Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia Parents waiting on Offers???????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
MidnightRider Wrote:Hey I never said a word about recruiting! Everyone does it. I've stated on here many times that Knott fans bash Cordia for recruits when 5 of Knott's top 7 players this year were recruits. Sure maybe Cordia brought in much more than other schools but I've never complained about Cordia!

Just not true! You need to get your facts straight!!!

I'll use this example one more time! If a kid has gone to A.B. Combs Elementary and wants to go to Hazard High School for what ever reason, they are flat out NOT a recruit!!! Sorry that is the rule!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Just not true! You need to get your facts straight!!!

I'll use this example one more time! If a kid has gone to A.B. Combs Elementary and wants to go to Hazard High School for what ever reason, they are flat out NOT a recruit!!! Sorry that is the rule!!!

So East Ridge and Bath County are feeder schools to KCC? JBS too? Last time I checked JBS is K-12 so it's not a county feeder school. I was told JBS isn't even allowed to play in county grade school games. So please correct me here if I'm wrong.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Thank you for answering that in a decent manner unlike 64sur :Thumbs:

Out of this whole situation, I completely agree with you about the KHSAA holding the kids in limbo and making them miss all those games. The decision should have been a lot sooner. Either tell them no and let them go somewhere else and play or tell them yes and let them play right away.

Huggy Bear you are from Leslie Co. Why do you skip from thread to thread and just stir up S@@@ You Know nothing about BB all you Know is how to stir up S@@@, Everybody just look at his post ALL HE POST IS CONTROVERSIAL trying to start a fight.
topnotch Wrote:Huggy Bear you are from Leslie Co. Why do you skip from thread to thread and just stir up S@@@ You Know nothing about BB all you Know is how to stir up S@@@, Everybody just look at his post ALL HE POST IS CONTROVERSIAL trying to start a fight.

:biglmao:
When the KHSAA takes their sweet time to rule on these kids it's because they've already said no.

It's not really a travesty or anything...
The vast majority of players get ruled eligible right off the bat.

The only ones that take a long time are these kids that by the book should be ineligible.
Any updates on any Cordia player. :popcorn:
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Just not true! You need to get your facts straight!!!

If the kid chooses to do that on his own then it's not a recruit but if a coach asks the kid or hires his parents and pays them way more then they should make then it's recruiting
zaga_fan Wrote:When the KHSAA takes their sweet time to rule on these kids it's because they've already said no.

It's not really a travesty or anything...
The vast majority of players get ruled eligible right off the bat.

The only ones that take a long time are these kids that by the book should be ineligible.

Zaga you are saying that it is fair to let a kid set there and waite while he watches maybe, his senior year and few games left go by while the KHSAA purposely will not give him a decision soley because they want to run out the clock. If you or any one else would use that tactic on a child. You are without a constitution. You would cheat in business, home, and all phases of life. Surley you don.t think that KHSAA is never wrong, Surly you believe in due process, You say by the book should be inegibile, WHO INTERPRETS THE RULE?? KHSAA They never were handed over the sole right to decide on rules. PEROID they can only give their opinion they are not a court of law. WE pay good tax dollars to courts that guarantee our constitutional rights, and due prossess. YOU MUST BE A LAWYER RUN OUT THE CLOCK ON A CHILD BULL SH@@.
topnotch Wrote:Zaga you are saying that it is fair to let a kid set there and waite while he watches maybe, his senior year and few games left go by while the KHSAA purposely will not give him a decision soley because they want to run out the clock. If you or any one else would use that tactic on a child. You are without a constitution. You would cheat in business, home, and all phases of life. Surley you don.t think that KHSAA is never wrong, Surly you believe in due process, You say by the book should be inegibile, WHO INTERPRETS THE RULE?? KHSAA They never were handed over the sole right to decide on rules. PEROID they can only give their opinion they are not a court of law. WE pay good tax dollars to courts that guarantee our constitutional rights, and due prossess. YOU MUST BE A LAWYER RUN OUT THE CLOCK ON A CHILD BULL SH@@.

Take a deep breath.

The KHSAA was definitely handed over the right to decide the rules.
you know who gave them that right?
Cordia did.

When Cordia joined the KHSAA for their sport clubs they decided that they would play by KHSAA's rules. If you send your kid to Cordia and they want to play basketball - they are playing IN the KHSAA and the rules are set by them. If they move on to the NCAA - they'll play by the NCAA's rules. If they move on to the NBA - they'll play be the NBA's rules.

I'm no lawyer... but I have read over the constitution several times in my day. Contrary to popular belief, it's not a kid's constitutional right to play basketball for their high school. It's a privilege.

