Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2014 KHSBCA Preseason Baseball Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
STATE BASEBALL PRESEASON TOP 25 (From Kentucky High School Baseball Coaches Association)

1. Henderson County
2. Pleasure Ridge Park
3. Central Hardin
4. Male
5. Tates Creek
6. Lafayette
7. St. Xavier
8. Apollo
9. Mercer County
10. Bullitt East
11. Lexington Catholic
12 McCracken County
13. Harrison County
14. Collins
15. Danville
16. Ballard
17. West Jessamine
18. Logan County
19. South Warren
20. Paul Dunbar
21. Butler
22. Hazard
23. Beechwood
24. Meade County
25. North Laurel

- See more at: http://blogs.courier-journal.com/khs/201...KdwHw.dpuf
So sad that we are not in the top 25. Made it to state and I only loose 2 starters. Stupid!
Forgive me for being striaght forward, but just because you went to state in a weak region does not qualify you as a top 25 team. You might say well Hazard is rated 22, but IMO they are overrated, with all they lost last year to be rated that high preseason is not justified. How about Harlan County? Our combined record with Letcher and Hazard last year was 3-1 and we have 6 returning starters along with a deep returning pitching staff and we dont get a mention? Hopefully the lack of statewide recognition will motivate both yours and our kids to big things this year....
I dont see Hazard being 22, with all the talent they lost. They lost 3 key starters that will be hard to replace.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Forgive me for being striaght forward, but just because you went to state in a weak region does not qualify you as a top 25 team. You might say well Hazard is rated 22, but IMO they are overrated, with all they lost last year to be rated that high preseason is not justified. How about Harlan County? Our combined record with Letcher and Hazard last year was 3-1 and we have 6 returning starters along with a deep returning pitching staff and we dont get a mention? Hopefully the lack of statewide recognition will motivate both yours and our kids to big things this year....

There is probably 15-20 schools from the 6th, 7th, and 11th regions that are more deserving of being in the top 25, than any school from the 13th, 14th, or 15th regions.

Regular season means very little, besides the district seed games. Top 25 ratings mean even less. Since Harlan Co., Hazard, and Letcher Central aren't in the same district, and did not meet in the post season, those regular season games do not tell very much either IMO. All three should be competitive east of I-64 this spring.
You arae pretty close, there are 10 listed from those regions..
rawlingsfan Wrote:There is probably 15-20 schools from the 6th, 7th, and 11th regions that are more deserving of being in the top 25, than any school from the 13th, 14th, or 15th regions.

Regular season means very little, besides the district seed games. Top 25 ratings mean even less. Since Harlan Co., Hazard, and Letcher Central aren't in the same district, and did not meet in the post season, those regular season games do not tell very much either IMO. All three should be competitive east of I-64 this spring.
I understand that these 3 regions do not have the quality teams and depth that some of the stronger regions you mention do, that was part of my point in my comments. I disagree somewhat with you about your comment that regular season games mean very little. these games give a pretty good indication of what kind of team you have, especially in the pitching dept.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I understand that these 3 regions do not have the quality teams and depth that some of the stronger regions you mention do, that was part of my point in my comments. I disagree somewhat with you about your comment that regular season games mean very little. these games give a pretty good indication of what kind of team you have, especially in the pitching dept.

I was agreeing with you. There's a larger population in Lexington, Louisville, Owensboro and the NKy area. Hitting facilities and personal private instructors are everywhere in these places.

Good pitching always beats good hitting. You never know about regular season games because team A could be pitcing their #1 while team B is throwing their #4. Or a coach could have a pitcher on a pitch count. That's why baseball match-ups/scores are so misleading. But the average fan just sees the final score...not the game within the game that is always going on. This isn't basketball or football...everyone in the game must contribute on offense and defense, & your most important player is limited to 15 innings over 7 calendar days.
Letcher did get some votes for the Top 25 but they were behind several other teams that got votes.
I agree preseason doesn't mean that much. There seems to be a lot of hating on Hazard for some reason. They have a really strong pitching line up this year. These same guys will be around for the next few years.
<p>
rawlingsfan Wrote:There is probably 15-20 schools from the 6th, 7th, and 11th regions that are more deserving of being in the top 25, than any school from the 13th, 14th, or 15th regions. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Regular season means very little, besides the district seed games. Top 25 ratings mean even less. Since Harlan Co., Hazard, and Letcher Central aren't in the same district, and did not meet in the post season, those regular season games do not tell very much either IMO. All three should be competitive east of I-64 this spring.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Where is "east of I-64?"
2000PHS Wrote:<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Where is "east of I-64?"

Lol. I meant east of I-75, south of I-64. Thanks for the correction.