Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 5 Lawrence Co 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Andrew Rice goes 6 Ins scattering 4 Hs and 8 Ks. As the Tigers pound out 11 Hs to pick up the win.

Cavins and Bailey throwed for LC.
OffTheHook Wrote:Andrew Rice goes 6 Ins scattering 4 Hs and 8 Ks. As the Tigers pound out 11 Hs to pick up the win.

Cavins and Bailey throwed for LC.

11 hits? did you have 4 errors for lc? i don't remember that many hits. i thought it was 8 or 9 hits for paintsville and lawrence with 5 hits. the kid for p-ville threw well. but let's be honest, if lc doesn't boot it the 1st inning and half we may all still be there watching the game at 0-0.

the 57th has 4 of the top 5 or 6 teams in the 15th this year. shame 2 of them will be home come the last week of may.
Well this is the way I looked at it. Bad hop at short on a ball our kid hit u guys gave an error. Bad hop at third u guys hit, u guys gave a hit. Good for the goose is good for the gander. Bullet that Burchell hit in first at third could have went either way. But he has been stroking the ball. So I gave it to him. That was the only two in question. The other two errors were the boot n left on the hit and the boot on the sac bunt by Rice.

And I agree with you about the 57th.
I agree hook the shot at the short stop was a tuff play I thought he was lucky to get a glove on it. Bottom line cavins was off he was consistently behind in the count then when he would let up some to try and get in the strike zone paintsville just hammered it. Bailey pitch very well. Also the scorebord is not the official scorebook for the game it is kept in the doug out the official line may be 11 hits and two errors. Lc just got out played tonight.
I don't understand why #1 it's that important or even a big enough deal to have to contradict the original post of whether it was 11 hits or 8 or 9. Then #2 the original post said absolutely nothing negative at all for u to have to say " let's be honest". Finally #3 we could all say about every game if it wasn't for this or for that the outcome would've been different, but isn't that the reason the game is played? Just like Wednesday night in Paintsville if it wasn't for Paintsville allowing 11 runs they would've won 4-0. It's crazy that LC people can't ever just shake the hand of the opposing team and say " you played better than we did tonight, congratulations". There always has to be a defense of why you didn't win instead of " we just got outplayed today". Thank you for taking time to read my completely neutral post.
^Thats the 57th. You never know what is gonna happen.
Paintsville hit the ball very well as LC was off their A-game. But when you play Little Ball in the big leagues that is going to happen. Paintsville had some Little League playing the night before. But both teams are doing well early on this season.
I don't understand this 2 game series deal at all in district matchups. Why isn't there a normal three game series?
It is not normal to have a three game series in high school, they tried that and it was strange at best. Normally teams play twice home and away, the thing that makes the 57th different is they arrange the two games within a short window of time, presumably so one dominant pitcher cannot be the difference. If Sheldon Clark develops one more pitcher I agree that 57th has top 4 teams in the 15th.
Completely Neutral Wrote:I don't understand why #1 it's that important or even a big enough deal to have to contradict the original post of whether it was 11 hits or 8 or 9. Then #2 the original post said absolutely nothing negative at all for u to have to say " let's be honest". Finally #3 we could all say about every game if it wasn't for this or for that the outcome would've been different, but isn't that the reason the game is played? Just like Wednesday night in Paintsville if it wasn't for Paintsville allowing 11 runs they would've won 4-0. It's crazy that LC people can't ever just shake the hand of the opposing team and say " you played better than we did tonight, congratulations". There always has to be a defense of why you didn't win instead of " we just got outplayed today". Thank you for taking time to read my completely neutral post.

after wednesday night's game the original poster said that p-ville gave the game away with walks and errors. no credit given to lc. so when an lc poster gets on here and says the same thing, it is nitpicking and childish? lawrence scored 11 runs wednesday night, yet the focus was on miscues by p-ville and the fact they threw a guy who never pitched in the 7th inning. it just gets a little tiresome to see all the negativity about lawrence.
Completely Neutral Wrote:I don't understand why #1 it's that important or even a big enough deal to have to contradict the original post of whether it was 11 hits or 8 or 9. Then #2 the original post said absolutely nothing negative at all for u to have to say " let's be honest". Finally #3 we could all say about every game if it wasn't for this or for that the outcome would've been different, but isn't that the reason the game is played? Just like Wednesday night in Paintsville if it wasn't for Paintsville allowing 11 runs they would've won 4-0. It's crazy that LC people can't ever just shake the hand of the opposing team and say " you played better than we did tonight, congratulations". There always has to be a defense of why you didn't win instead of " we just got outplayed today". Thank you for taking time to read my completely neutral post.

