Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2014 ky junior all-star teams announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Rosters for the 2014 Boys' and Girls' Kentucky Junior All-Star Teams were announced today. Participants will represent the Commonwealth as this year's squads face Indiana's best juniors.

Three local boys and five local girls will represent the eastern part of the state.Evan Hall (Knott County Central), Camron Justice (Knott County Central) and Nick Miller (Ashland) were selected to the boys' squad. Haley Sue Foutch (Ashland), Logan Fraley (Boyd County), Emily Frye (Lewis County), Maci Morris (Bell County) and Alexis Robinson (Ashland) were chosen as members of the girls' team.

COMPLETE STORY
Maci Morris left the event after she was shafted by the orgainizers. I typically don't subscribe to conspiracy theroies but this is a shame. In the first 2 games she had great numbers including 20pts and 16pts which led the team. She also had more rebounds than 4 of the girls picked had points. They then picked some players to play the rest of the games via a so called "commitee" and Morris was not picked. How could this be? She is 1 of the frontrunners for Miss Basketball and the only Jr. in the state to be offered by UK. POLITICS in these types of events is PATHETIC. Nobody involved in the event could give a good reason why she was not picked besides none of the Mountain Coaches showed up to pick her???? REALLY so they pick teams by the area and not the ability?? JOKE!
The way I read it maci Morris made the team. :popcorn:
If Morris didn't make the JR group, I agree with Bobcat Dad, no way she should have been left off. She is probably the top JR in the state and arguably the top player in the state regardless of grade. Makes the ones that made that decision look silly or basically clueless.
64SUR Wrote:The way I read it maci Morris made the team. :popcorn:

Of those chosen, they picked out a few more to play the final rounds. She was not 1 of those although she was the leading scorer and rebounder. :popcorn::Thumbs:

Unreal that politics and regionalism decides who plays not talent. When the Head Coach at UK makes fun of the process it is not a good thing. :yikes:
If I was guessing, I'm betting they wanted someone to actually pass the ball to the others on the team :biglmao::biglmao:

Bobcat fans don't get to bent out of shape, all star games for Jr's are to get exposure - she has already committed - so she didn't need exposure.
The above comment by JagNation might be one of the dumbest I have ever seen here.
Lilly Wrote:The above comment by JagNation might be one of the dumbest I have ever seen here.

You would certainly be an expert on those types of comments.....

Let me just say this.... A Kentucky caliber player with decent players around her (and Sanders and Garnett are more than decent) - should win the 13th Region almost any year. She's a really good player - but obviously the people who picked the players to play the rest of the games saw something they didn't like......
JagNation Wrote:If I was guessing, I'm betting they wanted someone to actually pass the ball to the others on the team :biglmao::biglmao:

Bobcat fans don't get to bent out of shape, all star games for Jr's are to get exposure - she has already committed - so she didn't need exposure.

Somebody has got there panties bunched up. I will agree with the post above, this has to be at the top of the list on Dumb comments.
JagNation Wrote:If I was guessing, I'm betting they wanted someone to actually pass the ball to the others on the team :biglmao::biglmao:

Shooting stat: Morris took 426 shots this season. Made 236. That's 55.4%. Maybe she should be shooting more?

Played 30 games, 426/30=14.2 shots per game. That translates into 3.6 shots taken in a quarter. That is not a stat of someone who doesn't pass the ball.

She leads her team in rebounds with 9.6 a game. I would bet that some of her 3.6 shots are put backs.

Want to take a guess as to who leads the team in assists?? Same as above.
JagNation is someone who does not really know basketball. After making such a comment I concluded it was a the top of the dumb comments I have ever heard and I still stand by that, But he is just ignorant about the game.
JagNation is a complete dumb ASS..
To make a statement like that shows his ignorance !!!
I am a north laurel fan Maci Morris Should have made the junior All-Star Team...just saying :worthy:
JagNation Wrote:You would certainly be an expert on those types of comments.....

Let me just say this.... A Kentucky caliber player with decent players around her (and Sanders and Garnett are more than decent) - should win the 13th Region almost any year. She's a really good player - but obviously the people who picked the players to play the rest of the games saw something they didn't like......

Yea she was not from their region, they took care of their own. Including a couple of girls that were from the coaches teams. Politics and just wrong.

Maci is the 1 of the most unselfish players I have ever seen. Especially considering how much talent she has. Also 1 of the hardest working.
:blondedri13th Region girls always get the shaft when it comes to statewide recognition!! There are several girls who should have been asked to try out for the Senior team as well!!! Those city slickers don't want to be shown up by a bunch of mountain girls.....it wouldn't look good for the so called talent experts who live in Louisville, Covington, Georgetown and Lexington. MONEY TALKS!!!!!
Basketball Wizzard Wrote::blondedri13th Region girls always get the shaft when it comes to statewide recognition!! There are several girls who should have been asked to try out for the Senior team as well!!! Those city slickers don't want to be shown up by a bunch of mountain girls.....it wouldn't look good for the so called talent experts who live in Louisville, Covington, Georgetown and Lexington. MONEY TALKS!!!!!

Sad but very, very true!!
Wow didn't realize she didn't make the team. That is terrible.
Just a note, I believe the powers that be was only looking for one player when they went to the try outs. They had made up their minds before sending all these girls to try out knowing already who was on the team minus one. Why would you not look at some of our gals in the 14th region, such as the Moore girl from Leslie a Junior, the Flynn girl from Estill who led the state in scoring averaging 30 points a game and not against weak competition either....I think this is a fiasco and needs some with back bone to rise up against coaches picking their own players and looking at state tournament teams and picking mostly from those schools. I believe we have talent all over the state of Kentucky but the mountain girls will never get the credit due them as long as the good old boys and girls run the all star games...
The first post of this thread says that Morris did make the Jr Allstar team, but then everyone is talking like she didnt make the team? What is the case here is she on the team or not?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:The first post of this thread says that Morris did make the Jr Allstar team, but then everyone is talking like she didnt make the team? What is the case here is she on the team or not?

I'm still confuse also Black Bear Cuz. :HitWall:
If anyone had read the article in the first post, you would have seen that Maci Morris did make the jr all star team. I was told that she quit. There are now 17 girls on that team.
rebounder8 Wrote:Just a note, I believe the powers that be was only looking for one player when they went to the try outs. They had made up their minds before sending all these girls to try out knowing already who was on the team minus one. Why would you not look at some of our gals in the 14th region, such as the Moore girl from Leslie a Junior, the Flynn girl from Estill who led the state in scoring averaging 30 points a game and not against weak competition either....I think this is a fiasco and needs some with back bone to rise up against coaches picking their own players and looking at state tournament teams and picking mostly from those schools. I believe we have talent all over the state of Kentucky but the mountain girls will never get the credit due them as long as the good old boys and girls run the all star games...
I thought Whitney Creech of Jenkins won the state scoring title. Someone refresh my memory.