Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 67 Belfry 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SV vs Lawrence in the semis. Should be a great game
Nice win
Amazing at how bad the 60th district is now, 2 of the 3 largest schools in the 15th and they are just plain BAD.

Shelby Valley and LC will be a battle.
I felt sorry for Belfry .
Did Belter have a triple double in this one with points, rebounds & blocks? Had to be close. He was after it on the floor all night too. Anyone have the stats?
Shelby Valley 67
Belfry 31
Belfry 2 12 6 11 31
Shelby Valley 25 23 13 6 67
15th Region first round at Eastern Ky. Expo Center
Belfry (8-19) -- Fannin 14, Woolum 2, Isom 2, Copley 5, Price 1, Catron 4, Dotson 1, James 2.
Shelby Valley (19-10) -- Carr 19, Richardson 2, Hamilton 8, Newsome 11, Swindall 7, Silvers 9, Wright 9, Cantrell 2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/12/02/29118...rylink=cpy
region Wrote:Amazing at how bad the 60th district is now, 2 of the 3 largest schools in the 15th and they are just plain BAD.

Shelby Valley and LC will be a battle.

Belfry is very young team and "all" the players played Jv or middle school bball last year. Lost 3 games this year at the buzzer against pretty good teams and have shown some fight. Had ER down 8 with under 2:00 minutes to play at Lick Creek and allowed it to slip away with simple mistakes and some shady calls down the stretch. "Cough" "Cough", A. Wheeler and crew.

Big stage tonight at Expo and their youth was exposed by a Shelby Valley team that has the horse's to win this Region and represent the 15th at Rupp. Classy coaching by Valley coach to call off the dog's and not run it up.

PC is young and have a load of talent. Most returning.

LC is joining the 60th and is going to raise the bar.

Yes, it may be down this year. But, don't expect it to be weak for long.
BGCat Wrote:Shelby Valley 67
Belfry 31
Belfry 2 12 6 11 31
Shelby Valley 25 23 13 6 67
15th Region first round at Eastern Ky. Expo Center
Belfry (8-19) -- Fannin 14, Woolum 2, Isom 2, Copley 5, Price 1, Catron 4, Dotson 1, James 2.
Shelby Valley (19-10) -- Carr 19, Richardson 2, Hamilton 8, Newsome 11, Swindall 7, Silvers 9, Wright 9, Cantrell 2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/12/02/29118...rylink=cpy

Belter didn't score????? He played a H*** of a game without doing so!
I say this comment meaning no disrespect to Belfry, but I was shocked when the game went to a running clock. I didn't know they could do that in a regional tournament game, I've never heard of it before.

Then again, I didn't go to all those regional games a few years ago when Elisha Justice and his crew played for Valley. I know there were multiple regional games they won by large margins, so maybe it happened then and I just didn't know it.
Big Don Wrote:Classy coaching by Valley coach to call off the dog's and not run it up.

Make sure Belfry's coaches remember this if Valley ends up playing them in football again anytime soon. :biggrin:
Big Don Wrote:Belfry is very young team and "all" the players played Jv or middle school bball last year. Lost 3 games this year at the buzzer against pretty good teams and have shown some fight. Had ER down 8 with under 2:00 minutes to play at Lick Creek and allowed it to slip away with simple mistakes and some shady calls down the stretch. "Cough" "Cough", A. Wheeler and crew.

Big stage tonight at Expo and their youth was exposed by a Shelby Valley team that has the horse's to win this Region and represent the 15th at Rupp. Classy coaching by Valley coach to call off the dog's and not run it up.

PC is young and have a load of talent. Most returning.

LC is joining the 60th and is going to raise the bar.

Yes, it may be down this year. But, don't expect it to be weak for long.

I know Belfry and Pike Central are young, as is Phelps, but they are not very good, young or not. All 3 schedules were somewhat weak - 2 victories COMBINED over teams with winning records, and Pike Central beat Lawrence???

Crazy.
Give us two years and Belfry will have a good chance at making it to state. Great coaching, great players coming up, and great program. People forget we have a completely new coaching staff and 3 or 4 returning players that got little to no varsity minutes.