If all of these kids are here for reasons other than basketball then it's not that big of a deal to them anyway. Because according to their big lawsuit, they were there for credit recovery and a safe school environment. If they're their with a priority of playing basketball, then they're ineligible.
I'm not a fan of any kid being forced to watch from the sidelines...
but I'm a fan of playing by the rules.

Paige and Johnson had to sit at Perry and I didn't get on here and cry that the KHSAA was terrible - Everyone understood what the rules were.

Hazard had some kids ruled ineligible last year and did anyone get on here and freak out about them not getting to play? Nope. Not even a peep.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm not a fan of any kid being forced to watch from the sidelines...
but I'm a fan of playing by the rules.

Paige and Johnson had to sit at Perry and I didn't get on here and cry that the KHSAA was terrible - Everyone understood what the rules were.

Hazard had some kids ruled ineligible last year and did anyone get on here and freak out about them not getting to play? Nope. Not even a peep.

ZA gA I can't believe you really beleive that children don't have rights if that were true, How in the He@@ did the boys and the school get an injunction aganst the KHSAA and they played out the rest of the year. IF THEY DIDN"T HAVE RIGHTS THEY AT KHSAA WOULD HAVE TOLD THE KNOTT CO SCHOOL SYSTEM WHERE TO PUT THEIR INJUNTION AND IT WOULDN"T HAVE TAKEN ^)60 DAYS TO DO SO.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charter...cript.html

This is a transcript of the US Constitution.

Please let me know the article/section/amendment that pertains to basketball.
If you don't like the way the KHSAA does things...
by all means...
send your kids to Wabaco Christian Academy and let them play in the Christian league.
Send them over to Huntington Prep and let them play there.
Get up with the 22ft academy and go that route.

Don't send them to a KHSAA sanctioned school and complain about the KHSAA sanctions.
zaga_fan Wrote:If you don't like the way the KHSAA does things...
by all means...
send your kids to Wabaco Christian Academy and let them play in the Christian league.
Send them over to Huntington Prep and let them play there.
Get up with the 22ft academy and go that route.

Don't send them to a KHSAA sanctioned school and complain about the KHSAA sanctions.

THEY HAVE RIGHTS< The KHSAA has never won A case yet. They have run out the clock but, the schools have figured out they can get around that by injunction. I suggest that the KHSAA start being consistent and when the times they will be faced with A decision, STOP trying to use cheap tricks and delays make the decision and move on. They never investigate They depend on cheap ass tricks. WHEN CHALLANGED THEY LOSE. They should always, Find ways to do the right things in favor of the student. I was informed that they were facing an audit. I personally think it is long overdue. Can you tell me any violation that has been addressed by KHSAA, what one player has done that would warrant running the clock on him.
Im like you Topnotch. Its sad that they screw with kids lives like they do. That two week to a month decision making crap is ridiculous. Sometimes playing sports is the highlight of a kids life. To me theres nothing wrong with that. I do hope they have an education to fall back on but sometimes they dont.
topnotch Wrote:THEY HAVE RIGHTS< The KHSAA has never won A case yet. They have run out the clock but, the schools have figured out they can get around that by injunction. I suggest that the KHSAA start being consistent and when the times they will be faced with A decision, STOP trying to use cheap tricks and delays make the decision and move on. They never investigate They depend on cheap ass tricks. WHEN CHALLANGED THEY LOSE. They should always, Find ways to do the right things in favor of the student. I was informed that they were facing an audit. I personally think it is long overdue. Can you tell me any violation that has been addressed by KHSAA, what one player has done that would warrant running the clock on him.

WHEN HAVE THEY BEEN INCONSISTENT?

I see nothing but consistency among the transfers and the processes around here.

Does it stink for the kids that don't get to play? Yes. But it's consistent.
hitter Wrote:If the kid chooses to do that on his own then it's not a recruit but if a coach asks the kid or hires his parents and pays them way more then they should make then it's recruiting

There is no rule about a parent getting a job!!! That's unAmerican hitter!!!
If a school hires a kid's parent and the kid comes with them to play ball the kid will be ruled eligible. GUARANTEED!

Maybe Rhodes should start hiring parents as assistants.
I hear he got rid of one the other day anyway.
topnotch Wrote:Zaga you are saying that it is fair to let a kid set there and waite while he watches maybe, his senior year and few games left go by while the KHSAA purposely will not give him a decision soley because they want to run out the clock. If you or any one else would use that tactic on a child. You are without a constitution. You would cheat in business, home, and all phases of life. Surley you don.t think that KHSAA is never wrong, Surly you believe in due process, You say by the book should be inegibile, WHO INTERPRETS THE RULE?? KHSAA They never were handed over the sole right to decide on rules. PEROID they can only give their opinion they are not a court of law. WE pay good tax dollars to courts that guarantee our constitutional rights, and due prossess. YOU MUST BE A LAWYER RUN OUT THE CLOCK ON A CHILD BULL SH@@.

