Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Matewan vs. Belfry??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anytime soon??
I doubt it!!
Never would be my guess.

It would be like scheduling another game with ER, SV, MC, and PC and that is useless.
Not with Haywood there!
nope have to agree with belfry justice
This is a rumor I heard..again..just a rumor...that a few years ago Belfry tried to schedule Matewan to try to start a rivalry because Matewan has actually been with few exceptions a single A power in West Virginia for a while...But Matewan's coach said Hell No!!!! Belfry would destroy Matewan. But at the same time we must keep in mind that Belfry is a much larger school then Matewan.
I saw on the Matewan High School web page that they had a total enrollment of 199. That is WWAAYYYY lower than Belfry or even Phelps for that matter!! LOL....
We would really find out how good McCoy is then wouldn't we? LOL!!
It would be a good rival game
They scrimmage every day in practice.:devilflam
jetpilot Wrote:They scrimmage every day in practice.:devilflam

That's not nice!
Normie59Pirate Wrote:I would be a good rival game
No it wouldn't.Matewan would get blown out 99% of the time.
Never Happen. Yogi is smarter than that.
phs1986 Wrote:I saw on the Matewan High School web page that they had a total enrollment of 199. That is WWAAYYYY lower than Belfry or even Phelps for that matter!! LOL....

That might be because Belfry has most of Matewan's kids. Belfry probably would beat them, but don't underesimate them. They are tough and as far as their coach backing down....you must not know Yogi lol
it would be a good game 2 watch but belfry would take them very easy
belfry 50
matewan 7...........valley should've won the game
millertime Wrote:belfry 50
matewan 7...........valley should've won the game

Yea I agree Shelby Valley should of won that game but no Matewan and Belfry would be for nothing because Belfry would whoop them, but Matewan has a pretty good football team
LOL are you kidding??? Yogi Kinder would never cross the Tug River to play Belfry
footballfanatic2 Wrote:That might be because Belfry has most of Matewan's kids.

:thumpsup: I didn't know if I should say it or not, but when I saw it, I had to quote it. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
We play for championships at Belfry..No reason to play a weaker opponent if we dont have too...Belfry would dominate them every year...
Charlie Wrote:We play for championships at Belfry..No reason to play a weaker opponent if we dont have too...Belfry would dominate them every year...
i agree with you....there is no need in shceduling a game with a team that you already know that your gonna win if you don't really have to unless your like Matewan and want to run the score up so one of your players can break a national record...lol:Thumbs:
No reason to schedule this game. Yogi Kinder sure showed his class last week against Burch. Belfry CAN and WILL find a more suitable non-district opponent.
To make it a lil more fair,We (BELFRY) would run our JV against Matewan!
BC75 Wrote::thumpsup: I didn't know if I should say it or not, but when I saw it, I had to quote it. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I agree, the quote is right on.
footballfanatic2 Wrote:That might be because Belfry has most of Matewan's kids. Belfry probably would beat them, but don't underesimate them. They are tough and as far as their coach backing down....you must not know Yogi lol

Please name them all! I bet you will have a hard time naming more than 1!