Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 4A Final Draft Alignment 2015-2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Region 1

District 1- Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Madisonville North Hopkinsville
District 2- Allen County Scottsville, Franklin Simpson, South Warren, Warren Central, Warren East

Region 2

District 3- Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Valley, Western
District 4- Collins, Franklin County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County

Region 3

District 5- East Jessamine, Marion County, Mercer County, Taylor County, West Jessamine
District 6- Clay County, Knox Central, Rockcastle County, Russell County, Wayne County

Region 4

District 7- Bourbon County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County, Scott
District 8- Ashland, Boyd County, East Carter, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

Thoughts?
Collins and John Hardin. Thats all I see.
^
4A definitely took a hit to the star power.
The John Hardin/Collins Region 2 Final should be fun year in, year out.
FBfan4life Wrote:Collins and John Hardin. Thats all I see.

My guess is that game will decided the champion in most years. Mercer could possibly make some noise. Wayne has it set up to make a run to the title year in and year out.
I expect Franklin County/Collins to be a fun district game each year. There will be a ton of speed and athleticism on the field when those two teams meet.
Johnson Central and Ashland should have very good shots at making it to state finally.
I think this will make 4a the best. You really have no major powerhouse teams. Just about any team in 4a has a good shot at winning a title for the next 3 years. I like it a lot.
panther nation Wrote:I think this will make 4a the best. You really have no major powerhouse teams. Just about any team in 4a has a good shot at winning a title for the next 3 years. I like it a lot.

There is still a very clear hierarchy of teams. It's just you don't have that one dominant program that Highlands was.

As I look at it right now:

Tier 1:
Collins
John Hardin
Warren Central
Johnson Central
Franklin County
Ashland

Tier 2:
Bourbon County
Warren East
Mercer Co
Russell County
Knox Central
Wayne County

Tier 3:
Madisonville
South Warren
ACS
FS
North Oldham
Mason County
Rockcastle County
Scott

Tier 4:
Everyone Else

My prediction is that the 4 Titles awarded come out of Tier 1...and all the State Finals participants over the 4 years come mainly from Tier 1 or Tier 2. Tier 3 may make a playoff push to the Regional Finals or Semi's...
^
I can and do agree with your assessment. I think you are right, but what I meant is your not going to see the same 3-4 teams every year in the finales. It opens it up a little more.
Everyone is ecstatic Highlands is no longer in this class. Maybe someone else can dominate this Class with the Bluebirds now dominating 5A
Can't really speak on the eastern side but the western side looks to be loaded with some really good teams. I think we will see a lot of JH, WC, and Collins matchups along with Franklin Simpson in there as well to determine who goes to the title game.
Franklin County. My apologies.
bac2369 Wrote:Johnson Central and Ashland should have very good shots at making it to state finally.

If you can't beat them, dodge them.
Truth Wrote:If you can't beat them, dodge them.

To be honest, JC fans are the ones who could be saying Highlands is the one dodging.

JC and Ashland are playing in the class there SUPPOSE to.
Highlands and Cov Cath are not.
I sure am glad cov cath and highlands are going two 5 a ,
I wish we could of of finally got over the hump and beat highlands but o well
eagles2011 Wrote:I sure am glad cov cath and highlands are going two 5 a ,
I wish we could of of finally got over the hump and beat highlands but o well

Wishful thinking on beating FT Highlands and/ or Cov Cath. Just be glad that those teams, along with Boyle Co. and Lex Catholic are gone. Now JC just have to deal with Collins or John Hardin.
Be interesting for sure, not sure how the flyers will fare in the new district I believe they lost a bit. As well as losing a coach that called the offensive plays last few years.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be honest, JC fans are the ones who could be saying Highlands is the one dodging.

JC and Ashland are playing in the class there SUPPOSE to.
Highlands and Cov Cath are not.
That's pretty funny right there.