Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County 8 Lawrence County 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boyd County 8 Lawrence County 5 Final
Allsports#1 Wrote:Boyd County 8 Lawrence County 5 Final

just a bad game on the mound. the first couple of lc pitchers just couldn't find the strike zone. seemed like they let the umpire get in their heads. pretty tight zone for a high school game if you ask me. lc had a golden opportunity to blow the game open in the 2nd. bases loaded and nobody out. the top of the order up too. manage to get just one run out of that. kid for boyd hit a 3 run homer in 6th inning with some help from the gusty winds but a homer nonetheless. hopefully the lc pitchers start challenging the strike zone a bit more. i think they ended up with 8 or 9 walks in the game and most of those were in the first 5 innings.

on a positive it seemed like the lc bats don't mind someone throwing some gas. boyd brought in a guy pumping it in there at least mid 80s if not higher for the final 2 innings. lc hit several rockets and had the bases loaded in the 7th against him.
I'd assume the kid that was throwing harder from the mound was Boyd's catcher Barnwell. If I'm not mistaken he's committed to Ohio State. Pretty strong arm and he's only a junior.
Strike zone and wind. Strike zone I have heard before but never saw wind used before. How creative.

If a high school team cant hit mid 80's pitching they arent going far in the post season.