Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCoy runs WILD!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Matewan 64, Burch 0
Paul McCoy - 658 yards & 10 TD'S !!!
(according to WV MetroNews)
Absolutely Astonishing!!!!
That is wild, but I am 36 and I could score 5 TD's on Burch!
VHSL-helper Wrote:Matewan 64, Burch 0
Paul McCoy - 658 yards & 10 TD'S !!!
(according to WV MetroNews)

Was that just rushing, passing, total offense or total yards all together.
So he scored 60 of their 64 points, do they not have a very good kicker or what.
BelfryJustice Wrote:That is wild, but I am 36 and I could score 5 TD's on Burch!

ROFL........ Gotta love BP's sense of humor!!!
This isn't a West Virginia website..but DAMN. On the one side..what an accomplishment just looking at those numbers. He set the WV state record for yards inna game in the game against Shelby Valley but had that taken away. But if Epling is really ruled eligible as has been reported then he'll get that game back. If McCoy gets the first games he's played back then he'll be leading the entire nation in rushing and touchdowns thusfar into the season. He already had well over 1,000 yards and 16 touchdowns before tonight.
BelfryJustice Wrote:That is wild, but I am 36 and I could score 5 TD's on Burch!
Smile
Well I just heard that they don't get the KY game against Shelby Valley back which I think is rediculous. McCoy set the WV state record against Shelby Valley so I guess that doesn't count. I'm not sure how it's gonna work out. But at the same time Burch is an AWFUL team. They only have 12 players on the whole team. They haven't won a game this year and they havn't come close to winning. And Matewan had their starters in the whole game. I think thats pretty crappy too.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruitin...id=2567618

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruitin...id=2567574

"those totals are just from the SV game, i dont know what the hold up is with max preps getting the new totals... "

The above comment is from the board admin or something on the other website for Matewan... thought some of ya might like to check out the stats on the McCoy youngin!!
Coach Wrote:Matewan had their starters in the whole game. I think thats pretty crappy too.

Yeah i know and everyone downed SV for running the score up on Phelps even though SV played their freshman just about the whole game....its pretty pathetic that someone would run the score up on a team that bad just so one of their own players can build his stats and possibly break a record or two so now i guess we all can say that Matewan dont have has much class as everyone thought
WELL... I thought that SV barely had enough to fill a team let alone have enough to put freshman in the whole game! Which one is it?? The freshman team OR the varsity with a few extra players?? NOT bashing on the past BUT you did bring it up!!
and OH... go tell Yogi Kinder he doesn't have any class... LMAO.... be sure and post what he tells ya!!!
Matewan doesn't have class in that aspect. They played against Williamson, WV and did the same crap. Runnin the score up on a lesser opponent. Other then Valley the only good team that Matewan has played is Man, WV. McCoy was held less than 100 yards and never got a touchdown. It's really sad. I saw on some of the threads the other day talking about the heart that the Phelps kids have because they know they will probably lose but they are there anyway and they give it their all each and every week. Well thats Burch. They have only 12 players on the entire team..I mean..if two get hurt they have to forfeit or something. They have only 12 players and havn't came within 30 points of winning a game this year but they are still there to practice every day and play every single week. Now thats heart. And for Matewan to do what they did there is as unsportsmanlike as you can get in my book.
SV has 11 freshmen this year and just 19 seniors, juniors, and sophmores all combined
I have to agree with you that Burch is down this year. My hubby passes by their field everyday coming from work and he said there are not very many kids out there practicing. The kids from Phelps know what it's like to be dogged all the time and I can sympathize with the kids from Burch. Great determination to hang in there in keep playing. Matewan isn't a huge school either though. I only live about 5 minutes from there and they just have a program that is winning and is keeping kids interested in playing.
Coach Wrote:Matewan doesn't have class in that aspect. They played against Williamson, WV and did the same crap. Runnin the score up on a lesser opponent. Other then Valley the only good team that Matewan has played is Man, WV. McCoy was held less than 100 yards and never got a touchdown. It's really sad. I saw on some of the threads the other day talking about the heart that the Phelps kids have because they know they will probably lose but they are there anyway and they give it their all each and every week. Well thats Burch. They have only 12 players on the entire team..I mean..if two get hurt they have to forfeit or something. They have only 12 players and havn't came within 30 points of winning a game this year but they are still there to practice every day and play every single week. Now thats heart. And for Matewan to do what they did there is as unsportsmanlike as you can get in my book.

