Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County 62 Trinity 56 (KHSAA Sweet 16 Semi-Final)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Scott County will play either Cov Cath or Bowling Green in the Championship game

Gilbert with 36 for Scott County, 24 straight made FT's
Great game!!! Trinity wasted some valuable time late down 3 then took a bad shot. Gilbert can play, I think he has 1 D1 offer but after tomorrow he should gather up a few more!
MidnightRider Wrote:Great game!!! Trinity wasted some valuable time late down 3 then took a bad shot. Gilbert can play, I think he has 1 D1 offer but after tomorrow he should gather up a few more!

I have been watching the Sweet 16 for 23 years and high school basketball for 50 years. This may be one of the top 10 games I have ever watched. Both Trinity and Scott County played at a very high level. Both teams were well prepared. It's a shame one team had to lose. This game was like a heavy weight title fight with both boxers trading blows to the head. I think there were 10 lead changes and 6 ties.
rojas Wrote:I have been watching the Sweet 16 for 23 years and high school basketball for 50 years. This may be one of the top 10 games I have ever watched. Both Trinity and Scott County played at a very high level. Both teams were well prepared. It's a shame one team had to lose. This game was like a heavy weight title fight with both boxers trading blows to the head. I think there were 10 lead changes and 6 ties.

I actually told a friend of mine after the game that it was one of the best sweet 16 games I've seen.
Billie Hicks proving he can coach. Hope to see him bring home the big trophy again. He is the dean of Kentucky coaches. He is a gym rat who lives for basketball.
Was an amazing game to get to see. Gilbert has ice water running through his veins.
Ironic that Gilbert was 4-25 in the finals from the field and 0-2 from the line. Seeing that must make Trinity see green.
citykat Wrote:Ironic that Gilbert was 4-25 in the finals from the field and 0-2 from the line. Seeing that must make Trinity see green.

It happens to the best of them. Both Trinity and Scott County played fantastic in the semifinals.
citykat Wrote:Ironic that Gilbert was 4-25 in the finals from the field and 0-2 from the line. Seeing that must make Trinity see green.

It might also make Trinity wish they defended Gilbert the way Cov Cath did. Double teaming him, forcing the ball out of his hands and making him take tougher shots. For much of the game Trinity let Gilbert go one on one and do whatever he wanted to. Definitely agree with above posters, this was a high level game between two evenly matched teams!
11thRegionHoops Wrote:It might also make Trinity wish they defended Gilbert the way Cov Cath did. Double teaming him, forcing the ball out of his hands and making him take tougher shots. For much of the game Trinity let Gilbert go one on one and do whatever he wanted to. Definitely agree with above posters, this was a high level game between two evenly matched teams!

Actually, Billy Hicks stated that Trinity defended Gilbert every bit as well as Cov Cath. It was simply a matter of missing shots against Cov Cath and making shots against Trinity. It was Gilberts ONLY bad game of the entire season.
rojas Wrote:Actually, Billy Hicks stated that Trinity defended Gilbert every bit as well as Cov Cath. It was simply a matter of missing shots against Cov Cath and making shots against Trinity. It was Gilberts ONLY bad game of the entire season.

I agree with that to an extent. Gilbert hit some tough contested shots against Trinity, but for 90% of the game Trinity allowed him to go one on one and get those looks. Cov Cath ran two guys at Gilbert the majority of the game is the only distinction I was trying to make.
Cov Cath obviously looked and saw how Henry Clay defended Gilbert in the district and regional tournaments and saw a blueprint to slowing him down (Gilbert still put up decent numbers in those games).