Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just heard Pulaski has fired the coach, any truth to this or is just a rumor
It is very true.
I heard the same thing. Good day for PCHS. I wonder who they will get?
He won 5 straight district titles in 5 years as was coach. If this is true why a great day. Not to mention his son was all-district player this year one would assume he will leave as well
Who would Pulaski target as there next head coach? Dave Fraley getting back into it?
Newspaper says resigned, not fired.
Heard Stephen Butcher from Southwestern Girls team was moving to take over Pulaski boys. Just something I heard mentioned at state tournament. Not sure in the validity of this statement.
Does this mean that Gover will take his son to Somerset and play for Cothran?
Wolverine Wrote:Does this mean that Gover will take his son to Somerset and play for Cothran?

Why would he go to Somerset?
I just wouldn't imagine he would stay there. Maybe he will though. I thought Cothran and Gover were buddies so it just made since.
I heard mention of Gover to Mercer. Being around the 12th, I think that might be a good fit. And his son is a nice young player (freshman). Mercer has a couple of really nice players on both sides of him (age wise). Trevon Faulkner started varsity for Mercer as an 8th grader and Will Hager was an all region performer as a sophomore.

If Coach Gover is looking to go to a place where his son could play a major role and also have a chance to beat Pulaski over the next few years, that would be a good fit. And, looking 2 years out, I gotta think they would be a serious contender for the 12th region title.
Do you have any idea how bad the 47th district has been the last 5 years? Name me 1 coach that wouldn't won that district with the talent he has had.
If you are throwing this year in the mix, I would argue that Casey had more talent.
Given the level of talent Pulaski had this year, 17-13 was better than I would've expected.
I have to believe that PC was still better than Casey this past year.
Who is the favorite to win the 12th next year?
baller789 Wrote:Do you have any idea how bad the 47th district has been the last 5 years? Name me 1 coach that wouldn't won that district with the talent he has had.

Last year Somerset was in Regional Finals, I believe they play in the 47th????Right.
Cellking Wrote:Last year Somerset was in Regional Finals, I believe they play in the 47th????Right.

Last year PC started 4 seniors, 3 of which were top 10 players in the region, they got beat in the 1st round of the region by a bunch of freshmen. Right????? If you think he can coach start a team and hire him. Classy comments in the paper today by a man that cares so much about the kids that play for him. Can't win a region with no division 1 players all he had was common players. I hate to tell him the 12th region is won almost every single year under those circumstances.
Overall over the last 5 years the 47th district has been weak so as grand as everyone wants to make winning the district sound it should have belonged to Pulaski based on talent. But district is as far as it ever went. And just because you didn't have any division 1 players is not an excuse to not be a regional contender in the 12 region (maybe not this year) but the previous 2 years was Pulaski's to lose and they did. Most regions don't have division 1 players and bring home titles. At some point the coach has to be responsible for preparation and X's and O's.
jim rome Wrote:Overall over the last 5 years the 47th district has been weak so as grand as everyone wants to make winning the district sound it should have belonged to Pulaski based on talent. But district is as far as it ever went. And just because you didn't have any division 1 players is not an excuse to not be a regional contender in the 12 region (maybe not this year) but the previous 2 years was Pulaski's to lose and they did. Most regions don't have division 1 players and bring home titles. At some point the coach has to be responsible for preparation and X's and O's.

Give it up man, you're getting a new coach now..
My favorite quote...... We have some cancers in the program who have been there awhile. Some parents have really affected our team over the past two or three years in a major way......a very accurate quote! Unless Pulaski gets some transfers, if little Gover leaves, they won't win that weak district you keep talking about!
Anybody else see Govers comments? Common players?? It's funny how he blames the parents for not winning a 12th region instead of having the balls to admit he just couldn't get it done. He also said in the paper that people have called him and sent text for doing such a great job with the program. That's abunch of BS. Shows his true colors to talk about his past players like that. Everybody talking about how good of a man he is well you go read that article and tell me how much class he actually has. Glad he's gone.
Big man 45 Wrote:Anybody else see Govers comments? Common players?? It's funny how he blames the parents for not winning a 12th region instead of having the balls to admit he just couldn't get it done. He also said in the paper that people have called him and sent text for doing such a great job with the program. That's abunch of BS. Shows his true colors to talk about his past players like that. Everybody talking about how good of a man he is well you go read that article and tell me how much class he actually has. Glad he's gone.

Could not have said it better Big Man. :Thumbs:
I hear that Gover (Freshman) is moving to Saint X. That will hurt PC. Who will get the coaching job? john fraley?
Have heard to many things about the little Gover kid In the last couple hours! Just heard from a source saint X or Scott county. Also heard Huntington prep!? No clue of the truth though?? I have seen where he is being contacted by colleges. I tried getting him on my AAU team. He was already on a team out of Louisville though.
I heard about Gover's comments in the paper, but I haven't seen it. Does someone have a link to that article?
Govers comments in the paper I saw were about some parents? I bet they were jealous mannn. All these bruhs be gettin jealous nowadays mannne.
Hope lil Gover comes to lville doss wit us.
peyton will be going to southwestern next year
bignasty45 Wrote:Govers comments in the paper I saw were about some parents? I bet they were jealous mannn. All these bruhs be gettin jealous nowadays mannne.
Hope lil Gover comes to lville doss wit us.

I didn't see it, but I would like to. Do you have a link to that article or a photo of the article itself you could post?
Little Gover is good, but I don't think he could make it in the 6th region.
I think the Gover kid is a nice player. He is just a freshman so i would have to believe he could make it in the 6th region and contribute to most every team in that region.
Pages: 1 2 3 4