Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Hellier Hellcats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check this thread out....
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=172768

The Hellier Hellcats (Pike County, that was consolidated into Millard HS) has to be the best mascot in the history of Kentucky HS sports.

Does anybody have any pics from their school/gym/teams....
my mom and dad graduated from Hellier high school in 1957.
[Image: 28556_119241621430981_856896_n.jpg]
My Grandfather graduated there in 57.
Idbldblue, Have you seen the year book from then? I have online.
I'd say you would see them too.
Real Badman Wrote:[Image: 28556_119241621430981_856896_n.jpg]

That is freakin' awesome. Love the picture.
My dad graduated from Hellier. Here is a website that is ran by some of the Hellier Alumni http://hellierhellcats.com/ Hellier probably has the strongest Alumni base of any school, I know of. The site has a painting of the school, which stood in Hellier. I don't know of any pictures of their gym. The Hellier gym looked very similar to the gym at St. Catharine College.
The gym was a copy of the old dorton high school gym without the upper deck. It had a hellcat painted in the center circle. On the wall there was a giant hellcat painted with the sportsman greed painted under it. Feds creek and hellier are almost identical except hellier was built in a "L" shape and feds creek is bilt in a "T" shap. Both had classes in the basement with the windows at ground level and then two additional floors
dawg fan Wrote:The gym was a copy of the old dorton high school gym without the upper deck. It had a hellcat painted in the center circle. On the wall there was a giant hellcat painted with the sportsman greed painted under it. Feds creek and hellier are almost identical except hellier was built in a "L" shape and feds creek is bilt in a "T" shap. Both had classes in the basement with the windows at ground level and then two additional floors

Hellier also had a first floor and second floor. I can remember as a kid going to Fall Festivals when Hellier was still open. I always thought the school looked and felt huge. If you ever want to hear some great stories. Sit and listen to those who played Basketball at Hellier. They are priceless. I thought it was great when East Ridge played at Millard earlier this season for the Hellcat/Mustang Classic. Showing honor to a part of their history by wearing Hellier shirts for one half, and the Cheerleaders doing cheers, as Hellier.