Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 56 Bell Co 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Corbin vs Clay County for region championship.
I have seen Clay a few times this year and at times they forget to play defense, if this happens Monday they will get beat.If they show up and get after it on defense they will win there kazillionth region championship. Good luck to both teams Monday night.
Congrats to Corbin redhounds. :HitWall:
Down goes my pick
Those officials were horrible. For both teams.
Called it since October
Corbin is looking good, but they are no match for for the TIGERS..there is no juck defense to stop six scorers and CC has a stopper in Smith.:rockon:
Congrats to Hounds. Clay will be a very tough match up they are playing lights out.
Count Wrote:Corbin is looking good, but they are no match for for the TIGERS..there is no juck defense to stop six scorers and CC has a stopper in Smith.:rockon:

It will be a daunting task. Clay Co. is playing extremely well right now.
Surprised more players from Bell didn't foul out! Corbin must not have put up enough money. I was at the Bell/ Rock game in 2004 when Keith Morgan reffing. Rock shot somewhere in the upper 60's in free thows. Bell shot in the lower 20's. Cash, son of coach Cash shot somewhere around 30 free throws. 7 bell players fouled out in regulation. Rock won in overtime. So I was surprised to see Morgan let that many stay in the game. Maybe he has softened up in his old age. I was not surprised to see that Morgan a Corbin Native reffed both of Corbin's 1st and 2nd round games though. Yay for The Arena. Lets keep the regional tournament in Corbin!
pureathlete Wrote:Surprised more players from Bell didn't foul out! Corbin must not have put up enough money. I was at the Bell/ Rock game in 2004 when Keith Morgan reffing. Rock shot somewhere in the upper 60's in free thows. Bell shot in the lower 20's. Cash, son of coach Cash shot somewhere around 30 free throws. 7 bell players fouled out in regulation. Rock won in overtime. So I was surprised to see Morgan let that many stay in the game. Maybe he has softened up in his old age. I was not surprised to see that Morgan a Corbin Native reffed both of Corbin's 1st and 2nd round games though. Yay for The Arena. Lets keep the regional tournament in Corbin!

Morgan is not from Corbin, he is from London. The people from London really love to cheer for the Corbin athletic teams though.:dontthink
SEKYFAN Wrote:Morgan is not from Corbin, he is from London. The people from London really love to cheer for the Corbin athletic teams though.:dontthink

Terrible officiating in the Tournament. I have watched all the boys games and they are bad for both teams. Letting Morgan ref we might as well kept 13th region officials.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Morgan is not from Corbin, he is from London. The people from London really love to cheer for the Corbin athletic teams though.:dontthink

Guess it is just so happened that he got both of the games??? :ChairHit:
Amped 88 Wrote:Terrible officiating in the Tournament. I have watched all the boys games and they are bad for both teams. Letting Morgan ref we might as well kept 13th region officials.

The thing that probably bothers me the most is the fact that in the other games teams were physical and were allowed to play. Then all of a sudden Saturday night, a lot of flopping started happening and touch fouls were called???? Has to be one of the other cannot be a mixture of both depending upon the game.
pureathlete Wrote:The thing that probably bothers me the most is the fact that in the other games teams were physical and were allowed to play. Then all of a sudden Saturday night, a lot of flopping started happening and touch fouls were called???? Has to be one of the other cannot be a mixture of both depending upon the game.

They weren't calling it like that on Sat night they were letting them mugging each other. They were letting them play and that isn't the way it is supposed to be called accordding to the KHSSAA.
I had a hand in coaching those seniors from the 2004 team, and I guess it just bothers me to see the same thing happen to the 2014 seniors by the same OFFICIAL!