Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LSU/Kentucky (Round 3) Sec Tournment 3/14/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well the Cats coming off losing 3 out of there last 4 and not playing well ,get a team they had trouble with both games because of the LSU bigs and Hickey wanted to rip there heart for not taking him.i really don't know what to think about this 1,but if they play like they have been then they get beat by 12-15..but GO CATS..
This will be like a home game for UK due to the BBN, but unless UK gets out of this funk they're in, they won't win this one.

UK 71
LSU 74
I'm anxious to see what this "tweak" that Calipari made in the offense that's apparently changed the identity of this team. I read somewhere that they had the pads and helmets on during practice (which isn't completely unusual) to encourage more physical play. That'll be a must as LSU is a tough/hard nosed team.

The Harrison's have to be able to stop the ball when LSU tries to get out in transition. That's the key to the game if you ask me. Solid transition defense from the twins is a MUST. Hickey has 31 points 14 assists 5 steals and only ONE turnover against UK in the two games this season, and somebody's gotta try and step up and slow down O'Bryant. The kid can just flat out play. Gotta have a big game effort out of Randle, he's pretty much done nothing but get rebounds against them in both games this season aside from the put-back to win the game.

I honestly can't make a prediction because I don't know what UK team will show up. Hopefully they can make a big turn around. I'll go with the Cats 79-73.
We better be careful
The way UK has been playing! they have been playing terrible..losing 3 out their last 4! Personally, unless UK comes out physical and get the boards, and stop Johnny! they will not win! Johnny has not been stopped yet and now this is the SEC Tournament! Better believe he and the rest of the LSU squad will be fired up!
We'll see how this goes for UK and playing on a neutral floor as they seem to play a little better on. We know they suck at home and home games in SEC play. This should dictate how they'll do in yhe ncaa. I'm not holding my breath though.
Well I guess that answers that question about neutral courts. Just will this carry over to the next game? I still couldn't tell what the tweak was. But it must have worked..
Big win but still not sold on the cats. Feel lsu played bad. UK terrible at foul line still, selfish play still, stand around on offense and twins not much of scoring threat. Did do good job on rebounding (this is what wins games for them), better D play and willie looked good.
^
I don't think we played good.
LSU just sucked it up in all honesty.
I thought we played awesome for about 10 minutes and just good enough the rest. That one stretch was the best they'd played in the last 2 years
alfus21 Wrote:I thought we played awesome for about 10 minutes and just good enough the rest. That one stretch was the best they'd played in the last 2 years
LSU coach was exactly right when he said on offense all UK has is fast break points and points off busted plays. They have no half court offense.
I don't know about you all but I'd love to see Cauley-Stein and Dakari Johnson on the floor at the same time on a regular basis. Those two were absolutely brilliant tonight. I'd be curious to see how they would work together. Slide Randle to the 3, Young to the 2, and Andrew Harrison at the point. Talk about a mis-match nightmare for teams. Maybe play a zone also out of it, utilize the length.
A lot of posters downplaying how the Cats played and I try to be realistic and not view everything through blue-tinted glasses, but it was very obvious to see this was a better team than what we have seen the last 3 weeks. A lot more shot-challenging and hands up on defense. Rebounding and shot blocking were great. Penetration and kicking out for threes and ball movement was much better. Being challenged in the second half and responding and building the lead back was a positive. Even the most jaded fans should say this game was a marked improvement even though it was not perfect. BTW, saying LSU didn't play great is also saying that UK contributed to them not playing great. Much more energy and spirit and having a little fun helped out.
Pupaw Wrote:I don't know about you all but I'd love to see Cauley-Stein and Dakari Johnson on the floor at the same time on a regular basis. Those two were absolutely brilliant tonight. I'd be curious to see how they would work together. Slide Randle to the 3, Young to the 2, and Andrew Harrison at the point. Talk about a mis-match nightmare for teams. Maybe play a zone also out of it, utilize the length.

I noticed while those two were in we were much more effective. Im really skeptical that we can continue that against bigger teams though.
Were hard to guard with that lineup, but we really don't have that go to player.

As sstack said, LSU's coach was spot on.
It seems the only time we score is when were on a fast break and get an easy bucket, or we grab an offensive rebound and stick it back in. We lead the country in offensive rebounds, and if we didn't, we might not have a winning record. Its one of the very few good things we got going for us.
this looks like the team I expected to see all year. GO CATS. :Cheerlead
Seems like most if you guys are wasting your talent working whatever jobs you have. Some of you should be head coaching in college basketball or at the very least, head scouts.....

UK finally made lsu look like the 19-12 team they are. I thought for a second when stringer hit another 40 foot three (just like in the previous two meetings) that lsu would play above their heads, but UK said, not this time. Hell, o'brien could just throw the ball behind his head and it was going in the hoop in the other two games. Agreed, best they have looked in a month.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Seems like most if you guys are wasting your talent working whatever jobs you have. Some of you should be head coaching in college basketball or at the very least, head scouts.....

UK finally made lsu look like the 19-12 team they are. I thought for a second when stringer hit another 40 foot three (just like in the previous two meetings) that lsu would play above their heads, but UK said, not this time. Hell, o'brien could just throw the ball behind his head and it was going in the hoop in the other two games. Agreed, best they have looked in a month.

We all agree.
After all who would talk about something like coaching and sports? Don't they have sports forums on the internet for that kind of talk?:biglmao: