Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be Rookie of the year in the NFL???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Theres some good ones in the league and they are starting to come around !
Right now it has to be Reggie Bush.
I know it won't happen, but maybe he'll get the defensive ROY. My vote would be for Haloti Ngata of Baltimore.
Id have to go with Matt Lienart from the Cardinals. He looked really focused againist the Chiefs and should have some better game as the year goes on. Then Reggie Bush is a very close 2nd. The most underrated Rook is the Maroney kid out of New England, hes putting up some big numbers for the Pats and isnt getting as much publicity as the other two. But Lienart is my pick for now, subject to change tho..lol
Too early in the season to call........... but, as of right now, it's gotta go to Bush
As of right now you all are saying Bush. Your NUTS he only has 1 TD. Marony of NE had 2 in 1 game against Cincinnati. He is the leading rusher and all stats for rookies. So MARONY of New England.
Jay Cutler, if he gets the chance to play!
Bush by far, at leat as of right now.
I think Laurence Maroney he is doing good for the Patriots.
bush will win but not because of skill or stats. just like lebron james won in basketball and dwayne wade(without shaq) and carmello both took there teams to the playoffs as a rookie.
football17 Wrote:As of right now you all are saying Bush. Your NUTS he only has 1 TD. Marony of NE had 2 in 1 game against Cincinnati. He is the leading rusher and all stats for rookies. So MARONY of New England.

Look at Maroney's line and supporting cast...... It's easy to do good when you have an amazing line and supporting cast. Carr has decent numbers, but I think the only good receiver to throw to is Andre Johnson (other than when Bush lines up at receiver)
I'm going with bush even if he doesn't have the stats at the end of the year he is creating plays for the rest of team by being on the feild. The other team is so busy making sure Bush doesn't break away they leave other people open when their game was on last week they faked a pitch to Bush and the whole defense bit on it and allowed the fullback to gain 10+ yards just because Bush was on the feild
BFritz Wrote:Carr has decent numbers, but I think the only good receiver to throw to is Andre Johnson (other than when Bush lines up at receiver)

Bush doesn't play for the Texans Fritz.
alfus21 Wrote:Bush doesn't play for the Texans Fritz.

Wasn't thinking straight
:rockon:
warrior20 Wrote:I think Laurence Maroney he is doing good for the Patriots.
:rockon:
Will they win their division?:letsparty

the hustler

Bush is the ROY now and will be at the end of the year, besides Maroney he is the only player regularly contributing to his team and he is such a running and receiving threat. Maroney is second though
the hustler Wrote:Bush is the ROY now and will be at the end of the year, besides Maroney he is the only player regularly contributing to his team and he is such a running and receiving threat. Maroney is second though
bush plays behind mcallister just like maroney plays behind dillon.
t-cat50 Wrote:bush plays behind mcallister just like maroney plays behind dillon.
I think it's two different situations because Bush plays halfback, but he plays sort of a different kind of halfback, and he plays receiver (usually slotback) more than halfback, and a lot of times, when he plays halfback, he's coming out of the backfield to catch balls. Plus he's a dangerous punt returner

Then again, it depends on if Leinart plays to form and keeps having big games like he did in week 5
Fritz its a tossup right now is what your trying to say,,,and i agree
t-cat50 Wrote:bush will win but not because of skill or stats. just like lebron james won in basketball and dwayne wade(without shaq) and carmello both took there teams to the playoffs as a rookie.
Amen to that.
Reggie Bush....no questions asked...look at the Saints record.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Reggie Bush....no questions asked...look at the Saints record.

Its not Reggie Bush....its Drew Brees, thats why the saints are 5-1...Bush isnt even the most productive rookie on his OWN TEAM!! that my friends, goes to Marques Colston....7th round pick out of Hofstra......
corndog23 Wrote:Its not Reggie Bush....its Drew Brees, thats why the saints are 5-1...Bush isnt even the most productive rookie on his OWN TEAM!! that my friends, goes to Marques Colston....7th round pick out of Hofstra......

Bush is more explosive and has punt returns, Colston might have better numbers, but I'd say Bush would get it over Colston just because of exposure and expectation. It's not fair, nor is it right, but I'd say it will happen. Who knows, though, I might be completely wrong
Did anyone see the stats Matt Linert put up against the #1 Defense in the NFL! (Chicago Bears)
BFritz Wrote:Bush is more explosive and has punt returns, Colston might have better numbers, but I'd say Bush would get it over Colston just because of exposure and expectation. It's not fair, nor is it right, but I'd say it will happen. Who knows, though, I might be completely wrong
bush is probably one of the most explosive player in the nfl but that not going to get him far
IMHO the biggest impact rookie is Marques Colston! no way around it.....He doesnt get the acknowledgement he deserves, simply because he is on Reggie Bush's team, and its really not fair.
im going with leinhart because he has looked great and i think his year is going to get better....im not even going to try to spell his last name...lol... but if bruce keeps playing the way he does for the bucs he might take rookie of the year.
braves_fan_10 Wrote:im going with leinhart because he has looked great and i think his year is going to get better....im not even going to try to spell his last name...lol... but if bruce keeps playing the way he does for the bucs he might take rookie of the year.

I think he has the most potential to win it just because Edge James is trying to get more carries and produce more, so that will open things up to throw the ball to Boldin and Fitzgerald (when he returns) and Pope