Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pro Wrestling and the UK football team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK has a player who's dad is one of the biggest Pro Wrestling stars in history.

(Senior #85) Steven Borden, who plays Tight End, dad is Sting, yes... Sting.

The younger Borden tranferred from a JuCo last season, he earned a varsity letter for UK in the 2013 season... and should see some serious playing time at the Tight End position this season, he may even win the starting role.

Pro wrestling is as big as it's ever been..... maybe not as popular with the teens/tweens as it was in the Attitude Era/Monday Night Wars.

I think UK should embrace the whole pro wrestling image right now. It would be great for recruiting and the fanbase.
LOL, that would mean that the fanbase is 50 and remembers the NWA/WCW. Since no one watches TNA, then the nation has no clue who Sting is......
When Road Warrior Animal's boy played for Ohio State, some of their fans painted their faces and wore shoulder pads with spikes like the Road Warriors did.
Stardust Wrote:LOL, that would mean that the fanbase is 50 and remembers the NWA/WCW. Since no one watches TNA, then the nation has no clue who Sting is......

Come on Dusty.... You know it would be awesome.
What else does U.K. football have to embrace, tradition?
^ That they had the most famous college football coach in history, who did nothing for them. Now we can have a famous wrestler who's heyday came when the current players were not even born yet......
Stardust Wrote:^ That they had the most famous college football coach in history, who did nothing for them. Now we can have a famous wrestler who's heyday came when the current players were not even born yet......

Dusty, that's my point. When you think of Bear Bryant you don't think of U.K.. You think of Bama. Sting's gloria day was probably before most of the students were born but what the heck.
Imagine the Promo's this team could do..... You can't tell me that wouldnt be awesome to see.

And you know it would make ESPN.

Imagine this.... Big Z doing a promo like Booker T. Matt Elam doing a promo like they used to do with Andre the Giant.. making him look larger than life.

And the best one would be if Steven Borden did a promo like his dad. The full surfer gimmick.

I would probably be the loudest mark in Commonwealth Stadium.