:Rumors of East Ridge assistant Keith May heading to Valley with Ratliff.

though May was at PC?
cuppett777 Wrote:though May was at PC?

You're confused with another one. This one is a lot younger. He played for Ratliff at ER in 2006. I don't see this happening.
Real Badman Wrote:You're confused with another one. This one is a lot younger. He played for Ratliff at ER in 2006. I don't see this happening.

ok, well I know it said Keith May,just thought it was the older one...
Mjolnir Wrote:I'll be there and we can discuss this then. My post was only to get others predictions and thoughts,not to get a third grade opening reply.

Don’t worry I am sure you will be their doing nothing on the sidelines as usual wearing your visor. HAHA
I think he will be fine. As a new head coach I agree with other posters about the head coach has changed several times over the last few years but has kept the same asst coaches. The asst coaches need to be as accountable as the head coach. A good head coach and team is only as good as the asst coaches. They do most of the one on one instruction and teaching. The administration, players, parents and community need to get behind the new coach and do everything they can to support the program. Also this is AA school and need to have more support from the boys at the school. The Adm needs to do things to make the football players feal special and keep a high level of school spirit. The next 2 years should be very exciting for Sv football. If they will ever have a chance to win District it is now and I hope they do.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:I think he will be fine. As a new head coach I agree with other posters about the head coach has changed several times over the last few years but has kept the same asst coaches. The asst coaches need to be as accountable as the head coach. A good head coach and team is only as good as the asst coaches. They do most of the one on one instruction and teaching. The administration, players, parents and community need to get behind the new coach and do everything they can to support the program. Also this is AA school and need to have more support from the boys at the school. The Adm needs to do things to make the football players feal special and keep a high level of school spirit. The next 2 years should be very exciting for Sv football. If they will ever have a chance to win District it is now and I hope they do.

I agree they need more players to come out for football. The point about assistants is also a good one. No coach should feel that he has to keep current assistants or players might not like it or it may cause other problems for him(ex assistants would always have coached the game differently) Good Luck Coach Ratliff.
Eric Ratliff will do a very good job, he is knowledgeable and the kids will enjoy playing for him.
Best of luck to the Shelby Valley Wildcats, No need to worry the New coach will do fine but only as long as he listens to principal Napier and "BFD". If he listens they will have no problem but the moment he disagrees with them it could be back to ER for ER. Best of Luck
Not sure how they will do but they sure seem to change coaches a lot.. Who or what is "BFD"?

Don't matter about luck, SV is a terrible team and they will continue to be terrible.
hardcore1 Wrote:Best of luck to the Shelby Valley Wildcats, No need to worry the New coach will do fine but only as long as he listens to principal Napier and "BFD". If he listens they will have no problem but the moment he disagrees with them it could be back to ER for ER. Best of Luck

Sounds like you have or had a bad experience with principal. Prior posts show this as well. Could you have assisted him at one time in his past coaching stints? Or is this just negative feelings towards authoritive people. You wish them luck then go negative. I also would like to know who BFD is? I'm betting you don't mean "best friend"!!!!!
They let go probably the best offensive coaches in EKY. There is only one way to go <
Mjolnir Wrote:Sounds like you have or had a bad experience with principal. Prior posts show this as well. Could you have assisted him at one time in his past coaching stints? Or is this just negative feelings towards authoritive people. You wish them luck then go negative. I also would like to know who BFD is? I'm betting you don't mean "best friend"!!!!!

Why is it ill will to speak what others fail to believe at the truth. I do wish all kids and coaches the best of luck. A new coach can be an exciting and trying time in the same sense. I have never worked for Mr. Napier but I know Pike Co. politics and to say I am inaccurate is to be unwilling to see the whole picture. I spoke what I believe and think is true about the situation. When things are done because of political favors and such, history tends to lean toward it not ending well.
As far as "BFD", anyone that is close to the Shelby Valley family will know exactly who this is and will know that his influence can be and will be great as it pertains to this hire.
I once again wish the new coaches and players the best of luck on the upcoming season. This may have been the best move for ALL parties involved and only time will tell.
Hope hardcore1 is right and this is best for all parties involved especially the kids. I am however trying to figure out who this influential BFD person is.
SV will have a stable of stud's in the backfield this season. Hopefully, the Valley faithful will rally with this group and support the team.
Well you heard it here first. Ran into BFD at the long john silver today and it has started. While eating his favorite triple fish platter with extra sauve and 18 hush puppies I was informed he was not happy about the fact his son was not getting enough touches in practice. He was worried that his son who is splitting time between basketball and footbal might be the reason for his lack of reps in practice. He felt his son deserved more "love" than he was getting. Mark it down the wins had better come or at leasr BFD better be satisfied or it could be a long season for the new coach.
18 hush puppies? Is that possible? I had a buddy that ate ten of them at one time and we had to take him to get an EKG... He started having an irregular heart beat. You might want to tell your buddy "BFD" to slow down on the sauce and puppies.
I think this will be a good hire for
SV. After the last coach I feel this program
has taken a few Stepps back!!!!!!
Well what is the word in Robinson Creek? Who ran practice while the new HC was on vacation last week. How is the staff shaping up? I have not talk to BFD but I am sure he will give me the scoop soon.
Coach Ratliff will do a great job, I think they beat Betsy Lane this year and play Prestonsburg close.