Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 58 Campbell County 56 Sweet 16 1st Round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Rupp Arena
The senior leadership and the previous 2 trips was the difference
I can't wait to see Stardust and his new Eagle Head avatar.
Johnson Central (26-6) vs. Scott County (33-3) in Friday afternoon quarterfinals following Hopkinsville (31-2) vs. Trinity (30-5).
Congratulations from London Kentucky and Williamsburg nation on a big win Johnson Central from 64SUR......KEEP COAL ALIVE :worthy:
that's what a Sweet 16 game should look like, awesome ballgame. Congrats Johnson Central on the victory, congrats Campbell County on a great season. Better to go out like that than blown out.

I still can't believe Campbell turned it over while holding for the last shot. Great defensive play by Adkins.

CC soph. Matt Wilson scores 16 and pulls down 21 rebounds against Shane Hall, wow. Hey Dusty, is Wilson the tall QB?
Not sure on the stats....

But JC missed several easy baskets... Shots they normally don't miss
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I can't wait to see Stardust and his new Eagle Head avatar.

Eagledust avatar that going to hurt. :biglmao:
Tommy McKenzie hits the end of game FTs in JC's only prior state tournament victory in 2000.

Now he comes back as the head coach to lead JC to its second-ever state tournament victory.

Clearly, Coach McKenzie has cemented his spot in JC and the 15th Region history. Great game tonight by all the Eagles, and the experience shows in the clutch.
Congrats JC!
Congrats JC
Campbell County has some good shooters....
And they were fast... They didn't have JC's size
Some notable stats for Johnson Central:

03. Braxton Blair: 5 points, 6 assists
13. Truman Salyer: 15 points, fouled out
21. Kyle Gullett: 22 points, 9 rebounds
24. Shane Hall: 9 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists

Some notable stats for Campbell County:

15. Deandre Jackson: 16 points
14. Matt Wilson: 16 points, 21 rebounds, 4-4 FT
30. Corey Holbrook: 18 points, 6 rebounds

KHSAA Stats: Johnson Central vs. Campbell County
Diogenes Wrote:Tommy McKenzie hits the end of game FTs in JC's only prior state tournament victory in 2000.

Now he comes back as the head coach to lead JC to its second-ever state tournament victory.

Clearly, Coach McKenzie has cemented his spot in JC and the 15th Region history. Great game tonight by all the Eagles, and the experience shows in the clutch.

IMO McKenzie is the best coach in JC basketball history! Congrats Coach McKenzie!
Congrats JC.

Might as well keep winning while youre at it!
toussaints Wrote:that's what a Sweet 16 game should look like, awesome ballgame. Congrats Johnson Central on the victory, congrats Campbell County on a great season. Better to go out like that than blown out.

I still can't believe Campbell turned it over while holding for the last shot. Great defensive play by Adkins.

CC soph. Matt Wilson scores 16 and pulls down 21 rebounds against Shane Hall, wow. Hey Dusty, is Wilson the tall QB?

When they pulled the ball out and started to hold it. I knew it was over. That played right into the hands of this JC Team. I have watched them do this way to many times.

They just buckle down, play hard defense and just wait for you to make a mistake. When you do....They do what they did tonight. Nice Win JC.
Congrats Thomcat, but I respect you for being sensible and not making the ridiculous "blowout" predictions that others didn't have the guts to stand behind.

Great game. If JC is a three time defending Region champ, then the Camels are going to be a juggernaut with this Junior Class. Hands down, no debating about it, Matt Wilson was the best player on the floor, and not knocking Shane Hall, but there was no one on the floor that could stop Wilson from dominating the paint.

The JC defense forced the young Camel team into errant passes all night, but none bigger than the end of the game. As poorly as JC was at the line tonight, it was a complete shocker that the Camels gave up the uncontested layup at the end of the game instead of fouling. I thought the the JC coaches held their timeouts wisely in the 2nd half and made great decisions to call timeouts after made baskets to set up the press. If I am a JC fan, I feel very lucky to get out of Rupp to fight another day, because they were outplayed tonight.

The flip side is, I think the winner of this game was going to to be a very unimpressive Scott County. Good luck to the Eagles Friday, they should get the chance to play on Saturday.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Not sure on the stats....

But JC missed several easy baskets... Shots they normally don't miss

Well, that was probably because the did not play against someone like Wilson. Wilson dominated the paint against three players his size. He altered virtually everything that went inside by JC.
toussaints Wrote:that's what a Sweet 16 game should look like, awesome ballgame. Congrats Johnson Central on the victory, congrats Campbell County on a great season. Better to go out like that than blown out.

Yes he is, and where it's not widely done in NKY, Matt could be a Freshman but he was not held back. He did give up baseball this year to focus on passing camps.
Stardust, my friend you have never looked better on Rivals. Feel free to enjoy your avatar for the next 30 days and feel free to support us for the next few days. Enjoyed our pregame visit. I was very impressed with your team. They would be fun to watch if you were not trying to beat them. Your team outplayed mine for most of the night but thankfully the end mattered the most. I was really impressed by Wilson. He has a bright future. Watched him a lot in warm ups and he was stroking from all over the floor. I feel very lucky this morning as I feel that we did not perform to our capability. Even with us playing here the last two years, nerves still play a big part for 16-17 year old kids. Campbell County had a defense that has to get some of the credit. The future for the Camels is bright, enjoy it.
Sounds to me as if the Camels are already a juggernaut. I wanted to see this game soooo much, but just couldn't make it.

Keeping up with it as much as I could, it sounded like a real barn burner!!

Congratulations to both teams!! Way to represent, Johnson Central!!

Now, take it to those Cardinals!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Sounds to me as if the Camels are already a juggernaut. I wanted to see this game soooo much, but just couldn't make it.

Keeping up with it as much as I could, it sounded like a real barn burner!!

Congratulations to both teams!! Way to represent, Johnson Central!!

Now, take it to those Cardinals!!

You're not for your ole Harlan County boy Granny?
^
What can I say?? HE chose to leave the mountains!! LOL

Now, if we can persuade him to come BACK to Harlan County, THAT might be cause for a change of heart!!

Wink
Congrats to Johnson Central.
Congrats JC.
Granny Bear Wrote:^
What can I say?? HE chose to leave the mountains!! LOL

Now, if we can persuade him to come BACK to Harlan County, THAT might be cause for a change of heart!!

Wink

Oh crap. I left too. LOL. In all seriousness, I suspect he may have been your coach if M. Jones had not rescinded his resignation a couple years ago. But it all worked out for the best for everyone involved.
Congrats JC and good luck next game. Represent the 15th.

Nice avatar Dusty.

Is this the first time you have had an avatar that was not Dusty Rhodes?
Congrats to the Camels on their season and best wishes to the Seniors. Congratulation to the Eagles and continued success in the tourney. :Thumbs:
Twins avatar for Stardust and THOMCAT Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Twins avatar for Stardust and THOMCAT Confusednicker:

Under normal conditions, I might rub a little salt in the wound, but Stardust seemed like a decent guy. Really enjoyed our meeting last night. I'm sure with him being a "northerner", high school football would end up straining our friendship. But for the time being, I will enjoy the next 30 days because as we know, he loves posting so much, the Eagle avatar will fly high for the next 30 days. Who knows, he may like it so much that he keeps it. NOT. Dust, my friend, I bet you are counting down the days.
Pages: 1 2