Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Some of the best refs in 13th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you think are some of the better refs in the 13th region?
I didn't know we had good refs in the 13th, unless you call 50-100 foul shots a game good. Our refs are too worried about being see and worried about what is said in the bleachers.
I don't know if ive ever heard anyone say anything positive about 13th region refs.
On the flip side, if you were to bring in a whole new crew from a completely different part of the state, I don't think you would either. That's makes the argument null for me.

Like every other region, the 13th has some good and some bad.
Yes, we do have good and bad officials. It's just that so many are so incredibly childish that they will make a ballgame issue into a "personal" one. Add to that, the fact that some of them like to be high profile. I'm not going into any more detail, I'm just glad this season is over and looking forward to the next. Hopefully the officials in our region that need to work on their game will do so in the off season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't know if ive ever heard anyone say anything positive about 13th region refs.
On the flip side, if you were to bring in a whole new crew from a completely different part of the state, I don't think you would either. That's makes the argument null for me.

Like every other region, the 13th has some good and some bad.

Diagree Gut, I'm not sure where the ref's are from but the guys doing the tourny are doing a great job. The guys from the 13th just can't seem to grasp the idea that the games are not about them.
The problem is our officials aren't held accountable or made to improve. Many regions suspend you games not for missed calls but messing up rules. Like the "blarge" call being a point of interruption call. Then my big issue is our officials should have to go to at least 3 camps over the summer. Our assigner won't do that! We need accountability in our officials and they would be fine. Also if a complaint is made and justified by film it should cost the official games.
^^14th region officials.
:dudecomeon:
Olred Wrote:The problem is our officials aren't held accountable or made to improve. Many regions suspend you games not for missed calls but messing up rules. Like the "blarge" call being a point of interruption call. Then my big issue is our officials should have to go to at least 3 camps over the summer. Our assigner won't do that! We need accountability in our officials and they would be fine. Also if a complaint is made and justified by film it should cost the official games.

A blarge is at point the point of interruption. It is a double foul.
I'm hearing some new recruit ref's are transferring to the 13th. Confusednicker:
Count Wrote:Diagree Gut, I'm not sure where the ref's are from but the guys doing the tourny are doing a great job. The guys from the 13th just can't seem to grasp the idea that the games are not about them.

100% agree count. If the 13 th had called this tournament we still be in the 1st round. Games never have a flow with them way too many whistles. These refs at the arena are calling great unbiased games, that flow and do not last 3 hrs. :blabbermo
Some of the best to call in the 13th. Paul P., Gene Lowe and Mike Centers. Those were the best 3, I can remember.
Exactly it's NOT a jump ball. Sorry if my typing is confusing. I think I'm a better talker than typer.
Olred Wrote:Exactly it's NOT a jump ball. Sorry if my typing is confusing. I think I'm a better talker than typer.

But it is a jump ball if no team has control such as a shot or loose ball.
BrokenArrow Wrote:100% agree count. If the 13 th had called this tournament we still be in the 1st round. Games never have a flow with them way too many whistles. These refs at the arena are calling great unbiased games, that flow and do not last 3 hrs. :blabbermo

I disagree. They were killing each other in the Corbin and Bell game.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I disagree. They were killing each other in the Corbin and Bell game.

Key to ur statement is they was killing each other. They call it both ways and allow contact and some actual defense to be played. I hate all these sticky tack hand check calls.:dontthink
BrokenArrow Wrote:Key to ur statement is they was killing each other. They call it both ways and allow contact and some actual defense to be played. I hate all these sticky tack hand check calls.:dontthink

Let me put it to you another way they were not calling by the rules of basketball. They sucked and Keith Morgan should not have not been calling in our region.
Count Wrote:Diagree Gut, I'm not sure where the ref's are from but the guys doing the tourny are doing a great job. The guys from the 13th just can't seem to grasp the idea that the games are not about them.

Not according to many. Personally, I haven't watched a game, but according to many other members, there the worst crews ever. (Those members teams lost)

In other words, ive found on this site thinks officials are horrible when they lose, and there doing "okay" when they win.
Head over to the girls bball forum, they think theres a huge conspiracy going on over there in the 13th tourneys.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not according to many. Personally, I haven't watched a game, but according to many other members, there the worst crews ever. (Those members teams lost)

In other words, ive found on this site thinks officials are horrible when they lose, and there doing "okay" when they win.
Head over to the girls bball forum, they think theres a huge conspiracy going on over there in the 13th tourneys.

I am saying they have been bad for both teams. Not because we lost they are not calling basketball they are calling it like it is a football game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not according to many. Personally, I haven't watched a game, but according to many other members, there the worst crews ever. (Those members teams lost)

Gotcha, as a CC homer I don't think anyone has ever beaten us fair and square. :biglmao:
But I do think the 13th region refs do go overboard with their calls.
I sat behind CCs bench when they played Harlan Co and a player asked Marcum what he should do. He said said the ref was trash talking him. U have to admit that is crazy.
^
I know the ref!!!
This is kind of off topic, but definitely related. I think the district tournaments should be held in neighboring districts, eliminating home court advantage. For example, the 52nd district should be played at 51st district sites. I would love to see some of these rivalry games settled on a neutral floor.
The 13th is horrible officiating but it doesn't have to be. People are as bad as they are allowed. I officiated for years and I won't say I made better calls than others but I did always try to work on my craft. Same as when I coached. The play I was talking about bobcats was with a ball handler curling off of a screen and the hedger jumping out in his bath. It was clearly a block but bad call compounded by a lack of knowledge of the rules. Some of the good officials are blinded by the egos they carry around.
Olred Wrote:The 13th is horrible officiating but it doesn't have to be. People are as bad as they are allowed. I officiated for years and I won't say I made better calls than others but I did always try to work on my craft. Same as when I coached. The play I was talking about bobcats was with a ball handler curling off of a screen and the hedger jumping out in his bath. It was clearly a block but bad call compounded by a lack of knowledge of the rules. Some of the good officials are blinded by the egos they carry around.

Those weren't 13th region they are from the all mighty 10th and 11th.
That is because our "Assigner" is just as bad! Go watch him call college games, he is just as bad as our HS officials ROFL
No one actually answered the question, from what I can see.

I thought Glenn Gray was the best official in the region for a number of years before he got into coaching.
I think Kevin Hembree has been the best the past several years. I think there are several other good ones.
Geno "CYC Legend" Carpenter