Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 5 Powell County 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Short stop zach keesee hits 2 run double with two outs and two strikes top of seventh. Chase coverdale closed the game on the mound. The game ended on a double play turned by the short stop and second baseman brock turner. Great come from behind win for the bulldogs. Now 6 and 0 on the season.
Powell got screwed on a missed balk call by a "first time" umpire. Not sure if the guy even knew what a balk call was. good game by both teams.
Mikehoncho Wrote:Powell got screwed on a missed balk call by a "first time" umpire. Not sure if the guy even knew what a balk call was. good game by both teams.

was that the only bad call of the game? from what i heard, and wasn't there, lawrence had several calls from behind the plate on balls and strikes that were not favorable when they were on the mound. wasn't a one-sided bad call game.
I was there the umpire had really bad night. I do think from what I understand a balk is that it was a balk on our part. That being said pc only had the guy on first it did not cost them a run or effect the game other than it got the coaches of powell fired up.