Why are you not concerned about the "child" that doesn't get to play because a recruit is brought in and gets to play, that is deemed ineligible by the KHSAA? Why are you not concerned about the "child" that got sucker punched or "children" in the future that might get sucker punched or worse, by a "child" that is deemed ineligible by the KHSAA? You don't seem to care about those "children".
Some of you make it sound like the KHSAA invents these rules to pick on student/athletes.
The SCHOOLS set the rules. The SCHOOLS would have to be the ones to change them. Some of the schools don't want to follow the rules. The KHSAA is there to try to enforce them.
The KHSAA doesn't make anyone sit and watch their senior year. The students are always eligible to go back where they started.
HDE Wrote:Some of you make it sound like the KHSAA invents these rules to pick on student/athletes.
The SCHOOLS set the rules. The SCHOOLS would have to be the ones to change them. Some of the schools don't want to follow the rules. The KHSAA is there to try to enforce them.
The KHSAA doesn't make anyone sit and watch their senior year. The students are always eligible to go back where they started.

This
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Why are you not concerned about the "child" that doesn't get to play because a recruit is brought in and gets to play, that is deemed ineligible by the KHSAA? Why are you not concerned about the "child" that got sucker punched or "children" in the future that might get sucker punched or worse, by a "child" that is deemed ineligible by the KHSAA? You don't seem to care about those "children".

it is a competitive sport if he can't compete with other athletes maybe he should play intermurels or choose another activity, If we are going to have High school competitive sports keep the scoreboard, if we are going to guarantee each kid gets to play reguardless of his ability TAKE DOWN THE SCOREBOARD. Competition in life starts at a very young age and is so very very important, I think the kid should push himself to be better and deal with the competition. Competition will be with him for all his life sports may stop with highschool.
zaga_fan Wrote:This

NO NO the board of directors that they pick make the rules. The same ones are the ones who allow Basket Ball to be played year around. Football can't even have more than 10 days spring practice.
topnotch Wrote:it is a competitive sport if he can't compete with other athletes maybe he should play intermurels or choose another activity, If we are going to have High school competitive sports keep the scoreboard, if we are going to guarantee each kid gets to play reguardless of his ability TAKE DOWN THE SCOREBOARD. Competition in life starts at a very young age and is so very very important, I think the kid should push himself to be better and deal with the competition. Competition will be with him for all his life sports may stop with highschool.

Maybe the "recruit" should stay at their school and compete or choose another activity!!!

But if you can't compete in New Jersey, Mississippi, Canada or some other state or country, come to cordia.
topnotch Wrote:NO NO the board of directors that they pick make the rules. The same ones are the ones who allow Basket Ball to be played year around. Football can't even have more than 10 days spring practice.

The good football teams I know have everyone in the weight room just about year round, if they aren't playing another sport.

The schools pick the board.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Maybe the "recruit" should stay at their school and compete or choose another activity!!!

But if you can't compete in New Jersey, Mississippi, Canada or some other state or country, come to cordia.

OR Hazard, didn't they have one from Texas,I don't know that, seems like I picked that up from Huggy Bear. you may correct me if I am wrong.
topnotch Wrote:NO NO the board of directors that they pick make the rules. The same ones are the ones who allow Basket Ball to be played year around. Football can't even have more than 10 days spring practice.

The board of directors represent the schools.

Cordia is a private school that is publicly leased by Knott County schools.

Whenever that lease runs up they're welcome to go private and do whatever they want.

Until then... they are subject to the KHSAA's rules. It ain't that hard to understand. If Leslie County has a couple of kids transfer in from New York without their parents they well go through the same thing. Rules are rules.
zaga_fan Wrote:The board of directors represent the schools.

Cordia is a private school that is publicly leased by Knott County schools.

Whenever that lease runs up they're welcome to go private and do whatever they want.

Until then... they are subject to the KHSAA's rules. It ain't that hard to understand. If Leslie County has a couple of kids transfer in from New York without their parents they well go through the same thing. Rules are rules.

ZaGa would you, or anyone out there tell me exatly what rule was used by the KHSAA that would prohibit those players from playing. Don't come with what you heard or understand give me raw meat.; Have you read KHSAA reason or did it just say KHSAA has ruled --- to be ineligible.
It's been a while since I've done this... but topnotch has driven me to it.

zaga_fan has officially retired from this thread
Sorry I have one more did the KHSAA just fail or put off or refuse to give them a decision which would serve their agenda and run out the clock, Do you believe it would take 60 days for them to rule on their own rules. GIVE ME A BREAK
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6