well said....i dont think i could have said it better:thumpsup:
Wow...Good Lord!..lol that is amazing!
phs1986 Wrote:I have to agree with you that Burch is down this year. My hubby passes by their field everyday coming from work and he said there are not very many kids out there practicing. The kids from Phelps know what it's like to be dogged all the time and I can sympathize with the kids from Burch. Great determination to hang in there in keep playing. Matewan isn't a huge school either though. I only live about 5 minutes from there and they just have a program that is winning and is keeping kids interested in playing.

Yeah they might be winning but who have they really played....name me one team that they have played and beat that will make it to the playoffs
well... UH.... SV fans seem to think they are going to the playoffs... and they DID beat them!!!
The only team they've beat that will probably make it to the playoffs is Man. And that was a good close game. Matewan won by 2 touchdowns I think..but they were late. I was there and it was close the whole way. McCoy didn't do anything in that game. Thats the only playoff calliber team they've played yet.
phs1986 Wrote:well... UH.... SV fans seem to think they are going to the playoffs... and they DID beat them!!!

Shelby Valley will make it to the playoffs based on their record so far. But who has Valley played? They havn't played the big dogs yet. They havn't played Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark, and Belfry. Prestonsburg is possibly a winnable game. But Pburg seems to be getting better every week. We'll see how good Shelby Valley really is when they play SC and Belfry. I precict the outcome will not be pretty.
It doesn't really matter - would you rather make the playoffs or get a boat-load of national attention? I'd say the kid has a LOT better chance of gettin' a scholorship (sp?) now than he had 45 days ago.
well i can bet anything that the wildcats will be in the playoffs and Matewan beat them by 5 points and i think that Valley would have beat them if they would have stayed in there and played a full four quarters of football
VHSL-helper Wrote:It doesn't really matter - would you rather make the playoffs or get a boat-load of national attention? I'd say the kid has a LOT better chance of gettin' a scholorship (sp?) now than he had 45 days ago.

I don't agree with how Matewan does things..but I can't argue with your logic there. But alot of that will depend on how he performs in the playoffs. Last year I believe he was hurt or something. But if McCoy really is that good why has nobody heard of him before this year?
I heard of him... LOL.....He is a good kid!!!
I'm just saying why havn't we heard of him inna football sense. I'm not questioning him as a person. From everybody I talk to he is of outstanding charecter. I watched him play and he's no better then other running backs I've seen over the years. Not that he doesn't have talent. He deffinitely has talent. But the rushing yards he's getting. If when Doug Howard or David Jones went to Belfry coach Haywood woulda left them in the game the whole game and focused on one of them in games against East Ridge or Shelby Valley...the way they were then....one of them could've been getting the same rushing numbers.
Yogi Kinder is what class is NOT about. I'm happy for the McCoy kid, but anyone on this board could run for 200 yards against Burch with decent blocking.

Heck, some of Yogi's girlfriends could, too. Since Title IX is in full effect.
I wouldnt call Matewan an UNCLASSY act. If your a player and your coach tells ya to play, are you just going to say "no thanks coach, I think I want to set on the side lines"

NO...Thats why you are out there, to play ball. Now, if the coach leaves him in, shame on him but you can't point the fingers at McCoy. I have watched one of their games, McCoy was set down the whole second half and still had six touchdowns, plus he had two that were called back on him.
MrRight that is to funny of a comment about Yogi. That would be a good ball game lol. Anyone to run the score up on Burch is unclassy they have 12 players and I think 1 is hurt but will be back next week so they might have just had 11. But honestly Belfry Middle School would beat them and that is not a joke so congrats McCoy. He is a decent back but that is all he is in my opinion. Man is down this year to what they usualy are and they shut him down well. Matewan won that game but officiating was really haelpful to them.
Pages: 1 2 3