Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Red Bird to get dorms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LOOKOUT!!! The Cardinals could be bringing kids in from all over the world and become a perennial powerhouse in the 13th region!

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...vice=phone
I used to be on the board at Redbird. Believe me they have a much higher calling than bringing in basketball players.
Nice to hear about redbird opened the dorms back up. Great school,Great people running the school.64SUR :rockon:
Never heard of this school in my life!
Spud6 Wrote:Never heard of this school in my life!

Located in clay county,Kentucky.kids from Leslie,clay and bell goes too.

Redbird Christian has been around sense 1921. Goggle redbird mission its a story book history in eastern Kentucky
I've known of redbird more for chicken fighting than bball..
Mix1 Wrote:I've known of redbird more for chicken fighting than bball..

Been to many chicken fight at redbird arena Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:Been to many chicken fight at redbird arena Confusederiously:

I need to make this clear redbird arena is 15 miles from redbird Christian. Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:Redbird Christian has been around sense 1921. Goggle redbird mission its a story book history in eastern Kentucky

Will do for sure. Thank you for the info!
They where on one of ESPN shows about basketball. I believe it was in the 90s.
insideinfo Wrote:They where on one of ESPN shows about basketball. I believe it was in the 90s.

They were on ESPN in '01 or '02. ESPN was doing a piece on some of the winningest "small" programs in the country and they came to Redbird to film a game and do a couple interviews.
ESPN did a documentary on KY High School basketball on "The Season", the show that was a 30 for 30 before there was such a thing as 30 for 30. Red Bird was one of the teams they followed. I believe they also followed Paintsville, Harlan, Lexington Catholic and a few others. They also had cool footage of the sweet 16. I have it on DVD laying around somewhere.
It was narrated by Ashley Judd. For you Mountain basketball followers, they also had a few segments about King Kelly Coleman and something about Carr Creek. OJ Mayo and Rose Hill were also in there.
11thRegionHoops Wrote:ESPN did a documentary on KY High School basketball on "The Season", the show that was a 30 for 30 before there was such a thing as 30 for 30. Red Bird was one of the teams they followed. I believe they also followed Paintsville, Harlan, Lexington Catholic and a few others. They also had cool footage of the sweet 16. I have it on DVD laying around somewhere.
I recently searched for and tried to purchase that DVD. Cheapest I found it was $80. I'll pay $30 for a "copy"
I think I ordered mine through an eastbay magazine or something like that years ago. I don't know how to do all of that converting stuff but if we could figure out a way to do it, that could work.

You need to get out more. It's one of only three United Methodist Missions in the USA. The other two are in Alaska and Oklahoma.
John D Wilson retired at Red Bird after last season, correct?
Redbird also had a hospital one of the best around when i was growing up thanks redbird nation from 64SUR :1:
I can remember them having some good teams during 80s and 90s. Seems like I remember them having a kid that led the state in scoring not to long ag
I would love to find a copy of that DVD.... I was on it when they did the parts about painstville... Some of the people from Espinoza actually rode the bus from Johnson Central over to paintsville... It was a pretty cool experience
Does anyone remember the documentary on ESPN where they talked with a player from Evarts about drugs and oxycontin? I cant remember the documentary name, but I vividly remember it. Was it the same one?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Does anyone remember the documentary on ESPN where they talked with a player from Evarts about drugs and oxycontin? I cant remember the documentary name, but I vividly remember it. Was it the same one?

Gut you have smoke one to many tonight Confusedmoke:
Yeah it was the same one. It also featured Feds Creek and their final year of existence. One of the players that was a part of that Red Bird team that was featured went on to play for Alice Lloyd and had a good career there.
^
I remember them calling it hillbilly heroin lol.
Somebody needs to find a link to this thing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I remember them calling it hillbilly heroin lol.
Somebody needs to find a link to this thing.

I guess I have been Confusedmoke: to much BGR tonight Gut...your memory is better than mind.
If most of their good players stayed at red bird instead of going to clay and bell county they could have had some very good teams.
I remember one year that red bird had the leading scorer and rebounder in the state and they had two players go and start for clay county that same year. They were the best team in the region until the transfers
Huggy_Bear Wrote:LOOKOUT!!! The Cardinals could be bringing kids in from all over the world and become a perennial powerhouse in the 13th region!

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...vice=phone

Huggy bear you try to stir up shi@ all over BGS WHY? Why try to hurt a small school?
topnotch Wrote:Huggy bear you try to stir up shi@ all over BGS WHY? Why try to hurt a small school?

I think Huggy Bear would be redbird biggest supporter if they brought playing from all over the world. just saying 64SUR. Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2