Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

the hustler

What are everybody's thoughts and opinions on the 13th? How would you rank 1-10? I'll start by saying

1. South Laurel
2. Bell Co
3. Cumberland
4. Pineville
5. Jackson Co.
6. Clay Co.
7. Corbin
8. Cawood
9. OBI
10. Noth Laurel
Although most the Mountain regions are down alot this year I actually feel the 13th is up a little of course they have South Laurel, but Cumberland will have a team this season who'll be able to play with anyone in the state, they'll be really tough ,as well as Bell Co....gonna be a tough region.

the hustler

I agree Moe. Most people say SL will undoubtedly win the 13th again but I think they are riding off all the other teams in the region. I saw them play during the summer and by no means did they look like the SL teams of a couple years past. Granted, it was summer ball, but that is still some sort of indication of how your team will fare in the year to come. I think Cumberland will surprise some people this year who have not yet heard about them. That should be a great game every time them and Bell meet.
Corbin will be good too. With Josh Crawford and a few returning players they will be just find come tourny time like always.
As they do in golf by picking either Tiger or the Field, I will have to take the field this year vs. South Laurel. I know they have a great player in Proffitt and other good players in Hammonds and Smith but I think there are some quality teams in the region this year that can do some damage. Bell, Cumberland, and Jackson County had really strong summers and each has a very good player with support around them. Harlan and Corbin have very good players as well in Smith and Crawford but their other players are suspect. Coach Nolan is said to have a strong "team" at Cawood and one can never count out Coach Phipps at Barbourville after the game plan he put together last year in the regional finals. Lastly, how can you talk about the 13th and not mention Clay County? They lost a host of players but those young men are brought up basically with one thing in mind, playing basketball at Clay County and being successful. Plus they have a new coach in Kevin Spurlock which may bring some change to the style of play that Clay County and the regional fans aren't used to but this team may be a year away. I still take the field and think that there will be a new face representing the 13th in Rupp this year but to do that will take a special night on someone's part.
Slamup Wrote:Corbin will be good too. With Josh Crawford and a few returning players they will be just find come tourny time like always.

I hope so. I hear Corbin has a good freshman class coming up, hope they can provide some excitment in the upcoming years. Things went downhill in a hurry last year after Corbin lost Andrew Parks, Jordan Noble, Brad Lawson, & Cody Dixon. Let's go 'HOUNDS!