Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne County 78 Southwestern 74 (12th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wayne will play the winner of Marshall and McCracken from the 1st region
Congratulations Wayne County from 64SUR. :Cheerlead
Congrats Wayne
wayne is just awful good.
Congrats to Wayne Co. and good luck at State.

Rodney Woods is "the man". His teams are so mentally tough, they just refuse to lose. Peyton, Sturnes, Blevins and Perkins were all clutch down the stretch.

Also congratulations to SW on a great season. Justin Edwards played his guts out tonight and I am so proud of him. Gaskins was a Beast!!! Kudos to SW coaching staff on getting to the region final and was a few missed free throws from winning the region when three 8th graders and a freshman are a part of your 8 man rotation. The Future is bright in Warrior Land.

Before anyone gets on here and bashes the Referees, I want to thank them for taking time away from their familys to come over and call this game. It was a difficult game to call and there were a few calls each way that I saw differently than they did, but they also got alot of the calls correct.

I do think they should have T'd up Wayne county up for six players on the floor when the little girl ran out on the floor. (Just Kidding ..... she was a cutie)
Willie Turnover Wrote:Congrats to Wayne Co. and good luck at State.

Rodney Woods is "the man". His teams are so mentally tough, they just refuse to lose. Peyton, Sturnes, Blevins and Perkins were all clutch down the stretch.

Also congratulations to SW on a great season. Justin Edwards played his guts out tonight and I am so proud of him. Gaskins was a Beast!!! Kudos to SW coaching staff on getting to the region final and was a few missed free throws from winning the region when three 8th graders and a freshman are a part of your 8 man rotation. The Future is bright in Warrior Land.

Before anyone gets on here and bashes the Referees, I want to thank them for taking time away from their familys to come over and call this game. It was a difficult game to call and there were a few calls each way that I saw differently than they did, but they also got alot of the calls correct.

I do think they should have T'd up Wayne county up for six players on the floor when the little girl ran out on the floor. (Just Kidding ..... she was a cutie)

Don't think I could have agreed or said it any better than that. Congrats to Wayne and good luck at Rupp! And congrats to Southwestern for a great season and a pretty bright future the next few years!
A big shout out to our Cardinals, being 9 points away from an undefeated season. Watching Montgomery co celebrate after beating this very tired team of young men on a Sunday afternoon after playing and winning a hard fought game against a very good Knott County Central team just a few hours prior, you would have thought they had won a championship of some sort. Beating a great Southwestern team not only in finals of district and regional but 2 other times this year in regular season was unbelievable. IMO Southwestern would beat a lot of the teams that will be playing in the State Tour. So congratulations Cardinals, and lets win 4 more.
good luck today wayne co. love watching you guys play.
Rodney Woods is Steve Wright's daddy
Woods is a great coach no doubt. I love watching this years team play. Woods was coaching wayne my jr year when they beat us in the finals of the region at wayne by 2 in overtime. wayne went on to finish runner up to prp that year. We played 5 times that year and wayne winning 3. all was battles. If I aint mistaken. steve was 4-2 against wayne since coming to sw 0-4 this year though
A good coach would try to develope a stronger bench. Looking back from last years run to this he is still letting 6 players do the work. This will hurt at state.