Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs. Scott County (Elite 8)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's hear it....
Johnson Central coach Tommy McKenzie stated his game plan was for Hall to take the ball right at Long in an attempt to get Long out of the game. He also said JC could not stop Gilbert but that JC would make him work hard for his points.

This is not a typical Scott County team. Other than the smallish Gilbert, SC does not have a lot of talent. They do have Martini, a strong 6'3" garbage guy that seems to usually get 10 pts and 10 rebounds. Ware, is a good shooter and a good scorer in transition. Jones is a good scorer off the bench. Long is much improved but a work in progress. Scott County's strong suit is that they are extremely well coached in fundamentals and play very hard.

SC plays two defenses. They play "Solid" which is a basic man to man and "Heat" which is a run and jump trapping man to man. If they are well ahead they like to play Solid. If they are behind, watch out for Heat.
If JC wants to win this is their year. I haven't seen a dominate team this year.
Should a great basketball game....
Johnson central 70
Scott co 64
rojas Wrote:Johnson Central coach Tommy McKenzie stated his game plan was for Hall to take the ball right at Long in an attempt to get Long out of the game. He also said JC could not stop Gilbert but that JC would make him work hard for his points.

This is not a typical Scott County team. Other than the smallish Gilbert, SC does not have a lot of talent. They do have Martini, a strong 6'3" garbage guy that seems to usually get 10 pts and 10 rebounds. Ware, is a good shooter and a good scorer in transition. Jones is a good scorer off the bench. Long is much improved but a work in progress. Scott County's strong suit is that they are extremely well coached in fundamentals and play very hard.

SC plays two defenses. They play "Solid" which is a basic man to man and "Heat" which is a run and jump trapping man to man. If they are well ahead they like to play Solid. If they are behind, watch out for Heat.

Typical Billy Hicks!!!

This will be a great game, but even if it isn't you will have all the entertainment you can stand from Coach Hicks. Best performance coach during the game I have ever seen.
Scott by 18 late
I agree, the refs also get their money's worth with Hicks. Scott Co. got a really good draw, they should win this game by 10-15 points. Good Luck to both teams.
Good luck JC. Would love to see u guys Give Billy H something to really cry about. To me he acts like a spoiled 3 yr old on the side lines.
:hilarious: