Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Player and Coaches of the Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches will recognize the players and coaches of the year from each of the 16 regions during this week’s Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys’ Sweet Sixteen in Rupp Arena.

1st Region

Player of the year: Patrick Hulbert, St. Mary
Coach of the year: Bruce Lane, Calloway County

2nd Region

Player of the year: Tra Edwards, Hopkinsville
Coach of the year: Tim Haworth, Hopkinsville

3rd Region

Player of the year: Jacob Revlett, McLean County
Co-coaches of the year: Brian Robinson, Frederick Fraize and Josh Roberts, Hancock County

4th Region

Player of the year: Chris Porter-Bunton, Warren Central
Coach of the year: Warren Cunningham, Barren County

5th Region

Player of the year: Caleb Wiggington, Taylor County
Coach of the year: James Haire, Elizabethtown

6th Region

Player of the year: Lamontray Harris, PRP
Coach of the year: John Mingus, DeSales

7th Region

Player of the year: Quentin Snider, Ballard
Coach of the year: David Henley, Eastern

8th Region

Player of the year: Ralphie Stone, Collins
Coach of the year: Steven Simpson, South Oldham

9th Region

Player of the year: Brandon Hatton, Dixie Heights
Coach of the year: Ron Dawn, Newport Central Catholic

10th Region

Player of the year: Brent Bach, Augusta
Coach of the year: Chris O’Hearn, Mason County

11th Region

Player of the year: Jackson Davis, Lafayette
Coach of the year: Mike Mendenhall III, Lafayette

12th Region

Player of the year: Daulton Peters, West Jessamine
Coach of the year: Rodney Woods, Wayne County

13th Region

Player of the year: Jordan Fox, Jackson County
Co-coaches of the year: Brian Evans, Knox Central and Jerry Overby, Whitley County

14th Region

Player of the year: Justin Johnson, Perry Central
Coach of the year: Robert Hammonds, Letcher Central

15th Region

Player of the year: Shane Hall, Johnson Central
Coach of the year: Frank Smith, Sheldon Clark

16th Region

Player of the year: Troy Steward, Fleming County
Coach of the year: Brandon Baker, East Carter

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2014/03/...s-of-year/
Can only seniors get this award. Cause Johnson isn't even the best player on his team let alone the best in the 14th region.
Newport Central Catholic's head coach is Ron Dawn
Ike Cooter Wrote:Can only seniors get this award. Cause Johnson isn't even the best player on his team let alone the best in the 14th region.

I'm pretty sure it's seniors only, but Johnson is the best player on his team and second in the region behind Justice of Knott.
Would have to agree with Ike. Justice is the best in the 14th. Beverly was probably more important to PCC than Johnson. Plus Hudson from Hazard and Hall from Knott could argue that they are just as good as Johnson.
I don't know how you can be 13th region coach of the year when your team doesn't even play in the district finals or you're preseason 1-2 and get bounced in the first round of region with double digit losses. No issue with Fox as player of thee year at all. Tony P should've gotten that award.
I also think Tony P. did a heckuva job at Corbin but I think Marcum should have gotten the nod in the 13th. He did a great job getting his team clicking by the regional tourny. He had to temper a lot of young egos.
Really surprised that Josh Cook didn't win Coach of the year in the 15th. He is doing an amazing job w/ that team, all sophomores and 1 junior I think. That really surprises me.
DawgFather1 Wrote:Really surprised that Josh Cook didn't win Coach of the year in the 15th. He is doing an amazing job w/ that team, all sophomores and 1 junior I think. That really surprises me.

Absolutely agree!. Who votes on this stuff anyways?
not to mention 2 freshmen!
I can't understand why Marcum didn't get 13th Region Coach of the year with Back 2 Back Region titles and Region Runner-Up the year before that. He has done a nice job getting Clay Back On Top. Also add Wymt Title the first year he coached.
Go Big Clay!
Congrats to all players and coaches.
Count Wrote:I also think Tony P. did a heckuva job at Corbin but I think Marcum should have gotten the nod in the 13th. He did a great job getting his team clicking by the regional tourny. He had to temper a lot of young egos.

Clay also had to find a good fit for the transfers.
footballfever Wrote:Clay also had to find a good fit for the transfers.

That was a chore in itself. Confusednicker:
UKCC Wrote:I don't know how you can be 13th region coach of the year when your team doesn't even play in the district finals or you're preseason 1-2 and get bounced in the first round of region with double digit losses. No issue with Fox as player of thee year at all. Tony P should've gotten that award.

I totally agree.
The coaches of the year are voted on by OTHER COACHES IN THEIR REGION....their competitors in other words....mad respect!! They have the respect of their peers, what an honor!!