Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region All Region Players/Coach of Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://middlesborodailynews.com/news/spo...er-of-Year

Congrats to all the Girls!:Cheerlead:Clap::popcorn:

Why hasn't this made the news in the Corbin Paper Fear Les? Could it be a few players made 1st Team you didn't like?:lame:
For you people who don't like to surf much!!!Confusednicker::betterthanexpected:

Players are listed in order of votes received.

First Team

Maci Morris (JR.) — Bell Co.

Brandi Smith (SR.) — Whitley Co.

Miranda Wilson (SR.) — Corbin

Blair Green (8th) — Middlesboro

Jordan Brock (FR.) — Harlan

Brooklyn Massingill (SO.) — Harlan Co.

Kayla Wilson (SR.) — Corbin

Kandace Craig (SR.) — Whitley Co.

Morgan Garnett (SR.) — Bell Co.

*Jessica May (SR.) — Lynn Camp / Jourdan Ledford (SR.) – Harlan

*Tie in votes so both make 1st team.

Second Team

Ajaycia Cotton (JR.) – Clay Co.

Jessica Sanders (JR.) – Bell Co.

Sara Robinson (SR.) – Clay Co.

Kara Erslan (SR.) – Barbourville

Kelsey Erslan (SR.) – Barbourville

Amber Mills (SR.) – Barbourville

Sarah Ashley (SR.) – Corbin

Kate Stittums (SR.) – Harlan Co.

Kayla Bruner (SO.) – North Laurel

Tyra McNeil (SR.) – Knox Central

Third Team

Devin Enix (SR.) — Pineville

Bella Noe (JR.) — Harlan Co.

Maria Johnson (SR.) — Whitley Co.

Shannon Shackleford (SR.) — Harlan Co.

Heather Wilson (SR.) — Lynn Camp

Emily Bianchi (FR.) — Harlan

Katrina Johnson (SO.) — Bell Co.

Bailey Hensley (SO.) — Middlesboro

Madison Kehler (SO.) — OBI

Kelli Smith (SO.) — Bell Co.

Player of the Year: Maci Morris - Bell Co.

Coach of the Year: David Teague – Bell Co.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:http://middlesborodailynews.com/news/spo...er-of-Year

Congrats to all the Girls!:Cheerlead:Clap::popcorn:

Why hasn't this made the news in the Corbin Paper Fear Les? Could it be a few players made 1st Team you didn't like?:lame:

No South Laurel players on it, so it doesn't make the cut.:eyeroll:
SEKYFAN Wrote:No South Laurel players on it, so it doesn't make the cut.:eyeroll:

This was voted by 13th Region Coaches. Who would you have listed from South Laurel?:pondering:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:This was voted by 13th Region Coaches. Who would you have listed from South Laurel?:pondering:

I believe he is referring to Les Dixion and the Corbin Times not having anything about it in there paper because no one from South made the team. Les likes Corbin Sports about as much as you do.
insideinfo Wrote:I believe he is referring to Les Dixion and the Corbin Times not having anything about it in there paper because no one from South made the team. Les likes Corbin Sports about as much as you do.

Thank you. I'm glad someone understood what I was implying.
Congrats to Brandi Smith on winning the KABC player of the year for the 13th region...

CORBIN — By Chris Parsons / Sports Editor WHITLEY COUNTY — Coming in to the 2013-14 basketball season, Whitley County Lady Colonels’ senior Brandi Smith was tabbed as one of the top players in the 13th Region. With the regular season and 13th Region Tournament now in the books, Smith was officially named the best player in the region when she was awarded 13th Region Player of the Year by the Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches. Smith averaged 20 points per game this season and became just the second Lady Colonel to reach the 2,000 point mark during a game against Casey County this season. Smith is the third Whitley County player to earn the award, following Heather Taylor in 2003 and Chrissy Powers in 1998. Whitley County head coach Donnie Jones said it was no surprise to him for Smith to get the award given the way she carries herself on and off the basketball court. “Brandi is one of those kids that is a leader on and off the court,” Jones said. “She’s done a really good job for us and she’s one of those kids that has started for four years. “She’s gotten better each year and even though she’s a scorer, she does more than just score points,” he added. “She always seems to find an open teammate and I always felt like she was a step or two ahead of everybody else on the court.” As a four-year starter Smith helped guide the Lady Colonels to an 82-38 record over the past four seasons, including a 50th District Championship in 2012. While Smith is currently undecided as to where she will play her collegiate basketball, Jones said he expects her to make a decision soon. “Brandi has some options as to what she wants to do and I’m sure she’ll make the right decision,” Jones said. “The important thing is that she go somewhere that’s a good fit for her and her style of play.” - See more at: http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/x7...qXjFi.dpuf

Also, she led the east ky all stars in scoring and a win over the west ky all stars.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Congrats to Brandi Smith on winning the KABC player of the year for the 13th region...

