Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 11 Breathitt County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Breathitt County

Estill County starting pitcher Jacob Tuttle goes 5 striking out 11. French comes on to finish the game.
Big win for Estill
Breathitt hung with them until the 4th or 5th and then youth set in. Breathitt didn't hit Tuttle very good. Tuttle pitched a great game. Breathitt had nothing but freshman in the infield and an 8th grader and played well. This young group will make a great team in a year or so. Maybe by the end of the year if they can get their bats going. Good win for Estill.
I've not posted on here in about 3 yrs, but I've been reading all this time. All I can say is, look at the last 3-4 years. Estill comes out early in the year, they struggle with the bats an then they get rolling and always seem to get overlooked. I know all of these kids personally and when they get the bats going all out, and with all the pitching this squad has they are gonna be very, very dangerous!! Everybody talks about Tuttle pitching but they forget French, Sparks, Farmer and others who pitched last season and had really good years. In stretches last season Sparks looked like our top pitcher, then Farmer would come on and look like one of the top 2 in the staff. Guys, this team is really gonna be no pushover, and I'm excited for em. It was an honor for me to be with them for 4 years, now I get to sit back and watch.
Estill Co. 000 315 2—11 9 3

Breathitt Co. 000 000 0—0 3 6

Tuttle, French (6) and McKinney; Lawson, Erp (5), Stacy (7) and Adams. W—Tuttle (1-0). L—Lawson (0-1). S—French (1). 2B—E: French.

Records—Estill Co. 1-0, Breathitt Co. 0-1.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/15/31412...rylink=cpy
Breathitt looked good until around the fourth inning. They struggled with hitting and made errors that shouldn't been made.