Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What Is A Running Back??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We hear everyones opinion on whos the best but we fail to say what it takes to be one???
Size, Speed, Ability to Lead, and the drive not to give up under any situation IMO
legendkiller Wrote:Size, Speed, Ability to Lead, and the drive not to give up under any situation IMO
sounds like a senior lineman to me with college potential.. not clear enough yet!!
You don't have to have size to be a running back. The main things a quality running back needs is not even speed, but quickness, vision, leadership, blocking skills, heart, and the ability to never give up in any situation or always keep his feet driving.
speed, agility, and alot of trust in your line and alot of guts.
First to be a good back you need a good line,then your a great back:devilflam speed and the ability to cut on a dime helps too. So many things comes to a back in time...leadership,knowledge and experence...you have got to have heart and soul for the game
a good running back is one that will run where the play goes.. one that will listen to his coach, and can also see the holes created by the line. On top of that a good back can no be afraid to be hit. all this is my own opinion too, but i think that is some of the things that make a good back.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:a good running back is one that will run where the play goes.. one that will listen to his coach, and can also see the holes created by the line. On top of that a good back can no be afraid to be hit. all this is my own opinion too, but i think that is some of the things that make a good back.
I agree.
a running back is one that will hit his holes.. if theres not a hole he lowers his head and makes one. and one who sees the field good.. and one whos not afraid to be hit, and when he cant get any more yards he lowers his head and gets one or two more...
thats a running back.. !!
A RB is one who blocks as hard as he runs, and all that stuff said in the post before mine.
Definition= A hard nosed fireplug that will run around or through a defender. Posses the ability to see the field, to find the running lane under unsermountable pressure.
Will lay his body on the line for the team to plow into a 260lb D-tackle to get 1 yard for a first down. Uses speed, determination, heart to get the big play when the games on the line. The guy who pats his o-line on the butt when he scores and says"Good job Line!". The guy we all read about in the paper(lol) or I could have made it short and sweet and said Kasey Clark.
field vision and ability to make people miss
good post Coach thats what i was goin to say Kasey Clark
but IMO Kasey Clark...kentuckys Mr. Football
The College One Wrote:but IMO Kasey Clark...kentuckys Mr. Football
IMO vic anderson is
patience, speed, strength, and heart
A good running back has to have heart, and a little bit of speed but mostly heart and trust in his line.
A guy who gets all of the credit instead of his line..LOL..Kidding Backs..
he could be too both are real good players who can run the ball well
IMO a running back is better if he has the size and strength to flatten defensive backs and keep on running...
The College One Wrote:but IMO Kasey Clark...kentuckys Mr. Football
Who's Kasey Clark?
Just in case.

RB-Russell.

Scored 44 TDs last season and was the MVP of the AA state championship game.
Someone with the ability to recieve a hand off or pitch out of the backfield from a quarterback.
Positioned behind the quarterback, there are two running backs, whose job it is to run with the ball, which is typically handed off by the quarterback. Part of the offensive backfield. In college and high school football, there are halfbacks and fullbacks in these positions, but in professional football they are simply the two running backs.