CORBIN — By Chris Parsons / Sports Editor WHITLEY COUNTY — Coming in to the 2013-14 basketball season, Whitley County Lady Colonels’ senior Brandi Smith was tabbed as one of the top players in the 13th Region. With the regular season and 13th Region Tournament now in the books, Smith was officially named the best player in the region when she was awarded 13th Region Player of the Year by the Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches. Smith averaged 20 points per game this season and became just the second Lady Colonel to reach the 2,000 point mark during a game against Casey County this season. Smith is the third Whitley County player to earn the award, following Heather Taylor in 2003 and Chrissy Powers in 1998. Whitley County head coach Donnie Jones said it was no surprise to him for Smith to get the award given the way she carries herself on and off the basketball court. “Brandi is one of those kids that is a leader on and off the court,” Jones said. “She’s done a really good job for us and she’s one of those kids that has started for four years. “She’s gotten better each year and even though she’s a scorer, she does more than just score points,” he added. “She always seems to find an open teammate and I always felt like she was a step or two ahead of everybody else on the court.” As a four-year starter Smith helped guide the Lady Colonels to an 82-38 record over the past four seasons, including a 50th District Championship in 2012. While Smith is currently undecided as to where she will play her collegiate basketball, Jones said he expects her to make a decision soon. “Brandi has some options as to what she wants to do and I’m sure she’ll make the right decision,” Jones said. “The important thing is that she go somewhere that’s a good fit for her and her style of play.” - See more at: http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/x7...qXjFi.dpuf

Also, she led the east ky all stars in scoring and a win over the west ky all stars.

More importantly, she's a great kid as well.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:For you people who don't like to surf much!!!Confusednicker::betterthanexpected:

Players are listed in order of votes received.

First Team

Maci Morris (JR.) — Bell Co.

Brandi Smith (SR.) — Whitley Co.

Miranda Wilson (SR.) — Corbin

Blair Green (8th) — Middlesboro

Jordan Brock (FR.) — Harlan

Brooklyn Massingill (SO.) — Harlan Co.

Kayla Wilson (SR.) — Corbin

Kandace Craig (SR.) — Whitley Co.

Morgan Garnett (SR.) — Bell Co.

*Jessica May (SR.) — Lynn Camp / Jourdan Ledford (SR.) – Harlan

*Tie in votes so both make 1st team.

Second Team

Ajaycia Cotton (JR.) – Clay Co.

Jessica Sanders (JR.) – Bell Co.

Sara Robinson (SR.) – Clay Co.

Kara Erslan (SR.) – Barbourville

Kelsey Erslan (SR.) – Barbourville

Amber Mills (SR.) – Barbourville

Sarah Ashley (SR.) – Corbin

Kate Stittums (SR.) – Harlan Co.

Kayla Bruner (SO.) – North Laurel

Tyra McNeil (SR.) – Knox Central

Third Team

Devin Enix (SR.) — Pineville

Bella Noe (JR.) — Harlan Co.

Maria Johnson (SR.) — Whitley Co.

Shannon Shackleford (SR.) — Harlan Co.

Heather Wilson (SR.) — Lynn Camp

Emily Bianchi (FR.) — Harlan

Katrina Johnson (SO.) — Bell Co.

Bailey Hensley (SO.) — Middlesboro

Madison Kehler (SO.) — OBI

Kelli Smith (SO.) — Bell Co.

Player of the Year: Maci Morris - Bell Co.

Coach of the Year: David Teague – Bell Co.

Can't understand why Jason McDaniels was not coach of the year. He clearly out coached Teague in the region. Jones should get flop of the year. Whitley was loaded with talent and he blew it,
I believe these are voted on at the end of January. I've never liked that with so much season left.
^
Agreed.
Teague had no reason to be named COY.
That should have went to JMac.
I had the pleasure of meeting all 3 of Whitley seniors over the years and all of them are class act.
Hello,

My name is John Jordan and I am the new head womens coach at Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte, NC. We are a brand new 4 year program just starting this Fall and I am looking for players. If you know of anyone who is still looking it could be a great opportunity. We are in the heart of uptown Charlotte with incredible facilities, condo style dorms and a great educational approach. We got excellent financial aid packages to work with. I had several girls from Kentucky play for me at my previous college in Missouri. In fact, one of them was Ashlee Cole from Hopkinsville. She was a first team All American this year. My contact info is below.

John Jordan
Head Womens Basketball Coach
Johnson and Wales University
801 W. Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202
Office - 980-598-1846 Fax - 980-598-1802 Cell - 704-253-2006

Lady Wildcat Basketball..No Tame In Our Game!
The Morris girl was best player I saw all year.