Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Redistricting proposal: 44th District
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all this redistricting that has gone on in the last few years, let me bring up a point. Why are Madison Co., or the 44th district for say move South and out of the 11th Region. Before you all say anything you will say Madison Central. Ok, and I agree. But if you really think about it that is the only dominant team. Madison Southern goes through spells of having decent team, but they are no better in other sports than most team south of Richmond. Look back at all the scores the last 20 years, I would say Madison Southern is maybe .500 against those teams maybe better against some but under .500 in several sports including Basketball, Football, Baseball, Track, Soccer, ANY OF IT. Yes, Madison Central is an 11th Region power is basketball, and solid in football, baseball, and most other sports. Not to mention you add 2 Class A schools in Berea and Model, to go along with Somerset, Lynn Camp, Pineville, Red Bird, OBI and so on. Teams are having to travel all over hell's half acre for football. It just makes it easier. I know South of Berea you guys are probably like HELL NO. It's really 1 power school and 3 teams who are like the rest of south of Lexington.

My thought is also this, East and West Jessamine aren't in the 11th but they are closer to Lexington than anybody in the 44th district, closer than many 11th Region teams but they keep packing it in. Its a tough call for most I know.

I just think this whole alignment thing is NUTS, when geographically speaking its the same trip south as it is north for the 44th, and would benefit a lot of people and schools if this happened. Nobody likes 1 dominant school all the time, and I think the gap between others and that 1 school would close at a pretty quick rate.
If that district ever moved South, it would be to the 12th region.
In return, one of the 12th region districts, probably they Boyle district, would have to moved to the 11th.

Never gonna happen.
Why would anyone south of Berea be concerned about Madison Southern coming in to the region or Madison Central for that matter. I can't imagine anyone fearing either of those teams. In fact you say they are like most south of Lexington. With the exception of an occasional good team every 5th year, Lexington isn't the mecca of sports.

I'd gladly trade Harlan County (simply for travel purposes) and Clay County (for reasons not related to strength) for Madison Southern and Central.
I can't find a redistricting proposal here.
Anyone can say move this team or that team. Where are you moving them to and who replaces them in that region?
If you don't have specifics you don't have anything.
Commissioner Tackett said not too long ago, maybe last week or two weeks ago that their would be NO redistricting basketball.

For the comment about Madison Central and Southern not being that good, that was a joke. Sorry if I offend anyone but it is. Their is no way that a regional powerhouse that just won the state championship isn't that good. I would love to see Harlan County and Clay go up against the teams in the 11th region..
Where did Tackett say that? I hadn't read anything.
I don't think anyone from Harlan County or Clay County said anything about the 11th Region being weak.
HDE Wrote:Where did Tackett say that? I hadn't read anything.
I don't think anyone from Harlan County or Clay County said anything about the 11th Region being weak.

He said he had no plans to redistrict the current basketball alignment. I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere.

Read post #3
Yeah, that was someone from North talking. You made it sounds like Clay County and Harlan County thought the 11th was weak.
Strikeout King Wrote:Commissioner Tackett said not too long ago, maybe last week or two weeks ago that their would be NO redistricting basketball.

For the comment about Madison Central and Southern not being that good, that was a joke. Sorry if I offend anyone but it is. Their is no way that a regional powerhouse that just won the state championship isn't that good. I would love to see Harlan County and Clay go up against the teams in the 11th region..

I did say Central was a power, but to say Madison Southern is is a joke. They are no better than teams in the 12th.
I don't think any one is saying that they are horrible or WEAK... I would agree that no one in the 12th or 13th would be afraid of the overall athletic programs of southern or even central. They are good teams through out each of those schools but I think overall they aren't much different year in and year out as many of 12th/13th region teams. I would say that the peak of especially central is higher than most of our teams but that would be few and far in between.
Thanks olred for understanding what I thought was a pretty clear statement. Because I said no one would be "concerned" or "fear" Madison Central or Madison Southern coming in - certainly doesn't mean I think they are weak.

I say I wouldn't mind trading them for Harlan County and Clay, but stated the reasons why. I never said Harlan County or Clay were better. Although I would say that in many years, I'd rather go to Madison Central then to Harlan County. The state championship was impressive for Madison Central - but that season was the outlier not the norm.

I was simply saying to the original poster that I don't think many in the 13th Region would say heck no as he suggested.
HDE Wrote:I can't find a redistricting proposal here.
Anyone can say move this team or that team. Where are you moving them to and who replaces them in that region?
If you don't have specifics you don't have anything.

The moderator change my title of the post, KHSAA HAS NOT mentioned or purposed this...I wish they would though.
JagNation Wrote:Thanks olred for understanding what I thought was a pretty clear statement. Because I said no one would be "concerned" or "fear" Madison Central or Madison Southern coming in - certainly doesn't mean I think they are weak.

I say I wouldn't mind trading them for Harlan County and Clay, but stated the reasons why. I never said Harlan County or Clay were better. Although I would say that in many years, I'd rather go to Madison Central then to Harlan County. The state championship was impressive for Madison Central - but that season was the outlier not the norm.

I was simply saying to the original poster that I don't think many in the 13th Region would say heck no as he suggested.

All I was saying is I don't think many would want Madison Central in there because traditionally they are very solid in basketball, but Madison Southern is usually a middle of the road team, and has never won a Regional basketball game in the 11th, and it makes more sense because there are more Class A teams that Berea and Model already play.
I do not see them changing the districts at this time. Maybe in a couple years but not right now.