Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Plane that crashes in New York was registered to Cory Lidle...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been watching some news coverage about this today. Very scary, and yet still amazing that it can happen.
Now the TV is saying the pilot sent a mayday before going into the building. I thought the air traffic controllers were not supposed to let planes that close to the city.
Now there saying it may be New York Yankee's pitcher Cory Liddle. So sad.
Batpuff Wrote:Now there saying it may be New York Yankee's pitcher Cory Liddle. So sad.

That's what I am hearing right now as well. Truly sad. He was 34 years old.

4 are dead as a result of the crash.
Yepp it said breaking news on ESPN that Corey Lidle was killed in this crash. Terrible that this happened
Yeah they're saying he was the only person in it now. His passport was found on the street below the wreckage.

Awful news for such a great talent to be cut down in his prime like this.
Batpuff Wrote:Now there saying it may be New York Yankee's pitcher Cory Liddle. So sad.

He'll always be a Red imo.
Man I really hate to hear this. Thats sad news.
Very sad...
here's a link from CBS about the story
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9721382
Why was this thread closed? We were talking about a plane crash before we even knew who was in it. It even has more discussion in it than the other thread.
I merged them together. Hope nobody minds.
This is awful to hear ! My Prayers are out to his family !

the hustler

Really puts things into perspective when stuff like this happens. It doesn't matter now who won or lst, who played well and who didn't, but that we all can get too wrapped into sports.