and here is the post i was referring to:

Actually the Tigers threw:
Kash Daniel: 5 BB, 5 Ks....Lefty
Spencer Taylor: 1 BB, 4 Ks....Lefty
Tommy McCormick: 7th IN,0 BB, 1 HBP, 0 Ks...Righty. Has NEVER been on the mound his entire 4 Year HS Career.
Luke Daniels: 7th IN, 1 BB, 2 Ks....Lefty

That's 11 Ks between the 3 Lefties. If Kash has his control early this is a MUCH closer game.

Hopefully we come ready at LC.

From what I have seen. JC, LC and PHS are three pretty evenly matched teams and you never know who may come out on top.

Last year proves that. Tigers beat LC both times in the Reg. Season Last year and then LC turns around and beats the in the District Tourny.

Gotta Love and Hate the 57th...lol.

The early BBs and the two INF errors in the 4th Inning killed the Tigers.

so, where is the "lawrence was better tonight..." type of statements? are lc fans the only ones that must do this to the opposing teams? fact is that on thursday, just as this guy stated on wednesday, if lc fields those 4 balls they are in a 0-0 or 1-0 game....and the outcome may or may not have been different....

no negativity towards paintsville...they have a good team.
^Thanks for posting that for me. Now please show me where I was negative towards Lawrence. Also PLEASE show me anything in that post that isn't true and please show me where I said we should have won or any type of excuse.
OffTheHook Wrote:^Thanks for posting that for me. Now please show me where I was negative towards Lawrence. Also PLEASE show me anything in that post that isn't true and please show me where I said we should have won or any type of excuse.

your last sentence. when i say that 4 misplayed balls led to LC's downfall thursday night, that is looked at as not giving credit to pville. your sentence at the end that the walks and errors cost pville is the same.

again, nothing negative to pville. they have a good team. sucks the miller kid isn't playing. he's the best all-around player in the region. but if you can make that claim about errors and walks, so can someone else when your team wins. lc gift wrapped 4 runs to pville. pville took advantage. just like lc did on wednesday.

good luck the rest of the way. district will be fun.
kai Wrote:It is not normal to have a three game series in high school, they tried that and it was strange at best. Normally teams play twice home and away, the thing that makes the 57th different is they arrange the two games within a short window of time, presumably so one dominant pitcher cannot be the difference. If Sheldon Clark develops one more pitcher I agree that 57th has top 4 teams in the 15th.

Thanks for clearing that up Kai . I didn't know they split the series like that, it does make more sense in high school to do 2 two game series. When is the next between these two?
TigerBlues Wrote:Thanks for clearing that up Kai . I didn't know they split the series like that, it does make more sense in high school to do 2 two game series. When is the next between these two?

lawrence beat pville on wednesday night 11-4; pville beat lawrence 5-0 on thursday. they don't play again unless they meet in district or region.
lchsalumnus Wrote:lawrence beat pville on wednesday night 11-4; pville beat lawrence 5-0 on thursday. they don't play again unless they meet in district or region.

Lchsalumnus I don't know about the scheduling process among baseball but that's crazy. Why only play 2 game? In college and pros they play more than that. They should play at least four IMO in baseball. I can see basketball doing this but not baseball. Quick note, I know zero about baseball though.
TigerBlues Wrote:Lchsalumnus I don't know about the scheduling process among baseball but that's crazy. Why only play 2 game? In college and pros they play more than that. They should play at least four IMO in baseball. I can see basketball doing this but not baseball. Quick note, I know zero about baseball though.

two is all they play in basketball. baseball is limited to 36 games, which is a lot, but teams like to play outside of the region. at least lawrence, jc, and pville do. p-burg has started to do that as well. if we play four games that would take up about 40% of the overall schedule. not good if you ask me. it will be interesting to see what next year's schedule will look like with lawrence going to the 60th. i wonder if they will continue playing jc and paintsville home/home.
Completely neutral don't lump all us lc fans together if you read my post I said lc just got out played. As a lc fan and supporter I will call it like I see it mostly shaded toward lc I will admit but there is no way you could watch that game and say lc did not get outplayed by pville. On a good note I thought the umpires did a pretty good job both no really bad. Some close plays that could go either way nothing to argue about.
Nice win