Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky/ Louisville (Sweet 16)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
lets get this one started early as it will in headlines all week leading up to the game,both teams playing well but I think the young Cats has the mojo finally and don't think just because them beat them in DEC that they just roll into the next game,i think the CATS win 7-10 points and would be nice to play TN for chance to go to final 4..( but I think Michigan will be there waiting)
I think we will be fine as long as we hit our free throws like we did today.

As for Tenn/Mich, id much rather play Mich. I don't think there as good and Tenn can matchup with us pretty well.
I do not think I can wait till Friday for this game! I believe we are fine as long as we hit FT's like RIUTG said and also, we limit Russ Smith and not let him go off against us.
Guess who is going to see their very first Sweet 16 game Friday night????

GO CATS!!!!!
UK has to attack the rim!! If we don't attack the rim on Off. and Def., then Looserville will send us packing.

That has been the difference in the past few games that we have won....
Do we attempt to contain Russ Smith.....

Or do we attempt to Contain the other Dirty Bird players and let Russ Smith do his thing?
I think it's hilarious..
Here we are in the sweet 16 and everyone has downed this team and Cal all year long.
C'mon guys jump back on the wagon while its rolling.
I think that we all can agree that this game will come down to free throws.
If the Cats keep playing like they are they'll win by 12.
judgementday Wrote:I think that we all can agree that this game will come down to free throws.

If it does, I hope we hit them like we did against WS
Louisville wins by 23 and UK fires Cal before the postgame press conference, thus announcing Bobby Knight as the new UK head coach!
Geez, you know how to hit hard, don't you!!!!! You forgot Knight's assistant, Billy G.
Kentucky won this one earlier in the year...
but it was at Rupp.

The Cats have hit a rhythm and I see them winning this game as long as they can hold onto the ball.
Ballers Wrote:I think it's hilarious..
Here we are in the sweet 16 and everyone has downed this team and Cal all year long.
C'mon guys jump back on the wagon while its rolling.

I love how the national media has dogged this team all year and now they all have nothing but great things to say about them and are actting like they knew they were going to do good come tourney time when none of them had them picked to do well.

I had them picked to win the first two rounds and getting beat by UofL in third round. Sure hope I am wrong! If they play like they did Sunday, and Uof L plays like they have first two games, UK will win by 10+ points.
UK by 7. Ask Russ Smith what he thinks about playing UK,, again. He's worried. Was all I needed to know

And on a possible matchup with Tenn/Mich,, I'll take Mich 10/10 times. Tenn can match us,, plus they're playing like UK now.
I'm not saying either team is one you want to play... but be careful what you wish for with Michigan, because you might get it. I will be wearing royal blue if that game happens, but I don't think you're giving the Wolverines a lot of credit. They're a pretty darn good basketball team.
I hope Im wrong here but I say Cats by 6. As long as the twins play well UK plays well. If they get cocky and try to do everything themselves then UL wins. But UK has played well as of late. Which its about time they do. Too much talent on that team not to make a little noise this year
Kentucky will win this one...sure hope so :Cheerlead
Anyone read espn reseeding the sweet 16? Basically 3 of the 4 number 1 seeds stays the same,, minus Arizona and Florida flip flopping. UK is the new 3rd 1 seed. And loserville stays the same as a 4 seed. The only team of the other 15 that bothers me is,, Tennessee. I'm not remotely concerned over any other team.
sstack Wrote:I love how the national media has dogged this team all year and now they all have nothing but great things to say about them and are actting like they knew they were going to do good come tourney time when none of them had them picked to do well.

I had them picked to win the first two rounds and getting beat by UofL in third round. Sure hope I am wrong! If they play like they did Sunday, and Uof L plays like they have first two games, UK will win by 10+ points.

Ditto for me. I have the Cards in the Final Four. Russ Smith had one of his worst shooting games of his career in the game earlier this year. He missed all 5 three point attempts, was 7-20 from the field, and shot an uncharacteristic 5-10 from the Free Throw line. He just poorly and Montrez Harrell had not yet found his game. Russ Smith will not shoot as poorly as he did earlier this year, and he LOVES to play UK.

I think this comes down to the Cats keeping Harrell under control. And that means Willy staying out of foul trouble. Dakari looked very bad against an athletic Big Man when he could not keep up with Early. If Willy gets into foul trouble, the Cats will have trouble stopping Harrell, unless we can get him into foul trouble.

We also have to recognize that the Harrison twins have been the difference. If they both play the way they have since the LSU game in the SEC tournament, the Cats should control this game. If they don't, then the Cats have no chance!
If not for Massiello knowing what Lville was going to do, Lville would have killed manhattan.

With that said, I think UK isn't any better, there just finally listening. As sstack said, the so called experts have dogged this team ever since the loss to Mich State. There pathetic the majority of the time. Im still not convinced were a title contender just yet. I think were very capable of sliding back into out bad selves. Im just going to enjoy the good play until it happens, but its better than being at home.
Don't forget our misfortunes in Indy before. That 97 loss to Clemson in the first game, and bull crap loss to Zona in the championship still lingers in my mind. Atleast its not the RCA dome this time.
I thought ESPN's reseeding was funny as well. Myron Medcalf has finally decided UK is good lol.
Granny Bear Wrote:Guess who is going to see their very first Sweet 16 game Friday night????

GO CATS!!!!!

Take me.....

In all seriousness, how much are the tix?
I don't know; my daughter won't tell me. Both of her kids go to UK, and she's an impulse buyer. When UK won the other night, she had just got her income tax back and she couldn't wait to get on the internet.

She didn't even ask if we could go!! Just bought 5 tickets and a parking pass, gave us a call and said...be there!!

And I will. Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't know; my daughter won't tell me. Both of her kids go to UK, and she's an impulse buyer. When UK won the other night, she had just got her income tax back and she couldn't wait to get on the internet.

She didn't even ask if we could go!! Just bought 5 tickets and a parking pass, gave us a call and said...be there!!

And I will. Smile

Gee whiz Granny Bear.....

The time on this post says 4:43am...... I was roughly 17 minutes from waking up for the day... and your still going strong on here.

:yawn: Confusedleep:
^^^^^^^^

Ok, now I feel like a dummy....

My post says 4:56 am.... and I actually posted it at 7:10 am.
The BGR clock has always been off Pulp.

However, I have been at work since 5:30! LOVE to get here early; I get so much done before that dang phone starts!

Geez, I really hate to talk on the phone!!
Some how, we have to find a way to blame Stardust for the BGR clock being off.....
That's fairly easy to do!! After all, HE is an administrator and takes NO responsibility for the accuracy of the time!!!

tsk tsk
I'm allway late for work if i go by BGR clock. Confusederiously:
Actually, you should be a couple of hours EARLY!!!

Wink
Pages: 1 2