Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Regional favorites for next year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know it early but what else do we have to do at this point. Who do think the regional favorites will be for next season?
1st-Graves
2nd- Hopkinsville
3rd- Apollo
4th- Warren Central
5th- Taylor County
6th- Bullitt East
7th- Trinity
8th- Collins
9th- Holmes
10th- Mason County
11th- Lexington Catholic
12th- Wayne County
13th- Corbin
14th- Knott Central
15th- Johnson Central
16th- Rowan County

These are my early picks and predictions. Obviously this could change for me when the transfers occur and things like that.
Knott central in 14th for sure I think
15th will have to be Lawrence Co
To early to predict, the recruiting has just began. lol!!
If Knott doesn't win the 14th next season with all that they return, their is seriously something wrong.
Camron Justice will be going for a SWEEP in his high school career at Knott
In the 5th, I'd take Bardstown. Returns quite a bit. Veteran coach. Strong leader in Eljay Cowherd. And far more athletic and deeper than Taylor.

Taylor has the best player, but loses its post presence, which will darn near kill Taylor offensively and defensively.

John Hardin returns Matt Miller and Elijah Smith, while North Hardin (which played Bardstown and Taylor and E'town to the wire late in the season) returns almost everything (including Tony Jackson, a physical monster who could have field days against Taylor without Wigginton and E'town without Harding).
cksportsfan Wrote:In the 5th, I'd take Bardstown. Returns quite a bit. Veteran coach. Strong leader in Eljay Cowherd. And far more athletic and deeper than Taylor.

Taylor has the best player, but loses its post presence, which will darn near kill Taylor offensively and defensively.

John Hardin returns Matt Miller and Elijah Smith, while North Hardin (which played Bardstown and Taylor and E'town to the wire late in the season) returns almost everything (including Tony Jackson, a physical monster who could have field days against Taylor without Wigginton and E'town without Harding).

Agree with Bardstown being the favorite in the 5th. John Hardin will have the guards but they have no size (unless someone moves in) and E-Town losing Harding, McDonald and Cotton will make it tough on them. North can be a sleeper team but they are still going to be very young.
The 15th could easily be Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark or Lawrence County
14th:
Knott
Perry
Depends on Cordia's recruits
15th:
Lawrence
JC
Paintsville-Depending on who plays
5th- Bardstown. John Hardin could squeeze it out too. Taylor will make noise, but they don't have enough. Goodin and Sloan can't do it alone.
6th- Bullitt East should come out of the 6th. Sharpe is awfully good, and they have all their size back from last year, along with a really good group of freshman that should contribute as sophomores. PRP will be tough as always. Doss is a challenge on paper but they're sloppy.
7th- I think Ballard is going to shock people at how good they'll be. They'll finally have a PG that doesn't care if he scores 25 a game. They'll also be way better defensively with Berry, Perry, Douglas, and Dow. I've a also heard some rumors about a couple of Trinity defections that could make the walk a little easier. Waggoner keeps getting mentioned, but to me, they're the Doss of the 7th region.
8th- Collins. I don't see anyone pushing them.
15th- Betsy Layne returns almost everyone from a 26-6 team! Remember Lawrence Co. Gm was a 1 pt gm at half. Case will be best player in region also.
Lawrence, JC, BL, and Paintsville with injured players back top 4 IMO .
13th- Knox Central and Clay Co.
14th- Knott Central and Perry Central
13th Clay County
14th Knott County Central

I may change my mind in December 2014. Confusednicker:
Unless Perry brings in some more kids i do not see Beverly and PCC getting very far.
Shelby Valley will be 15th region favorites as long as Coach Hicks stays on board!!
I think shelby valley has a real shot with Jim bob.
You guys are getting drunk on the Jim Hicks kool-aid. What has this journeyman done to get the Phil Jackson type hype that you guys are giving him? Let's see how he does coaching without Carr to take all the shots.
Betsy Lane played a cup cake schedule last year. Case is a good player but not the best in the region. I believe Kyle Gullet takes that role from Shane Hall followed by Timmy Dalton and Chase Parsley and Dylan James than maybe Case.
Oldham County or Owen County in the 8th
14th- Knott unless Perry brings in about 3 more...Don't sleep on Hazard tho
I think next year may finally be the year that Henry Clay breaks through the Scott County/Lexington Catholic/Madison Central dominated 11th. Even though they lose Jordan Green, I think they will have a lot of weapons to work with.
Just saw where Dylan James was named to the wymt all mountain second team for this past year. That's Top 10 player in regions 12-15. Coaches vote on that and he is the only one named to a team besides honorable mention in this region. Congrats to the young man and good luck playing with the Travelers this summer.
Take it to the bank Paintsville is getting ready to explode in the big 3 sports IF they stay healthy.
Wolverine Wrote:1st-Graves
2nd- Hopkinsville
3rd- Apollo
4th- Warren Central
5th- Taylor County
6th- Bullitt East
7th- Trinity
8th- Collins
9th- Holmes
10th- Mason County
11th- Lexington Catholic
12th- Wayne County
13th- Corbin
14th- Knott Central
15th- Johnson Central
16th- Rowan County

These are my early picks and predictions. Obviously this could change for me when the transfers occur and things like that.

Corbin in the 13th?????? You have went and lost your mind.
gotta love the paintsville parents.....just like lawrence co, they suffer from unrealistic expectations....when was the last time paintsville made it out of the district? nuff said.....and they can barely score 25 a game as a team let alone any one of their players.....paintsville is not and will not be relevant next year....Take that to the bank....
Do you think Clay will win the 13th again?
[quote=Wolverine]Do you think Clay will win the 13th again?

I think Clay will either be 1 or 2 in the region.....Knox should be the favorite but they are known to choke.....If I had to place a bet I would bet on Clay though....but I do think Clay will be a whole lot better than Corbin. All I here from Corbin is how their coach is the best in the region...when in reality if you look at the stats.....Correct me if I am wrong Corbin has only beaten Clay once or twice since Marcum has been the coach at Clay.
We'll see Earl. I like your attitude. Keep sleeping on them.
Pages: 1 2