Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Tournament Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is everyones predictions on the 14th region Tournament?
It's wide open. Six teams that could possibly win it, 3 others that could play spoiler in the dist or opening rd of the regional tournament.

1. Powell Co. - hottest team in the region, tons of experience
2. Hazard - pitching, pitching, pitching
3. Estill Co. - tons of experience, #1 seed in 56th
4. Knott Cent. - #1 seed in dist., will have Chance for the finals should come out a dist winner
5. Perry Cent. - 2nd hottest team in the region right now
6. Letcher Cent. - tons of experience, up and down all year

7. Cordia - could knock off LCC in dist.
8. Jackson - #1 seed in 55th, already in the regional tournament. Capable of knocking off anyone in the first round.
9. Lee Co. - play Powell Co. in the first round of the dist. tournament.
10. Buckhorn - long shot to upset PCC w/ Stidham on the hill
11. Breathitt Co. / Wolfe Co. winner will be in the regional tournament.
Rawlings fan said what I was gonna say LOL.

Powell County has turned it on as of late while Estill County has taken a step back. Something that the Engineers faithful should be concerned about, the past two times that Estill has hosted districts, Powell County has won it. Another thing, just because your 6-0 doesn't mean that your automatically district champs, we found that out in basketball.

Not a shot to anyone just something the Engineer faithful should be concerned about.

What was the Powell/Lee County score from May 1 or did it get played?
I am going out on a limb and predict Letcher Central. They will win the district and then region. Playing one of the toughest schedules year end and year out will produce another successful post season.
As long as Dean is at LCC I will pick them.
Its going to be a fun regional tournament. Wide open.
The 14th Region Tournament is looking to me as a 3 team race with LCC, Estill and Hazard. Each of these teams has played much tougher schedule than any of the others. Powell has a good club but hasn't played their usual tough schedule and few we're ranked. Another thing at this point of season lots of districts have already been decided and teams are beginning to rest starters to prepare for district tournaments and regionals. So don't be surprised with what we may think are upsets because of fact. Good Luck to all teams in the 14th region and to all others, "It's time for post season play"!
I think its a close race between Powell, Estill and LCC. But I think Powell still had a tough schedule this year. maybe not as tough as the 2012 Regional Champions team but it wasnt a walk in the park for Powell this year. They played North Buncombe which at the time was ranked 13th in the nation. Then they played Woodford, Boyle, Johnson central, Lawrence, Paul Lawrence Dunbar, Montgomery, and Garrard twice. Anxious to see the outcome of the 14th. Goodluck to all the teams.
53rd - Letcher over Knott
54th - Hazard over Perry
55th - Jackson City over Wolfe
56th - Powell over Estill

Hazard over Powell in 14th Region Championship at The Horn
The way I see it... I think it'll be Letcher Central over Estill in the Championship game. But it wouldn't surprise me to see Hazard finally get over the bump and when a region. Seems like they're the favorite going in every year but just don't know how to win when it really counts. LCC has 8 seniors who have a multitude of experience and talent. With Hall on the hill, they're the best team in the region and I don't think it's even close. However, there are three games in regional tournaments and I think that could be where LCC runs into problems. Hazard has the depth to make a run. Also, Estill with Tuttle on the bump is also hard to beat. He proved he could pitch under pressure last year against LCC.

It's gonna be a fun regional tournament because it is literally wide-open. Nothing will surprise me. Knott could even make a run with Chance throwing. Perry is very young but is capable of knocking anyone off as well. Can never count Powell out either but I don't think they have the arms to do it.
Kcc has a chance only if Chance is pitching. They are not playing well right now. When you only have one pitcher that can bring home the wins in tough situations it is hard to win a regional title. Kcc needs to recruit more baseball players like they do basketball players.
If there's one thing I've learned about 14th region baseball, it's to never count out a Bobby Keith coached team. The man can flat out coach!
Teams that have advanced to the region tournament

53rd: None Yet
54th: Hazard, Perry Central
55th: Jackson City, Wolfe County
56th: Estill County, Powell County
I heard tonight while listening to the Estill/Powell game on the radio that Buckhorn's superintendent has said that if school is in session Monday (which it will be) that he does not want to have a full day of baseball. More than likely it will be a split session. 2 games on Monday and 2 on Tuesday.
Winners
53rd - Knott County Central
54th - Hazard
55th - Jackson City
56th - Estill County

Losers
53rd - Letcher County Central
54th - Perry County Central
55th - Wolfe County
56th - Powell County
When is the draw for the 14th region?
I was told draw would be held sun.
Strikeout King Wrote:I heard tonight while listening to the Estill/Powell game on the radio that Buckhorn's superintendent has said that if school is in session Monday (which it will be) that he does not want to have a full day of baseball. More than likely it will be a split session. 2 games on Monday and 2 on Tuesday.

Long range weather forecast says Monday will be hot and sunny and thunderstorms will start Tuesday and last all week, but we all know how long range weather forecasts are...
Sunday at 1 PM is the drawing.
I was informed that the meeting has been changed to tomorrow at 11 AM
SK - any updates on meeting/draw?
LCC-Jackson City
Powell-Hazard

KCC-Wolfe
Estill-Perry
Anybody have game times?
Looks like Hazard/Powell will be the best first round.
Game dates & times?
Monday May 26 5:30 PM Estill County vs. Perry County Central
Monday May 26 8:00 PM Hazard vs. Powell County

Don't know the other two dates and times.
Apparently since Perry is in school the Perry County Superintendent wouldn't let games be played while school was in session. Because of this they will be playing games at both Buckhorn and Perry Central tomorrow. The top bracket will be played at Buckhorn with LCC/Jackson City playing at 5:30 and Hazard/Powell playing after the first game around 8. The bottom bracket will be played at PCC with Estill/PCC playing a 5:30 and Knott/Wolfe playing the late game. The semis will Tuesday and the finals are Wednesday both at Buckhorn. I believe that is how it was explained to me.
Winner of powell and hazard wins region
Who ever still has pitching in the end is gonna come way with it
"Not so fast" with the Hazard or Powell prediction, Powell is out as we all know, Hazard still hasn't proved they can win the big game, until that happens don't ever count out LCC or Estill
Pages: 1 2