Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 9 Breathitt County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Danny Wood Field

Breathitt County (4-15): 000-000-0 -- 0 (runs), 1 (hit), 1 (error)
Estill County (17-7): 000-072-x -- 9 (runs), 9 (hits), 0 (error)

Bryson Parks started for Breathitt County going through 5 Innings. Jeremy Stamper came in the 6th and went right back out after he struggled. Zach Hall came in and finished the game.

Wade French started for Estill going 5. Cody Portwood came in and finished the game.

No extra base hits at all for neither team.

Breathitt County falls to 4-15 (2-10 region) and will host Letcher Central in a varsity DH on Tuesday.

Estill County improves to 17-7 (10-1 region) and will host Bath County tomorrow.
I'm sure it was better than what most thought. How did the parks kid look strikeout. I know Combs (breathitt) has a young team and has already won 2 games that he wasn't suppose to win according to some. Just gonna take some time to build a program. It's an up and down year with young teams.
He took Estill into the 6th scoreless and only allowed 2 hits I believe. He was tiring down in the 6 when it collapsed for Breathitt. He's gonna be a dandy for the Bobcats if he sticks to baseball.
Strikeout King Wrote:He took Estill into the 6th scoreless and only allowed 2 hits I believe. He was tiring down in the 6 when it collapsed for Breathitt. He's gonna be a dandy for the Bobcats if he sticks to baseball.

I think you're right.
Yeah I talked to Justin an he grinned and said I'm throwing an 8th grader against Estill and I thought he was nuts. My boy played for him a couple years ago and I helped him with middle school baseball. He did a great job with my boy but unfortunately we had to move because of my job. He will do a great job with breathitt. The kids enjoy playing for him. How did Breathitt hit? They make contact with the ball when I watched them. Estill will be hard to handle in the region this year. It will come down between them and Powell for district I'm sure.
They had 1 hit and I believe it was an infield hit.
What has happened to Breathitt County this year? They was a lot better last year.
CuriousBaller Wrote:What has happened to Breathitt County this year? They was a lot better last year.

Lost a lot from last year including their ace.
I'll just go ahead and tell you why they were better last year. They had 8 seniors on the field. The coach never played JV games so the young kids never got any work in. This is a young team and a program that will rise if they give the new coach some time. I already see a vast improvement from the beginning of the year till now. That's how it is with a bunch of freshman and 8th graders starting varsity baseball. The talent is there it just has not been developed yet. Takes time to build something. That is what Coach Combs is doing there in Breathitt County. He will build it just fine too. Strikeout king saw how they played at Estill. Did pretty good for a bunch of youngins...
Justin has a wealth of baseball knowledge and a good approach with the kids, and if the school and the parents will leave him alone he'll be fine. His talent level is way down because interest in baseball at all ages is at an all-time low. Kids can't decide to play organized baseball at age 15 and be competitive. It's got to start way younger than that.