Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co's Situation in Future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that twelve seniors can be good for one year only.What is powell going to do in the future.I see a foggy future with some talented,inexperienced sophmores and freshaman?What do you guys think
After this year I see Powell having some rebuilding years. They do have two very talented juniors who are expirenced, but they dont have that many sophmores or freshman playing. some of them are ok, but we'll have to wait and see.
I agree with Good4Three, the two juniors are very talented, but after that it gets a little weak. The thing im looking forward to is seeing how Coach Lively brings this young talent up in his system. You just never know, they just might be a better team in a couple of years.
After this year they will need to find some more talent to start varsity
my opinion is after this year it will need a year or two to rebuild and develop some experence from the younger players. there going to need more ppl to come out for the team and alot if commitment from the younger players that will have to work hard to become the best. The two present juniors will serve as good leaders and maybe some motivation for the lower-classmen
I have a hard time understanding how they could end up with so many seniors. Is it that no one even wanted to play besides the seniors they have now for a couple or three years? What was the old coach thinking to have so many of one grade playing at the same time? I just find it hard to belive that any other players in different grades wasnt good enough to be on the team.
What could possibly cause Powell County to go through 2 or 3 years with so few players playing in the other classes...except in this year's senior class!
It's no wonder that their immediate future looks dim. Evidently too much concentration on ONE class.
Its not that too much "concetration" is on one class, simpley the boys from other grades need to step it up inorder for powell to have a positive future. The coaches dont have control over what grades come out. This problem should have been fixed years earlier than to focus on it now. Alot of it possiabley had to do with the coaching staff that was there then, maybe with livley the boys will seee that he is a positive impact for the team and maybe give it a try.
i think it will be tough but they will prevail
yea they should . they have good size and athletes
i think powell will be good this year.. they are having jj play this year he is really good.. plus they have others to lead the team..
We will see about this year. They have the chance to be a really good team this year. As for the next few years they will have some things to work on.
Powell is gonna rock this year, but next year, Kinser and Banks are gonna have a hard senior year, being the only two seniors, but they will have Brewer and some of the other younger guys to back them up. It might be tough for them all but they will pull through, and in a year or so, i think they will have their strong team built back up.
If I remember right Brewer didnt play last year. He is a very good Basketball players, but he decided to just stick with baseball, which he is also very good at. So it probably only be Kinser and Banks as the Seniors for next year. Hopefully Brewer will come out to play though.
Powell Fan 1 Wrote:If I remember right Brewer didnt play last year. He is a very good Basketball players, but he decided to just stick with baseball, which he is also very good at. So it probably only be Kinser and Banks as the Seniors for next year. Hopefully Brewer will come out to play though.

I think BballRox is referring to Christian Brewer, a good looking freshmen point guard for the pirates.
Thats right. But I didnt know Christian Brewer would be playing varsity....is he??
yes he is as of right now with injuries to players he is the back-up point guard for the pirates and will see some action in varsity this year.
Yea you all are right, I was referring to Christian. He is pretty good to be a freshman, and if he gets to play varsity he will show his talent. He has a good future to look at I think.
hey good luck to powell.. they are going to be good this year but next year they will be good 2.. no one can hold my boy banks and kinser