Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 9 West Jessamine 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big win for the Black Bears against a top 5 team in the state! HC got some big hits and executed several critical bunts and Leisge went the distance on the mound for the win. This is HC's first win in the new school over a top 5 team! Great job by the Bears team!!! Zach Doss had a 2 run bomb in the 2nd inning that seemed to give the Bears a big boost of confidence!
Come on somebody talk to me! Nobody got anything to say about the Bears getting probably their biggest win ever! The elements were tough with the wind blowing out 30 mph plus making any reasonably well struck ball a potential HR and the defense was shaky on both sides, but no matter how you slice it its still a huge victory over a top 5 team in the entire state of Ky. I cant remember the last time a 13th region team beat a team ranked this high? Can anyone come up with a bigger win for the region in the past 6 or 8 years?
Great win for this program! Keep up the good work boys. I read where WJ was ranked 3rd in the state.
who did west jess pitch
great win for hc
I wouldnt get overly excited. Baseball rankings are seriously a joke. Look at your top teams, most are from the Louisville, Lexington, and Northern Ky regions. Simply put those are the folks who vote in the High School Coaches poll. Ton of politicking goes on with this. Been following since 1996 and it has always been the same. Also it depends on if HC pitched their No. 1 vs. WJ No. 5. I dont know just count it as a W and go on. I always told my kids I expected them to be better than the other team regardless of where they are from or ranked.