Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cats' Pause 14th Region top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Teams 1.Hazard 2. JBS. 3. Perry Central..4.Lee Co..5 .Powell Co.6 Leslie Co. 7 Cordia. 8. Buckhorn 9 Letcher Central 10 Breathitt Players Justin Hicks.[Hazard. Clark Step[JBS] Kenny Brandenburg {Lee Co] Tyler Bailey [Perry Central]. [Daniel Neeley[no longer in the 14th] Tate Cox.[JBS.] Zach Hurt [Cordia] Zach Gay [Buchorn] Michael Campbell[Hazard] Ryan Romans [Powell]
This is fairly accurate. Hazard is the defending 14th champs, so it's understandable that the Bulldogs would be ranked #1. It's up to the other teams to prove otherwise. I personally believe June Buchanan is the best team in the region, but until they beat the region's winner from last year, then they're probably #2 in most people's minds.

Question: Do Hazard and JBS play this year in the regular season?
JBS beat Hazard this summer in the Ky. High School AAU tournament in Georgetown. JBS does play Hazard in the last game of reg. season at Hazard. Hazard edged JBS in the closest coaches' poll in memory, with 5 first place votes and 6o points The Crusaders received 6 first place votes and 56 points.
Hazard and JBS both play in the all A tournament, so they could meet there I guess.
I think Brandenburg is the best player in the region, but besides that I don't see alot wrong with the list.
I would probably rate brandenburg around 8th at best.
all of those are good players....but i wonder how kcc fan feels about knott co getting shut out in the top ten players and top ten teams. do they really have that bad of players and that bad of a team? i saw them this summer and they looked solid to me?
i thought they beat cordia twice, buckhorn twice, powell once, and they have lindon, mosley, and stamper and there not on the top ten..whats the deal kccfan?
free throw Wrote:Teams 1.Hazard 2. JBS. 3. Perry Central..4.Lee Co..5 .Powell Co.6 Leslie Co. 7 Cordia. 8. Buckhorn 9 Letcher Central 10 Breathitt Players Justin Hicks.[Hazard. Clark Step[JBS] Kenny Brandenburg {Lee Co] Tyler Bailey [Perry Central]. [Daniel Neeley[no longer in the 14th] Tate Cox.[JBS.] Zach Hurt [Cordia] Zach Gay [Buchorn] Michael Campbell[Hazard] Ryan Romans [Powell]

looks good except were's the player's from leslie. i think ryan howard and brian hubbard should be in there, they are both huge factor's for leslie's team this year. leslie lost Morgan,Day,Hendrix,Wells, and Horton. they were all key players last year for leslie but those two, ryan howard and brian hubbard both started on last years team so i think that they will help lead leslie to a great year
Where did Daniel Neely go to?
90FeetFromHome Wrote:Where did Daniel Neely go to?

Owen County
Cambell from Hazard shouldn't even be on the list.
slugger9 Wrote:looks good except were's the player's from leslie. i think ryan howard and brian hubbard should be in there, they are both huge factor's for leslie's team this year. leslie lost Morgan,Day,Hendrix,Wells, and Horton. they were all key players last year for leslie but those two, ryan howard and brian hubbard both started on last years team so i think that they will help lead leslie to a great year
and Young
I think that Powell should be a little bit higher than what they really are.I know this is only pre-season but they will have alot to show this year.IMO i think they belong at the # 3 spot on the list,im pretty sure they will have a better team than Perry Central.
There is no way that Chris Puckett from Jenkins doesn't make this list. He is possibly the best shooter in the region on any given night. Ask Letcher Central!!
daynightdh Wrote:There is no way that Chris Puckett from Jenkins doesn't make this list. He is possibly the best shooter in the region on any given night. Ask Letcher Central!!

he very well could be one of the best!
Godspeed Wrote:I think that Powell should be a little bit higher than what they really are.I know this is only pre-season but they will have alot to show this year.IMO i think they belong at the # 3 spot on the list,im pretty sure they will have a better team than Perry Central.

I agree with you Godspeed. Powell is gonna be pretty good this year, with mostly seniors that are all strong, and a new coach that has finally found there strong spots, they have a really good chance.
Shocked how high LCC got.#9 team in the region is pretty good, considering loosing Warren, Wright, Gibson, Willams.
Shocked how high LCC got.#9 team in the region is pretty good, considering loosing Warren, Wright, Gibson, Williams.
i think berryman from estill should of been one of the top players on the list....
cardinalsfan07 Wrote:i think berryman from estill should of been one of the top players on the list....

I Agree...
GoldenHands10 Wrote:Cambell from Hazard shouldn't even be on the list.
And why shouldnt he?
he proved to be a very solid player and an important asset to the basketball and the football team last year as a freshman and will prove to be even better than last year as a sophmore. Campbell deserves to be on that list just like every other player. But i agree with some people over here, i would like to see the leslie eagles ranked a bit higher and YES JBS AND HAZARD DO play in the regular season. they also play in the ALL A and the WYMT tournament at PCC, should be a good one, could decide who amongst pcc, hazard and JBS will go to rupp this year.
Not a fan of either team..but im suprised that I dont see Estill County or Jackson City in the Top 10. I know that Estill is good and im sure that Jackson will be ok..can someone fill me in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynightdh
There is no way that Chris Puckett from Jenkins doesn't make this list. He is possibly the best shooter in the region on any given night. Ask Letcher Central!!

It doesn't seem to matter how bad jenkins plays, not putting them down in any way, but evertime they come to lcc they come ready to play! it's just somethin about that rivalry. Chris Puckett is by far one of the best shooters in the region if not the best. He can pull up and drain it or drive straight to the rim. Great athelete
Cross-Over #3 Wrote:Shocked how high LCC got.#9 team in the region is pretty good, considering loosing Warren, Wright, Gibson, Williams.
Were you shocked at the team that lost all of those players beating Lee County tonight?