Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Most Sweet 16 coaching wins in history (updated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Billy Hicks 26. Corbin and Scott County (active)
2. Dale Mabry 22. PRP (active)
3. Earl Jones 19. Kavanaugh and Maysville
4. Russell Williamson 18. Inez
5. Ralph Carlisle 17. Madison and Lafayette
5. Chris Renner 17. Ballard (active)
7. Bill Arnston 16. Manual
7. Bobby Keith 16. Clay County
9. Letcher Norton 14. George Rogers Clark
9. Paul Jenkins 14. Ashland Blazer and Male
9. Bobby Watson 14. Owensboro.
How many more years will Hicks be on the sidelines?
Billy will be there 5 years. I say after the 7th graders that won the 7th grade state championship graduate. That is what I hear. The 7th, 8th, and 9th grade classes are loaded with talent.
How many does BMR have?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:How many does BMR have?

I was wondering the same thing. BMR has to be up there close to the top 10.
CoffeeBlack Wrote:I was wondering the same thing. BMR has to be up there close to the top 10.

I would guess that you are both correct. I would guess the KHSAA record books have overlooked BMR as they have Chris Renner. If you could tell me exactly which years BMR was head coach at Paintsville I would be happy to research his Sweet 16 wins. I know Paintsville High has 10 Sweet 16 wins in the last 20 years.
The best I can tell Runyon has 13 Sweet 16 victories which would put him barely below the top 10. My list includes:
1985- 1 win
1987- 2 wins
1996- 4 wins
1997- 2 wins
1998- 3 wins
2008- 1 win

Does anyone know of any more?
This would be easy to answer if you look at your program from this years Tournament. I forgot they didn't have one again this year at least the girls had a cheap $3.00 program. The KHSAA has said in the past that they lose money on the programs the last few years they sold them. I find that very hard to believe they lost money selling them.