Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central vs Pikeville whats the chances?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the chances that we will soon see the rivalry in football? I mean next season both teams will have more games to schedule out of district and from what i hear Coach Mac is trining really hard to schedule this game...also if so what should they play for besides braging rights???
wont matter even if they did play, we all kno who whould walk away with the win anyway.
warrior if u cant answer the questions then dont post on the thread...
Well in the next few years this would be a good match up b/c both teams is going to be losing there best players after this year or maybe next year. PC would be losing some of there good players but still have a few good ones on the team. But i would say pike central in a really big upset and this would bring all the pikeville and central fans to come together!
think about the revenue both schools would get from this game it would be ridiculos this would just about be the equvilant to the Belfry Pikeville game...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:think about the revenue both schools would get from this game it would be ridiculos this would just about be the equvilant to the Belfry Pikeville game...

Yeah except for the fact that it would be a blowout.
would be if valley played them there alfus so you may want to hush...stay on topic or just dont post im sick of it...
I would say that the chances are ZERO. It does Pikeville no good to waste a game against a team that they will beat 99% of the time. Pikeville uses their non-district spots to schedule top teams (ie. Belfry, P-burg, Pike Co. Bowl, and usually another top bowl) so that they can see where their weaknesses are and how to improve.

They already have enough games where the starters only play a half, so they need to schedule top teams even if they know that they will probably lose.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:would be if valley played them there alfus so you may want to hush...stay on topic or just dont post im sick of it...

No kidding pal, and do I care? No. I didn't make a ridiculous thread and ask for what people thought.

Take some medicine if you're sick of it, because I was just telling the truth.
Smile Why would Pikeville waste their time beating the crap out of Pike Central and more importantly why would Pike Central fans want to get spanked by Pikeville so bad. This thread should be closed, because it won't happen, and if it did it would be a huge joke.
I would to see all Pike County teams play each other on the schedule, if I was a coach I would try to schedule alot of the teams around here. I mean we have some decent talent around here. Pikeville vs. Valley is always a game I wanted played. Just think how much profit the teams would make off of this. HUGE! Both schools are already rivals in basketball. Pikeville vs PC game would be huge also. Kinda like a South Laurel and North Laurel game. But my vote still goes to P-ville and Valley game. Since we have been called a poor man's Pikeville before.LOL
Sounds like a wasted game...
pikeville schedule is pretty much set for next year.
belfry
p-burg
lex cath
ashland
PCB- corbin or louisville holy cross
i just dont think that pikeville would waste time considering this proposal. there is a reason why pikeville doesnt play pc year in and year out. that is because pikeville wont waste time playing them period. it would be a mockery of a game if they played. yeah it might make pc a better team to play a better competition but pikeville will stick to playing solid football programs.
What benefit would Pikeville have from playing Pike Central?
Revenue? Not really,Pike Central would bring an average crowd.
Competition??? No, not yet anyway.
ZERO chance this happens.
If PC,ER or SV wants to play Pikeville again every year my advice would be to work harder and get better if you want a shot cause coach J will not schedule any cupcakes for non-district, hes got enough of those IN the district.
yeah makes sense i guess...but what about every other year or something...or maybe a one time thing...i mean when it was JC and Pikeville that was such a huge game which JC was more competitive this i understand i just think it would be great to see how big of a game this was one time...not saying it would be close but just to experience the enviorment...b/c IMO the student ratio to other games would be enormous
PCC doesn't deserve to play Pikeville. Let PCC string together a few nice seasons in a row and then let MacNemee call up Coach Jackson.
anyone deserves a shot LovetheBucs that just about like saying the past few season that Pikeville doesnt deserve to play Belfry considering Belfry romps them just about every year...dont get me wrong Pikeville has a very very talented program and the tradition of that game strings out over many years but saying PC doesnt deserve that one shot...that one shot could shock the state...but thats just a hypothetical theory...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:anyone deserves a shot LovetheBucs that just about like saying the past few season that Pikeville doesnt deserve to play Belfry considering Belfry romps them just about every year...dont get me wrong Pikeville has a very very talented program and the tradition of that game strings out over many years but saying PC doesnt deserve that one shot...that one shot could shock the state...but thats just a hypothetical theory...

Pikeville had Belfry down in the 4th this year. Pikeville outplayed Belfry in every part of the game except for special teams... get your facts straight.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:anyone deserves a shot LovetheBucs that just about like saying the past few season that Pikeville doesnt deserve to play Belfry considering Belfry romps them just about every year...dont get me wrong Pikeville has a very very talented program and the tradition of that game strings out over many years but saying PC doesnt deserve that one shot...that one shot could shock the state...but thats just a hypothetical theory...
No disrespect to coach Mac but I dont think HE would want this game right now. I too miss the atmosphere of the Pikeville vs. Johns Creek, Virgie and Elkhorn City games of old. But the sad fact is that PCC and Pikeville are in 2 different places right now and I mean no offense ,but I dont think that PCC is on Pikevilles level yet. Its coach Js job to put a state title contender out on the field every year and were not going to get any better playing PCC as opposed to Henry Clay,Bell County, and Ashland win or lose. Give coach Mac time to build a program and who knows what the future will hold.

pcc might think they deserve it because they win 3-4 games a year, but let me reiterate the fact that pikrvillr wants to play good teams for non district games not teams in the mediocre range. pikeville and belfry deserve to play each other every year beacuse they are the 2 best in pike county year in and year out, no argument. shock the state is a very hypothetical and that is what it will stay. pikeville has nothing to gain playing a down team like pcc