Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg vs Belfry Predictions and Bets!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Blackcats plays the Pirates @ Belfry this coming Friday and it should be a pretty good game...This has been a big rivalry game for the longest time now and I was wondering what everyone thought the outcome is going to be???
I'm from Pburg and i always enjoy playing belfry i've played against them for well this makes the 3rd year now and its the best atmosphere in football period to be apart..i have played in some of the best games in high school 2a mountain football simply because belfry and prestonsburg play with their ears pinned back and let everything fly neither team has any regrets after the game both sides leave it on the field and i'm honest when i say this the OUTCOME is unpredictable IMO its just one of those games anything could happen and its like this every year....Goodluck to both teams Friday!!
PHS_JT Wrote:I'm from Pburg and i always enjoy playing belfry i've played against them for well this makes the 3rd year now and its the best atmosphere in football period to be apart..i have played in some of the best games in high school 2a mountain football simply because belfry and prestonsburg play with their ears pinned back and let everything fly neither team has any regrets after the game both sides leave it on the field and i'm honest when i say this the OUTCOME is unpredictable IMO its just one of those games anything could happen and its like this every year....Goodluck to both teams Friday!!

I agree 100%:Thumbs:
I pesronally think that this is one of the hardest fought games of the season and I look forward to it each and every year simply because I think it is the best rivalry game in the state. No one really knows whats going to happen. They just know that no matter which team comes out on top that they earned it
good luck to both teams this Friday and may the best team win
Closer than it looks to outsiders.... Belfry and PBurg peeps know how this is fought out .....
This will be one for the ages! I look for the Pirates to pull out the win by a TD. Lets see where your points will be placed on this one!
Should be a good one... Good luck to both teams.. but I will be cheering for my Cats to pull out the victory
I don't think I'm going to risk anything on it. LOL. Belfry looks better on the stat sheet, but we all know how stats mean nothing in this game. It's whoever wants it more. I know Prestonsburg would love to win this game so they can wrap up 1st place (assuming they beat their last couple of district opponents). I think this game will be close the whole way through. I know the past couple of years, the final score has been rather lopsided, but the score doesn't indicate what kind of game it really was. Both teams will give it all they got and that's all you can ask for from either side. You can guarantee the hits will be harder, the line will protect better, and the fans will be energized more than any other game of the year. Can't wait to see this game. Go Cats!!
I'm gonna go for Belfry inna war. And from what I've heard with Belfry moving up to AAA next year this may be the last Belfry-Prestonsburg matchup..I hope it's one for the ages.
P-burg is a good and solid team this year, but I'm going to go with Belfry in this one. The Pirates almost came out of Putnam Stadium with a win and we seen that P-burg couldn't beat Ashland, even though it was closer than the score appeared.

I'll say Belfry by 10.
This will not be one for the ages. Belfry is going to DESTROY Prestonsburg.
Just like Sheldon Clark did huh? Rolleyes :thumpsup:
BCF4L Wrote:Just like Sheldon Clark did huh? Rolleyes :thumpsup:

i get it BCF4L. i was WRONG. You happy?? i was WRONG! But i havent been wrong too many other times on this board. and i wont be wrong about this game either. i had a skewed view of my cardinals due to my biased. i have no dog in this fight, but, from seeing both teams play in live action, Belfry is in another class then both Pburg and SC. Belfry ROLLS!!
Belfry in a close one.
BCF4L Wrote:Just like Sheldon Clark did huh? Rolleyes :thumpsup:

haha:thumpsup:
corndog23 Wrote:i get it BCF4L. i was WRONG. You happy?? i was WRONG! But i havent been wrong too many other times on this board. and i wont be wrong about this game either. i had a skewed view of my cardinals due to my biased. i have no dog in this fight, but, from seeing both teams play in live action, Belfry is in another class then both Pburg and SC. Belfry ROLLS!!
Damn man chill, I was playing witcha. Didn't mean to twist your thong around. Smile
I am going to say Belfry by a couple of touchdowns. Belfry will get a long run and hurt the blackcats mental and that is when they take it to them.
Prestonsburg's Defense has been great all season ! I've had numerous people tell me that they have the best D in District 8 but there last in Offenisve production ! Pburgs D will determine the out come of this game ! If Belfry Fumbles the ball alot than this could go to the Blackcats ! If Pburg cannot get First Downs than this could go to Belfry it will be Low scoring game ! I said in another Thread Pburg 27-21 over the pirates in OT but now I've changed my score :

Pburg--20
Belfry--14 OT
Prestonsburg has to be able to throw the ball, I don't see them being able to run on Belfry. However, should be a great game.

Prestonsburg - 20
Belfry - 14 (OT)
I'll take Belfry in this one 28 to 6 could be more.
PHS_JT Wrote:I'm from Pburg and i always enjoy playing belfry i've played against them for well this makes the 3rd year now and its the best atmosphere in football period to be apart..i have played in some of the best games in high school 2a mountain football simply because belfry and prestonsburg play with their ears pinned back and let everything fly neither team has any regrets after the game both sides leave it on the field and i'm honest when i say this the OUTCOME is unpredictable IMO its just one of those games anything could happen and its like this every year....Goodluck to both teams Friday!!

:rockon:No better way to put it It will be nothing but war come saturday:rockon:
Oughta be a great game but seeing the heart displayed by the pirates in the games so far ,I gotta think they 'll take P burg 28-14 at least. They just don't give up.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad for the cats
I will tell you this is a different kind of rivalry. I remember going to play belfry as a cardinal and having penny's and screws chucked at us from the fans. You would get spit at and cussed at by parents as you entered the feild. But this pburg/belfry rivalry is gentler and freindly.
Belfry by 1 TD
Belfry will win by 10 or more:devilflam ...hopefully see you all down the road:Clap:
Belfry makes it SEVEN in a row over the Blackcats!
LovetheBucs Wrote:Belfry makes it SEVEN in a row over the Blackcats!

Bad part about that is, I've played in the last 6.

Good Luck Blackcats.
Belfry
Pages: 1 2