Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County 64 Johnson Central 55 (KHSAA Sweet 16 Quarter-Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Scott County will face Louisville Trinity in the first semi-final tomorrow night at 6:30 PM!
Too many missed FT's for the Golden Eagles, make them and you win. Good game and congrats on a heck of a season and best of luck to the JCHS seniors!!!!
Sounded like JC played with a ton of heart!! Congratulations to them on a spectacular season, and good luck to all their Seniors.

Black Bear Cuz, I will now support Billy Hicks. First and foremost, I am a mountain team kind of woman.
0-12 from the 3 point line.
19-32 from the foul line.

JC's shots just didn't fall
Great season JC
JC had a great defensive game plan....

JC had several Scott Co. players in foul trouble early.... Scott County's #22 had very little PT in the 2nd qtr... JC just couldn't get their shots to fall.
Good season JC from Williamsburg nation and 64SUR. :rockon:
Johnson Central played great today, especially in the 3rd quarter. Congratulations on another great season.

To see how far Scott County has come and the great teams they have beaten this year with very limited depth and talent (other than Gilbert), this may be one of Hicks' best coaching jobs. No matter what happens the rest of the tournament, this group has over achieved this season.
Great showing by JC. Missed free throws and missed opportunities hurt them. Still a good run down here for a mountain team!
Scott Co. may not have many D-1 prospects like most years, but they still have some very nice talent to work with. Congrats and good Luck against Trinity.
Mountain Wrote:Scott Co. may not have many D-1 prospects like most years, but they still have some very nice talent to work with. Congrats and good Luck against Trinity.

The only real talent I see on SC is Gilbert. The others all play very hard.
rojas Wrote:The only real talent I see on SC is Gilbert. The others all play very hard.

Long is a prospect. He's bigger and stronger yet more mobile than I expected, and his touch on FTs was really soft. As for the rest of SC, I was a little under impressed. Gilbert's a good shooter, but JC actually looked like the more athletic team - and that's something I never thought I would say at a state tournament game about the 15th region team. Scott County is well coached, but if they play and Trinity play like the teams I saw yesterday, they're gonna get buzz sawed. JC would have too.
Diogenes Wrote:Long is a prospect. He's bigger and stronger yet more mobile than I expected, and his touch on FTs was really soft. As for the rest of SC, I was a little under impressed. Gilbert's a good shooter, but JC actually looked like the more athletic team - and that's something I never thought I would say at a state tournament game about the 15th region team. Scott County is well coached, but if they play and Trinity play like the teams I saw yesterday, they're gonna get buzz sawed. JC would have too.

Gilbert is a great shooter. Scott County being well coached is an understatement. It's hard to "buzz saw" a Billy Hicks coached team. He has a way of getting his team prepared for the biggest games.

I have watched Billy Hicks' teams since he began coaching at Evarts. No matter what happens tomorrow in the state finals, this team may be his most over-achieving team since the 1982/83 team at Evarts.
Congrats JC on another great season! And to those seniors, congrats to you all on an amazing career and putting JC in Rupp 3 years in a row. Some dream of playing in Rupp, you all made it there 3 times! Something special to hang your hats on!