Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryan Whitaker named Powell County head coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@awireman: Good source: UPIKE grad assistant Ryan Whitaker has accepted the head coaching job at Powell County HS

Kind of a little shock to me. I think he is well deserved, I thought it was someone else's job. Congratulations and welcome.
Congrats to Ryan... He's a good friend of mine and a great young coach.
Will do a great job!
Congrats to Ryan Whitaker. :worthy:
Is he the son of former Bell Co coach Ed Whitaker? Ed was a heck of a coach.
Dont waste to much time there.
Powell County has done well here. Yes he is the son of Ed Whitaker. Not many guys have the resume that Ryan does at this age unless they are going in the college ranks. He played and graduated at Bell county. Went on to play at LMU but wanted to get back closer to his dad and brother so he transferred to Pikeville and was on the national championship team. After he graduated he joined the staff as a GA and head JV coach. Ryan is really excited, he feels like he is getting full support in every angle from the kids to the administration doing all they can to bring in a staff he wants. Only a matter of time before this program sees results.
Who will be his assistants does anyone know?
1-3-1-press Wrote:Who will be his assistants does anyone know?

He has contacted who he wants and they are currently working on the details. It will probably around the middle of June before anything is official. Powell doesn't get out of school until june 6th that will give them time to get everything worked out and finalized.
Good hire IMO. Coaching runs in his family and had a great career at pikeville
Congrats, very good guy.