Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: High School & Shot Clocks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
High school basketball needs this teribly we went to hawiai several years ago they had one made it much more interesting
Basketball is a game of Energy, the unstoppable force( offense) against the unmovable object(defense) and is played in a given time, why not have each possession timed. Play the game fully to the end. I think it would make for a better game. That's just my opinion.
In the girls Sweet 16 finals Butler held the ball for 2 minutes in the 4th quarter while E'town refused to come out and attack them with their defense. Who went into a stall, Butler or E'town?
It is the responsiblity of the defense in your example.
a shot clock forces the offense to shoot the ball quicker in certain situations. Defenses will have more options, but I don't see it helping or hurting enough to make a strong difference. I like the shot clock, but how would this effect the schools? Would they have to buy a shot clock or would the refs keep the count?
Just for fun I researched the cost of this popular idea. Varsity is a popular scoreboard purchased by schools. To purchase a shot clock that is compatible with the existing scoreboard is $1595 plus the cost of installation. If a school doesn't have a score board that would be compatible to a shot clock then get ready for a sizable investment. Just think how much fun schools would have trying to install new technology all at once over the entire state/country. Someone let me know when this will occur so I can buy stock in electronic score keeping companies.
Pages: 1 2