Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Top 10 players and top 10 teams in your opinion
I don't have a top 10 players and teams list... but I do have a coaches list.

1.) Robert Hammonds
2.) Everyone else

The man can flat out coach. It's a crying shame what politics in the Letcher county school system have done to this once admirable coach. I mean, played on Saturday morning at the state tourney with Jarrod Polson then can't do anything with a better athlete in Cody Gregory at point. He has to bow down to those above him in the school system.
Why would he stay? Money
Knott Co. Central will remain as top dog in the 14th and will have two of the top 5 players in the region next season.
KCC will be number one, everybody body else is just playing for runner-up.
With the addition of Miller from East Ridge, Knott County has all the talent in the 14th to win the region next year. Perry may have a couple of transfers coming in and Hazard has there transfers from last year eligible now so these two are always question marks. No one has any idea what Cordia will come up with until the season starts and no one else in the region will have anything worth talking about other than maybe Buckhorn, they are my dark horse for next season.

Teams:
1. Knott
2. Perry
3. Hazard
4. Cordia
5. Buckhorn

Coaches:
1. Holland - Hazard, will always be the best coach in this region until he retires
2. Noble - Buckhorn, always gets the most out of his players, great motivator
3. Bentley - Estill, very hard worker, great preperation for games
4. Hammonds - Letcher, good coach, has not had very much talent
5. Creech - Wolfe, great person, works very hard with the players he has

Players:
1. Justice - Knott
2. Beverly - Perry
3. Hall - Knott
Cordia and Hazard have some good players too, but these are the top 3 way above the rest.
I predict lots of transfers.
I am hearing that the KHSAA is going to possible step in and go after some of these schools that are recruiting players.
I've been told the Blair kid from Buckhorn transferred to Perry. Big loss for Buckhorn!
1. Knott Co.
2. Hazard
3. Perry Co.

Coach Hammonds then Holland
Another addition to the Knott County Patriots! We have heard about the Miller kid from East Ridge, well now Austin Combs(former Knott County hater from Cordia) is joining the Patriot parade. Guess he wants a shot to play at Rupp too! Good choice Austin, but I would of probably went to Perry to play with Braxton, all you would of had to do is spot up and shoot the 3 ball! Might not get many shots at Knott until Justice leaves.
Heck, why even predict, why not just go ahead and give it to Perry Central? They'll sign LeBron James this offseason to go with three more recruits to try and get Heston "Dust Bowl All Star" Beverly's prodigy to the state tournament. May as well just give it to them the way that bunch acts.
Who has Perry added?
The Knott Central stuff is a lie!

They don't get transfers!
zaga_fan Wrote:The Knott Central stuff is a lie!

They don't get transfers!

:dudecomeon::Clap::Clap::Clap:
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Another addition to the Knott County Patriots! We have heard about the Miller kid from East Ridge, well now Austin Combs(former Knott County hater from Cordia) is joining the Patriot parade. Guess he wants a shot to play at Rupp too! Good choice Austin, but I would of probably went to Perry to play with Braxton, all you would of had to do is spot up and shoot the 3 ball! Might not get many shots at Knott until Justice leaves.

Wasn't there (watching my Granddaughter play) but understand Austin had a extremely good debut for the Pats hitting 8 out nine vs Pike Central . Welcome to Patland Austin!
Watched both games and thought him and Cornett played well. Both will help out a lot this year.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Another addition to the Knott County Patriots! We have heard about the Miller kid from East Ridge, well now Austin Combs(former Knott County hater from Cordia) is joining the Patriot parade. Guess he wants a shot to play at Rupp too! Good choice Austin, but I would of probably went to Perry to play with Braxton, all you would of had to do is spot up and shoot the 3 ball! Might not get many shots at Knott until Justice leaves.

Can't remember which thread I posted this on during state tourney but I totally called this...
Hazard will win the region next year. Heard Cordia had 10 more players coming in soon from all over the world.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Hazard will win the region next year. Heard Cordia had 10 more players coming in soon from all over the world.

Knott isn't losing the region. But if did,, I'd pick buckhorn before I would hazard.
KNOTT COUNTY CENTRAL. Unless Cordia has a surprise. :rockon:
Count on it Powell will win district and make it to the region finals !!
Knott got 3 transfers is what I was told a freshman from Letcher and 2 from Cordia
Any news on what is going on in Breathitt County?
Navajo Bobcat Wrote:Any news on what is going on in Breathitt County?

Whitmore's gone, and still no coaching decision as of last week. Probably Collins again and his staff of Noble, Moore and Napier again. I never did understand that arrangement...